1. What is Maturin's occupation?
2. What does Maturin's wife like to do?
(a) Throw parties.
(b) Go to the theater.
(d) Listen to him read.
3. How does the narrator describe Maturin?
(c) All of these.
4. How does Maturin's wife describe his habits?
5. What does Maturin say his wife does brilliantly?
(a) Read his writing out loud.
(b) Throw dinner parties.
(c) Dress herself.
(d) Have patience with him.
6. Who is England at conflict with in this book?
7. What does Maturin do for the Navy?
(a) He is a secret agent.
(b) All of these.
(c) He is a sailor.
(d) He is a cartographer.
8. What keeps Maturin away from home for long periods of time?
(a) His bouts of sickness.
(b) His scientific studies.
(c) His publishing tours.
(d) His job with the Navy.
9. What is Aubrey's first name?
10. What is Aubrey's title in the Navy?
This section contains 3,652 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)