|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, pages 180-209.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the document in which the narrator finds Andrew Martin’s paper proving the Riemann Hypothesis?
2. Why does Ari say that the idea of aliens can only be enjoyed as fiction?
(a) Because the reality would push human beings out of the center of their own worldview.
(b) Because the crisis of science being wrong would destroy human knowledge.
(c) Because there would be panic if people thought it was possible.
(d) Because he does not think it is possible for there to be life elsewhere.
3. What does the narrator say this book is about?
(a) How to travel through time and space.
(b) How to fall in love.
(c) How to kill a Vonnadorian.
(d) How to become human.
4. What does the narrator say about Andrew Martin, when he is being interrogated?
(a) That he is having an affair with his student.
(b) That he has just solved the Riemann Hypothesis.
(c) That he is the smartest human on Earth.
(d) That he is above the law.
5. What causes the narrator to thank someone for the first time in his life?
(a) Isobel brings him a sandwich.
(b) Zӧe compliments him.
(c) Ari gives him a ride home.
(d) Gulliver says he hope he is feeling better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the narrator reaches out to touch Isobel’s neck and kill her?
2. What starts to astonish the narrator after he becomes human?
3. What does the narrator say human news ought to be called?
4. What does the narrator say he has done, when he deletes Andrew Martin’s file describing his solution to the Riemann Hypothesis?
5. What will the consequence be, if the narrator surrenders his gifts?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)