|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, pages 180-209.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator’s favorite primer number?
2. How does the narrator injure himself in the house?
(a) He stubs his toe on a door frame.
(b) He cuts his finger in the kitchen.
(c) He bangs his shin on a coffee table.
(d) He hits his head in the shower.
3. What does the narrator say when Isobel describes the early days of her courtship with Andrew Martin?
(a) I really loved you then.
(b) Those people are dead, now.
(c) That was a lifetime ago.
(d) He must have loved you.
4. How long does Isobel say it has been, since she and her husband talked as openly as they talk after Hamlet?
(d) They have never talked so openly.
5. What does the narrator say gives him the closest approximation of space?
(a) Mozart’s Requiem.
(b) Palestrina’s psalms.
(c) Debussy’s Clair de Lune.
(d) Tchaikovsky’s concertos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say happens after he fails to kill Isobel?
2. How does the narrator characterize the effect music has on him?
3. What does the narrator conclude human beings enjoy about music?
4. What does the narrator conclude after following Gulliver?
5. What music does the narrator play, when he feels lonely in the house?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)