|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clifford begin doing after Phoebe leaves?
(a) Researching who really killed his uncle.
(b) Playing Alice’s harpsichord.
(c) Looking for the lost deed.
(d) Running for political office.
2. What does Phoebe name the rooster?
3. Whom does Phoebe meet in the garden?
(a) Uncle Venner.
(b) Judge Pyncheon.
(c) Ned Higgins.
4. Why is Holgrave at the house at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Hepzibah has hired him.
(b) He wants to buy something.
(c) He is making a delivery.
(d) He rents a room there.
5. What does Ned Higgins want to buy?
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A pound of meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holgrave consider oppressive?
2. How is Gervais Pyncheon related to Colonel Pyncheon?
3. Who comes to the shop window after Phoebe has visited the garden the first time?
4. What did the Pyncheons lose that cost them a vast fortune?
5. What story does the Judge tell Phoebe?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)