|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What band's first album does Jared play for Sebastian just after he warns him to prepare for "having his shit rocked"? (21)
(a) The Sex Pistols.
(b) The Misfits.
(c) The Clash.
(d) The Cramps.
2. What phrase is scratched into the wood of Jared's bedroom door?
(a) Rise Above.
(b) London Calling.
(c) The Cramps Rule.
(d) Never Mind the Bollocks.
3. For what purpose does Nana first ask Sebastian to purchase paint in town?
(a) To paint the fence.
(b) To paint the countries of the world on their home.
(c) To change the signs for tourists.
(d) To paint the kitchen cabinets.
4. What is different about Sebastian and Nana's home in relation to the other homes in town?
(a) It is made of metal.
(b) It is a glass dome.
(c) It is ten stories tall.
(d) It is octagonal in shape.
5. For what purpose do the Whitcombs arrive at Sebastian and Nana's house the first time they come?
(a) To sell homeowners' insurance.
(b) As part of a cleaning crew.
(c) As tourists.
(d) To take photographs for the local newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Jared name as the first punk rocker?
2. What is Sebastian's father doing in the only photograph of him that Sebastian has ever seen?
3. Where does Sebastian first stow the bass that he steals from the church?
4. In what town do Sebastian and Nana live?
5. Sebastian says that when he was young, Nana would tell him that they lived inside what kind of object?
Short Essay Questions
1. What character traits of Jared's are displayed during the scene of Nana's stroke before the ambulance arrives?
2. What is the significance of Buckminster Fuller's suicide attempt?
3. Explain the Guiding Principles according to Buckminster Fuller's philosophy of life.
4. What is the significance of Sebastian's first experience in a record store?
5. What is the significance of Sebastian's secret password for the computer in the dome?
6. What does Nana say she discovers during a vision she has while Jared has been secretly visiting Jared for the first time?
7. What is the first question Jared asks Sebastian after he is told that Sebastian may sound funny to others since he hardly ever leaves the dome?
8. What comments of Sebastian's upon his first visit to Jared's house infuriate Jared and cause him to lash out at Sebastian?
9. How do Nana's past predictions about Sebastian's path contrast with her pronouncements about him after her stroke?
10. What reason does Jared give for naming Napoleon as the first punk rocker?
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)