|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pages 25-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are blue lights a sign of, in the narrator’s experience?
2. What planet does the man in the holding cell say he is from?
3. What are the narrator’s feelings about rain?
(a) He hates it.
(b) It makes him nostalgic.
(c) It soothes him.
(d) It silences him.
4. What magazine provides the narrator with the basics of English?
(c) Ladies Home Journal.
5. What assumption in his audience does the narrator seek to overturn?
(a) That humanity will save the universe.
(b) That humanity teaches kindness and sympathy.
(c) That humanity deserves saving.
(d) That humanity is meaningless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator’s first experience on Earth?
2. What does the narrator say everything is, on Earth?
3. What does the narrator say civilization results from, on Earth?
4. How does Isobel respond, when the narrator asks her if their marriage has been a bad one?
5. What does the narrator say makes events important to people?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)