|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, pages 149-179.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator’s virus change Gulliver’s bullies’ names to on Facebook?
(a) I am a source of shame.
(b) I beg for your forgiveness.
(c) I hurt because I am hurt.
(d) I have behaved badly.
2. Why does the narrator hang up on Andrew Martin’s mother?
(a) Because he needs to talk to Gulliver about school.
(b) Because there are no cosmic consequences if he does.
(c) Because Isobel comes into the room with a question for him.
(d) Because he is afraid she will see that he is not her son.
3. What delusion does the narrator think humans have?
(a) That they are divine.
(b) That they control their lives.
(c) That they are advanced.
(d) That they are alone.
4. What does the narrator say about Andrew Martin, when he is being interrogated?
(a) That he has just solved the Riemann Hypothesis.
(b) That he is above the law.
(c) That he is having an affair with his student.
(d) That he is the smartest human on Earth.
5. What do the narrator’s hosts tell him he should be?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator injure himself in the house?
2. What prevents the narrator from telling Ari about his origins?
3. How does Isobel respond, when the narrator asks her if their marriage has been a bad one?
4. What does Gulliver say it is like to be Andrew Martin’s son?
5. What does the narrator find most appalling about humans’ appearance?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)