1. What street is the House of Seven Gables on?
(a) Pyncheon Street.
(b) Hawthorne Boulevard.
(c) Salem Street.
(d) Maule Avenue.
2. What is just outside the House?
(a) An old elm tree.
(b) A duck pond.
(c) A sign advertising the shop.
(d) A streetlamp.
3. What is on the roof of the House?
(a) A bed of posies.
(b) A vegetable garden.
(c) A chicken coop.
(d) A sun deck.
4. Who originally owned the land the House stands on?
(a) Matthew Maule.
(b) Colonel Pyncheon.
(d) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
5. How is the story of the land dispute known?
(a) By town records.
(b) By local newspapers.
(c) By word of mouth.
(d) By Pyncheon’s autobiography.
6. What was Matthew Maule accused of?
7. How did Matthew Maule die?
(a) He was hanged.
(b) He caught smallpox.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He was drowned.
8. What did Maule do just before his death?
(a) He hypnotized his daughter.
(b) He spat up blood.
(c) He poisoned his well.
(d) He cursed the Pyncheon family.
This section contains 5,319 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)