|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What diminishes Martin's love for the Navy?
(a) Seeing a man die.
(b) Witnessing floggings.
(c) Going thirsty at sea.
(d) Getting shot at.
2. What forces the Worcester to leave the blockade?
(a) A storm.
(b) A court ruling.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A battle.
3. What does Thornton talk to Maturin about during their visit together?
(a) All of these.
(b) How the blockade is working.
(c) Aubrey's health.
4. What is Babbington's ship called?
5. What kind of competition is held for the officers on Aubrey's new ship?
(b) Target shooting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many guns are on the Jemmapes?
2. Why does Maturin take pity on Yeats?
3. Where is Aubrey commanded to go after he gets a new ship?
4. Why do birds land on the ship?
5. Who picks the first potentate to meet with?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)