|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria tell Matt about when she first sees him before the wedding?
2. How does Carlos punish Chacho?
3. What does Raul's talk about individualism promote?
4. What is wrong with Matt's first breakfast from the border patrol?
5. What is Matt given as he is sent to San Luis?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tam Lin try to protect Matt after the wedding?
2. Why does Matt strike up a friendship with Chacho and Fidelito?
3. How does Tam Lin act at Matt's coming of age party?
4. How does Matt feel now that he is with the border patrol?
5. What is Fidelito doing in the cemetery when Matt finds him?
6. Why does Matt stop himself from running away to the mountains after his coming of age party?
7. What causes a revolt of the boys on Jorge?
8. What does Matt say is the biggest difference between humans and animals?
9. What is the talk with the 5 legged horse about?
10. How was Fidelito able to get away from the Keepers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Robert Jordan have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)