|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sebastian say to the Whitcombs just after he tells them his name?
(a) We don't want any.
(b) Welcome to the future.
(c) The hose is in the backyard.
(d) Do we get to choose how we pose?
2. One of Buckminster Fuller's guiding principles says, "I will forge my journey" in a particular way "to keep accepting and totally boneheaded notions from blinding me to truth" (7). What is that the particular way the principle says one's journey should be forged?
(a) With others.
(d) Without pause.
3. When Nana finally explains the reason why she believes they cannot stay open for tourists after her stroke, what does she say is the reason?
(a) The heating bill has risen too high.
(b) The city has revoked their permits to operate a business.
(c) Sebestian does not have the necessary aptitude for teaching.
(d) She is moving to Chile.
4. What object is present in the framed photographs of Nana and Sebastian's house that Sebastian says no one ever notices unless he points it out?
(a) An American flag.
(b) A sock.
(c) A bird.
(d) A trash can.
5. According to Nana, the universe is sending a certain thing to people every day. What does she say the universe is sending?
(b) Creative inspiration.
(c) Puzzles to solve.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nana has a stroke, how long does Sebastian tell the reader it takes the ambulance to arrive after Janice Whitcomb calls 911?
2. What type of shape composes Sebastian and Nana's geodesic dome?
3. In what state do Nana and Sebastian live?
4. What item does Nana name as Sebastian's sales quota for the day the Whitcombs arrive?
5. When Nana is allowed to go home after three days in the hospital, what are her first words to Sebastian after she calls his name in the night?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)