|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Consuela and Guapo related?
2. What does Matt store as he drifts among the groups in the border patrol?
3. Who does Steven marry?
4. What privilege is Ton Ton given?
5. What devastates Matt when Tam Lin says goodbye?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Celia after El Patron's death?
2. Why does Matt not run away when he hears the shrimp harvester coming?
3. How does Matt say Maria could get out of her arranged marriage?
4. What causes Matt to finally admit something wrong about himself to Jorge?
5. What does Matt say about the talk with the 5 legged horse?
6. What does Matt notice about the nightly attacks on his character?
7. How does Tam Lin try to protect Matt after the wedding?
8. How does Matt get across the border?
9. What does Tam Lin say is unique and dangerous about the secret passage?
10. Why is El Patron not able to use Matt's heart?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is one of the analogies used by the Keepers, and how is it accepted by the Lost Boys? Why do you think the Keepers use these analogies to teach the Lost Boys?
Essay Topic 2
Leadership is a very prominent theme in this book. Who are some of the main leaders in "The House of the Scorpion", and what makes them the true leaders? Is there more than one protagonist?
Essay Topic 3
How does Fidelito prove his loyalty, and why is this loyalty so shocking to Matt and the other Lost Boys?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)