|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Celia been giving Matt?
2. Why is Chacho so weak when he gets out of the bone pit?
3. What does Matt know he has to hide from everyone in Aztlan?
4. Who does Mr. Alacran ask to destroy Matt?
5. What makes it hard for Matt to focus while Jorge is speaking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Matt say is the biggest difference between humans and animals?
2. What does Matt say about the talk with the 5 legged horse?
3. How does Matt say Maria could get out of her arranged marriage?
4. What happened to Ton Ton's parents?
5. What does Matt notice about the nightly attacks on his character?
6. Why is El Patron not able to use Matt's heart?
7. Why is Matt so sure that El Patron will never use him for spare parts like other clones are?
8. How does Matt get across the border?
9. What causes Matt to finally admit something wrong about himself to Jorge?
10. What does Tam Lin say is unique and dangerous about the secret passage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens at El Patron's wake, and what does this strange event symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
How is Maria different from her siblings, and how do these differences affect the tone and progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)