|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, pages 118-148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator look at, that gives him the feeling of not being troubled?
(a) The parking lot.
(b) A crowd of people at a distance.
(c) A plant.
(d) A hillside.
2. How does the narrator characterize the effect music has on him?
(a) It gives him the pleasure of counting.
(b) It gives him a strange, satisfying agitation.
(c) It gives him nostalgia for home.
(d) It gives him a satisfying blindness.
3. Why does the narrator say he does not like wearing clothes?
(a) They chafe.
(b) They are not geometrical enough.
(c) They are embarrassing.
(d) He prefers glorious nakedness.
4. What is the first question the narrator feels he has given the right answer to?
(a) Whether he likes being married.
(b) Whether he has been under pressure.
(c) Whether he is having an affair with a student.
(d) Whether he would like to go home.
5. What does the Vonnadorians’ understanding of prime numbers allow them to do?
(a) Invent life forms.
(b) Inhabit other worlds.
(c) Time travel.
(d) Colonize other planets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Isobel Martin say Andrew Martin’s psychological problems came from?
2. What does the narrator say is the color of home?
3. What does the narrator say he always needed, instead of emotions?
4. Where does Isobel go, leaving the narrator home alone?
5. What does the narrator say happens when everything becomes alien?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)