|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, pages 210-230; Part 3, pages 231-246.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What music does the narrator play, when he feels lonely in the house?
(a) Bizet’s Carmen.
(b) Holst’s The Planets.
(c) Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons.
(d) Beethoven’s Ode to Joy.
2. What starts to astonish the narrator after he becomes human?
(a) The inevitability of his suffering and death.
(b) The improbability of human life.
(c) The ubiquity of threats to human life.
(d) The impossibility of escape from Earth.
3. How does the narrator excuse Gulliver’s violence?
(a) He says that he was only sleepwalking.
(b) He says that it was just Gulliver’s drugs.
(c) He says that Gulliver was defending himself.
(d) He says that he deserved it.
4. What does the narrator say makes events important to people?
(a) Their proximity to them.
(b) Their distance from them.
(c) Their mathematical importance.
(d) Their spiritual importance.
5. What does the narrator say love allows humans to do?
(a) Live forever.
(b) Live in a single moment.
(c) Defy death.
(d) Defy the messiness of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say he did not tell Gulliver to stop, when Gulliver started to beat him?
2. Why does the narrator call Andrew Martin’s mother back, after he hangs up on her?
3. What causes the narrator to thank someone for the first time in his life?
4. Who does Maggie say the narrator looks like?
5. What is life like for the narrator after he loses his gifts?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)