|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maturin live away from his wife when he is in town?
(a) He chooses to do so.
(b) It saves them money.
(c) She has commanded him to.
(d) It is the fashion of the time.
2. How does Maturin protect Yeats?
(a) He assigns him as his assistant.
(b) He gives him the early shift.
(c) He declares him medically unfit.
(d) He puts him in the brig.
3. What does Yeats say will ruin him?
(a) Salt water.
(d) Tobacco spit.
4. What is Maturin's occupation?
5. Why do the crew not want to deliver people to destinations?
(a) Parsons bring bad luck.
(b) They have less food to eat.
(c) Admirals will be watching their every move.
(d) Their ship is already too crowded.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aubrey describe his mission on the Worcester as part of his career?
2. What does Maturin's wife like to do?
3. Why does Aubrey delay setting sail on the Worcester?
4. Why does Maturin take pity on Yeats?
5. What do the crew dislike most about the Worcester?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)