|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Consuela give Matt when she first meets him?
2. What does Matt store as he drifts among the groups in the border patrol?
3. Why is Chacho so weak when he gets out of the bone pit?
4. Where is the hospital Chacho is taken to?
5. What gives Matt an asthma attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Matt notice about the nightly attacks on his character?
2. What surprising information about Maria does Matt learn while reading A History of Opium?
3. Why does Matt stop himself from running away to the mountains after his coming of age party?
4. How does Matt feel now that he is with the border patrol?
5. How was Fidelito able to get away from the Keepers?
6. What does Matt say about the talk with the 5 legged horse?
7. What causes Matt to finally admit something wrong about himself to Jorge?
8. Why does Matt stay hidden after the wedding?
9. Why do the Keepers call Matt an aristocrat?
10. What is the talk with the 5 legged horse about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear and Courage are two themes that seem to appear in tandem many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and why do they always appear together?
Essay Topic 2
How does Fidelito prove his loyalty, and why is this loyalty so shocking to Matt and the other Lost Boys?
Essay Topic 3
Matt endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does Matt learn through these experiences?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)