|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first time Sebastian hears punk rock music, what simile does he use to describe the sound inside his head?
(a) Like a chainsaw.
(b) Like a can opener.
(c) Like a mushroom cloud.
(d) Like a bomb.
2. What does Nana hope her modification of the geodesic dome will achieve?
(a) It will remind others about the relationship between animals and humans.
(b) It will remind others about the relationship between God and the universe.
(c) It will remind others about the relationship between plants and animals.
(d) It will remind others about the relationship between humans and Earth.
3. What is the name of the first record store that Sebastian ever visits in his life?
(a) Rock 'n Troll.
(b) It's Only a Record Store but I Like It.
(c) The Record Collector.
(d) Everyday Tunes.
4. What kind of plan does Sebastian tell Jared he has when he sends an email accepting Jared's offer to a position in Jared's band?
5. What reason does Nana cite for the need to get more money coming into the household?
(a) Sebastian will soon need money for a new soccer uniform.
(b) The water bill is going up.
(c) Nana's social security payments will soon be cut off.
(d) The heating bill is going up.
6. Whom does Jared name as the first punk rocker?
(a) Louis XIV.
(b) General Patton.
(c) Marie Antoinette.
7. What is Sebastian's father doing in the only photograph of him that Sebastian has ever seen?
(a) Lying in bed.
(b) Spring peanut butter on bread.
(c) Doing a somersault.
(d) Playing tennis.
8. Where does Sebastian first stow the bass that he steals from the church?
(a) In his bedroom closet.
(b) In Jared's attic.
(c) In the abandoned van at the end of his road.
(d) In the shed behind the dome.
9. What does Sebastian uncover about Sid Vicious's amplifier in his research about the punk rock icon?
(a) It was rarely plugged in.
(b) It had a 500-watt power source.
(c) It was vintage circa 1932.
(d) It caught fire.
10. In what town do Sebastian and Nana live?
(a) East Branch.
(b) West Branch.
(c) South Branch.
(d) North Branch.
11. When Nana finally explains the reason why she believes they cannot stay open for tourists after her stroke, what does she say is the reason?
(a) Sebestian does not have the necessary aptitude for teaching.
(b) She is moving to Chile.
(c) The heating bill has risen too high.
(d) The city has revoked their permits to operate a business.
12. What does Sebestian tell the record store clerk that convinces the clerk to sell Sebastian a CD normally restricted from purchase by minors?
(a) His grandmother just had a stroke.
(b) He is an orphan.
(c) He lives in the dome on the hill.
(d) It is the first CD he has ever bought.
13. Jared tells Sebastian that if he says no to joining the band, he should not plan on doing what?
(a) Ever coming home.
(b) Being Jared's friend.
(c) Making a hit record.
(d) Getting paid back.
14. For what sole purpose does Nana keep an active phone line in the house?
(a) For the comforting sound of its infrequent rings.
(b) In case of calls from prospective tourists.
(c) For medical emergencies.
(d) To call out for pizza.
15. What does the strong vinegary odor in Jared's room turn out to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sebastian calls Jared for the first time and Jared asks why he has called, what does Sebastian reveal to the reader that he then has the urge to do?
2. For what purpose does Sebastian regularly scale his house using suction cups?
3. When Sebastian first decides to disobey Nana by learning about punk rock music online, what subject does he continue to study across the room between web searches?
4. One of Buckminster Fuller's guiding principles by which Sebastian and Nana live says, "Every day I will give myself wholly to" (7) what?
5. One of Buckminster Fuller's guiding principles says, "I will forge my journey" in a particular way "to keep accepting and totally boneheaded notions from blinding me to truth" (7). What is that the particular way the principle says one's journey should be forged?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)