|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tanks is Matt put in charge of when he gets to San Luis?
2. How does Matt know something is wrong with El Patron after his surgery?
3. Where did Matt get the idea for the advice he gives El Patron when he is sick?
4. What is Matt supposed to do on his way to San Luis?
5. How does Matt feel while he is in the hospital?
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Chacho was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Chacho had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)