|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What technique within Buckminster Fuller's philosophy does Sebastian apply to the band's songwriting?
2. During the time Sebastian works on the Geoscope with Nana during the day, what does he do at night?
(a) Practices the bass.
(b) Conducts web searches about punk music.
(c) Searches for pictures of his parents.
(d) Dreams about Meredith.
3. What does Sebastian say about how Meredith's hand feels when he takes it on their walk home from hanging the first round of posters?
(b) Ice cold.
4. When Sebastian emerges from the dome after checking on Nana, what does Jared ask him if Nana is still doing?
(d) Holding a grudge.
5. In order to get Janice off her case, what does Meredith say she has been staying up late doing?
(a) Thinking about her dad.
(c) Applying for college.
(d) Studying for a biology test.
6. With whom is Janice talking on the phone when Sebastian arrives home from hanging posters with Meredith?
(d) Mr. Whitcomb.
7. After Jared announces that The Rash have band tee shirts and a gig, what does he say is the only thing they still need?
(a) A drummer.
8. What is the name of the newspaper that runs a less than flattering story about the geodesic dome?
(a) North Branch Herald.
(b) North Branch Courier.
(c) North Branch Gazette.
(d) North Branch Tribune.
9. What band does Jared say he and Sebastian sound "kind of like" (148) when they play their first notes together during practice?
(a) The Damned.
(b) Gang of Four.
(c) The Cramps.
(d) The Misfits.
10. What has Nana been drinking when Sebastian returns from the Whitcombs' house and finds her on the front lawn?
(a) Ice wine.
(c) Cherry cordial.
11. What two qualities does Sebastian pronounce as making for a good song topic?
(a) Mean and aggressive.
(b) Small and precise.
(c) Large and noisy.
(d) Poignant and fearless.
12. What event at Jared's house does Sebastian say stops time for him entirely?
(a) Janice entering the room.
(b) Feedback from their instruments.
(c) Nana calling on the phone.
(d) Meredith entering the room.
13. How many inches off the ground is the balance beam used for the youth group's trust exercise?
14. What does Jared discover he has forgotten when he and Sebastian arrive back at his house after their nighttime ride to go check on Nana?
(a) His pills.
(b) His keys.
(c) His guitar.
(d) His mask.
15. Why does Sebastian refrain from putting the needle onto the record after he leaves Meredith's bed?
(a) Meredith tells him not to.
(b) He is afraid to damage the needle.
(c) It does not seem right without Jared there.
(d) He does not know how.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many hours does Sebastian sleep after he gets kicked out of Nana's house and passes out in Janice's van?
2. What is the only item Sebastian finds he can afford at the cafe he wanders into after Nana kicks him out of the house?
3. What color does Sebastian try to keep in his mind as he tries to telepathically connect with Nana?
4. On the back of the tee shirts that Jared makes for the band members, what is the stick figure wearing?
5. What does Janice instruct Meredith and Sebastian to eat for dinner when she drops them off at the Whitcombs' before going back to the hospital to stay with Jared?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)