|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what purpose does Sebastian regularly scale his house using suction cups?
(a) To clean off the bird droppings.
(b) To frighten the neighbors.
(c) To look through the telescope on the roof.
(d) To engage in photography.
2. Sebastian tells the reader that when he was five years old, the only way he could fall asleep was if what action was being done?
(a) If he had a picture of his deceased parents near him.
(b) If music was playing.
(c) If Nana's hand was on his back.
(d) If he was bedding down on the back porch.
3. When Nana opens her eyes and speaks to Sebastian just before he leaves the hospital the day of her stroke, what does she say?
(a) "Please be good" (27).
(b) "Praise Bucky" (27).
(c) "Don't ever leave me" (27).
(d) "You are going away" (27).
4. According to Nana, the universe is sending a certain thing to people every day. What does she say the universe is sending?
(b) Puzzles to solve.
(d) Creative inspiration.
5. What question does Sebastian write on his note card during the youth group activity?
(a) Will Nana be okay?
(b) What is my path?
(c) Who am I meant to be?
(d) What type of triangle am I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What fact does Sebastian discover about Buckminster Fuller when he realizes he can see through the portions of the biography that Nana has blacked out?
2. What lie does Sebastian tell Nana when he returns from his first visit to the Whitcombs' house?
3. Nana tells Sebastian that he can be just like Buckminster Fuller and can help people become what adjective?
4. What does the strong vinegary odor in Jared's room turn out to be?
5. What does Nana hope her modification of the geodesic dome will achieve?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Janice's invitation to stay for lunch serve as a major turning point in Sebastian's life?
2. What is the significance of the scene in which Jared shows his scar?
3. What is the significance of the framed photographs of the dome that Nana and Sebastian sell in their gift shop?
4. What aspect of the distraction Jared decides to provide while Sebastian steals the bass is so cruel to Janice and why?
5. What character traits of Jared's are displayed during the scene of Nana's stroke before the ambulance arrives?
6. What does Sebastian notice about Nana's clothing just before her stroke?
7. How do Nana's first comments to Sebastian in the hospital foreshadow coming events?
8. What is the significance of Sebastian's comments about the South Pole?
9. How do Nana's past predictions about Sebastian's path contrast with her pronouncements about him after her stroke?
10. What does Nana say she discovers during a vision she has while Jared has been secretly visiting Jared for the first time?
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)