|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carlos say he got privileges?
2. What does Fidelito say is unfair about the border patrol jobs?
3. What is Matt given as he is sent to San Luis?
4. Where does Matt hide to watch the wedding guests arrive?
5. Why does El Patron say it is just for him to survive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Matt so sure that El Patron will never use him for spare parts like other clones are?
2. What does Matt say about the talk with the 5 legged horse?
3. Why does Matt stay hidden after the wedding?
4. How was Fidelito able to get away from the Keepers?
5. How does Matt say Maria could get out of her arranged marriage?
6. What is the talk with the 5 legged horse about?
7. What does Matt notice about the nightly attacks on his character?
8. What happens to Celia after El Patron's death?
9. Why do the Keepers call Matt an aristocrat?
10. What surprising information about Maria does Matt learn while reading A History of Opium?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
How do Tam Lin and Celia change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes? Who undergoes the most emotional growth?
Essay Topic 3
How is Maria different from her siblings, and how do these differences affect the tone and progression of the plot?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)