|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breed is Andrew Martin’s dog?
(a) Basset hound.
(b) German shepherd.
(c) Springer spaniel.
2. How does Gulliver characterize the effect the narrator’s arrest for nakedness has had on his life?
(a) It made him a celebrity.
(b) It made him a laughing stork.
(c) It made him a curiosity.
(d) It ruined his life.
3. How does the narrator characterize the effect music has on him?
(a) It gives him the pleasure of counting.
(b) It gives him nostalgia for home.
(c) It gives him a strange, satisfying agitation.
(d) It gives him a satisfying blindness.
4. What causes the narrator to thank someone for the first time in his life?
(a) Zӧe compliments him.
(b) Ari gives him a ride home.
(c) Isobel brings him a sandwich.
(d) Gulliver says he hope he is feeling better.
5. What does the narrator say he feels when Isobel tells him that she does not know anything about his solution to the Riemann Hypothesis?
6. What trait does the narrator say makes up for the humans’ lack of physical attractiveness?
(a) Their rationality.
(b) Their gullibility.
(c) Their intelligence.
(d) Their compassion.
7. What is the narrator’s favorite primer number?
8. How long does Isobel say it has been since Andrew Martin liked Gulliver?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 years.
9. What effect does the TV have on the narrator’s pain?
(a) It makes it throb.
(b) It makes it worse.
(c) It makes it move around.
(d) It makes it disappear.
10. What does the narrator find most appalling about humans’ appearance?
11. What do the narrator’s hosts tell him he should be?
12. Where does the narrator follow Gulliver to, when he sees him during school hours?
(a) The city center.
(b) The train tracks.
(c) The river.
(d) The highway.
13. What does the narrator say about Andrew Martin, when he is being interrogated?
(a) That he is having an affair with his student.
(b) That he is the smartest human on Earth.
(c) That he is above the law.
(d) That he has just solved the Riemann Hypothesis.
14. What planet does the man in the holding cell say he is from?
15. What does the narrator say everything is, on Earth?
(a) A tragedy.
(b) A betrayal.
(c) A trial.
(d) A test.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator conclude human beings enjoy about music?
2. What is it that moves the narrator during Daniel Russell’s dying moments?
3. What color are word capsules in the world the narrator comes from?
4. What does the narrator say human news ought to be called?
5. Which college of Cambridge University does Andrew Martin teach at?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)