|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maule defy tradition when he comes to the House?
(a) He insists on entering through the front door.
(b) He arrives without an invitation.
(c) He kisses Mrs. Pyncheon on the cheek.
(d) He asks to be fed while he is there.
2. How is young Maule related to old Matthew Maule?
(a) He is his nephew.
(b) He is his son.
(c) He is his cousin.
(d) He is his grandson.
3. With her new free time, Phoebe is spending more time with whom?
(a) Uncle Venner.
(c) The Judge.
(d) Ned Higgins.
4. Which statement best describes the initial relationship between Hepzibah and Clifford?
(a) They attempt to bond without luck.
(b) They try to make up for lost time.
(c) They quietly distrust each other.
(d) They want nothing to do with each other.
5. How is Gervais Pyncheon related to Colonel Pyncheon?
(a) He is his son.
(b) He is his cousin.
(c) He is his grandson.
(d) He is his nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phoebe find in the garden?
2. What does Hepzibah do while Clifford talks to the Judge?
3. Which statement best describes how the relationship between Hepzibah and Phoebe unfolds?
4. What does Phoebe discover Hepzibah doing one morning?
5. What development gives Phoebe more free time?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)