|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nathaniel Martin's job on the ship?
2. What is Maturin's occupation?
3. What has earned the Worcester its nick-name?
(a) It has many guns on it.
(b) Many people recognize it readily.
(c) It was used by pirates for some time.
(d) Many corners were cut in the building of it.
4. How does Maturin feel about Aubrey?
(a) They are complete opposites.
(b) They are best friends.
(c) They were enemies in the past.
(d) They are co-workers.
5. Why does Maturin live away from his wife when he is in town?
(a) He chooses to do so.
(b) She has commanded him to.
(c) It is the fashion of the time.
(d) It saves them money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the officers on the Worcester dislike Maturin?
2. Why do the crew not want to deliver people to destinations?
3. What happens to make Maturin deathly ill after he is hit in the head?
4. What is Mowett's title in the Navy?
5. What does Aubrey do before setting sail across the sea?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)