|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets Geraldo?
2. What is Tito’s mother doing when Esperanza goes to her house?
(a) Mowing the lawn.
(c) Ironing shirts.
3. Who does Esperanza compare Rafaela to?
(b) Sleeping Beauty.
4. What does Esperazna like to do?
(a) Think about boys.
(c) Tell stories.
5. Why is Minerva black and blue?
(a) Her children beat her.
(b) She is sick with cancer.
(c) She is very clumsy.
(d) Her husband beats her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn’t Rafaela leave her apartment?
2. How has Esperanza “begun her own quiet war”?
3. What does Sally’s husband do for a living?
4. Who tells Esperanza, “I could have been somebody”?
5. Which adult likes to play with children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it mean that both Esperanza is getting noticed by boys, and that she notices them watching her?
2. Why isn’t Rafaela allowed to leave her apartment?
3. Why does Esperanza’s father call Sire a punk?
4. Why does Esperanza believe Mamacita is sad?
5. How does Esperanza’s perspective affect the information readers are given in this chapter?
6. Who is Geraldo?
7. What is Sally’s relationship like with her parents?
8. Why can’t Esperanza, her mother, and other neighbors and kids agree on what Earl’s “wife” looks like?
9. How are Esperanza and Minerva similar?
10. How has Esperanza begun her “own quiet war”?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)