|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nana's legal first name?
2. What does Nana hope her modification of the geodesic dome will achieve?
(a) It will remind others about the relationship between animals and humans.
(b) It will remind others about the relationship between plants and animals.
(c) It will remind others about the relationship between God and the universe.
(d) It will remind others about the relationship between humans and Earth.
3. For what purpose do the Whitcombs arrive at Sebastian and Nana's house the first time they come?
(a) As part of a cleaning crew.
(b) To take photographs for the local newspaper.
(c) As tourists.
(d) To sell homeowners' insurance.
4. What does Sebastian uncover about Sid Vicious's amplifier in his research about the punk rock icon?
(a) It had a 500-watt power source.
(b) It was rarely plugged in.
(c) It caught fire.
(d) It was vintage circa 1932.
5. What reason does Nana cite for the need to get more money coming into the household?
(a) Nana's social security payments will soon be cut off.
(b) The heating bill is going up.
(c) Sebastian will soon need money for a new soccer uniform.
(d) The water bill is going up.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first time Sebastian hears punk rock music, what simile does he use to describe the sound inside his head?
2. Jared tells Sebastian that if he says no to joining the band, he should not plan on doing what?
3. What denomination is the church to which the Whitcomb family belongs?
4. In what town do Sebastian and Nana live?
5. In Buckminster Fuller's most famous quote about religion, what had he said about God?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Sebastian's first experience in a record store?
2. How does Janice's invitation to stay for lunch serve as a major turning point in Sebastian's life?
3. What is the significance of the framed photographs of the dome that Nana and Sebastian sell in their gift shop?
4. What is the significance of Buckminster Fuller's suicide attempt?
5. What is the first question Jared asks Sebastian after he is told that Sebastian may sound funny to others since he hardly ever leaves the dome?
6. How do Nana's first comments to Sebastian in the hospital foreshadow coming events?
7. What element of the pictures he finds of Sid Vicious does Sebastian find inspirational and encouraging?
8. What is the significance of Sebastian's secret password for the computer in the dome?
9. What is the significance of Sebastian's online search for information about Sid Vicious?
10. What comments of Sebastian's upon his first visit to Jared's house infuriate Jared and cause him to lash out at Sebastian?
This section contains 1,230 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)