|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What threat does the Judge make?
(a) He could take possession of the house.
(b) He could send Clifford back to prison.
(c) He could force her to close down her shop.
(d) He could withhold any more financial help.
2. What is unusual about the harpsichord at the House?
(a) It is the first one ever built.
(b) It is said to occasionally play itself.
(c) It originally belonged to a famous composer.
(d) Colonel Pyncheon died while playing it.
3. Whom does the Judge remind Phoebe of?
(a) Mr. Holgrave.
(b) Her father.
(c) Matthew Maule.
(d) Colonel Pyncheon.
4. Who is Gervais Pyncheon?
(a) A previous master of the house.
(b) An outcast from the Pyncheon family.
(c) A distant relation of the original Pyncheons.
(d) Clifford’s great uncle.
5. How does Clifford react to Hepzibah’s welcome?
(a) He fears it is a dream.
(b) He acts as if he is entitled to it.
(c) He seems completely indifferent.
(d) He is shocked and surprised.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which best describes Phoebe’s last conversation with Holgrave?
2. What initial impression does Phoebe have of the Judge?
3. How does Hepzibah feel after her first day running the shop?
4. Who originally owned the land the House stands on?
5. What does the Judge repeatedly try to prevent Phoebe from doing?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)