|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to make Maturin deathly ill after he is hit in the head?
(a) Spells of dizzyness.
(b) Loss of blood.
(c) An infection.
(d) Bad stitches.
2. Why do the crew not want to deliver people to destinations?
(a) Admirals will be watching their every move.
(b) Parsons bring bad luck.
(c) They have less food to eat.
(d) Their ship is already too crowded.
3. What do the crew dislike most about the Worcester?
(a) She is moldy.
(b) She is old.
(c) She is slow.
(d) She is leaky.
4. Why does Aubrey spend a small fortune of his own money on something for the ship?
(a) So the crew can practice shooting.
(b) So he can rest easy.
(c) So he can sail according to Navy restrictions.
(d) So they look the part.
5. What does the crew of the Jemmapes fear when Aubrey fires on them?
(a) They have a new secret weapon.
(b) They are being attacked by pirates.
(c) A dead man is the captain.
(d) They are breaking a treaty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is England at conflict with in this book?
2. What has earned the Worcester its nick-name?
3. What is the nick-name of the Worcester?
4. Who is badly injured after the run-in with the Jemmapes?
5. Why does Aubrey delay setting sail on the Worcester?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)