|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flaco do while Matt attacks Jorge?
2. What is Matt supposed to do on his way to San Luis?
3. Where did Matt get the idea for the advice he gives El Patron when he is sick?
4. What does Raul compare individualism to?
5. What ruined Fidelito's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Matt say about the talk with the 5 legged horse?
2. How does Tam Lin act at Matt's coming of age party?
3. How does Matt get across the border?
4. What does Matt notice about the nightly attacks on his character?
5. What happened to Ton Ton's parents?
6. Why does Matt not run away when he hears the shrimp harvester coming?
7. Why does Matt stop himself from running away to the mountains after his coming of age party?
8. How was Fidelito able to get away from the Keepers?
9. Why do the Keepers call Matt an aristocrat?
10. How does Matt feel now that he is with the border patrol?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Fidelito prove his loyalty, and why is this loyalty so shocking to Matt and the other Lost Boys?
Essay Topic 2
What goals does Matt make at the end of the book, and how does he decide upon these goals?
Essay Topic 3
What is one of the analogies used by the Keepers, and how is it accepted by the Lost Boys? Why do you think the Keepers use these analogies to teach the Lost Boys?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)