|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matt know he has to hide from everyone in Aztlan?
2. What does the border patrol treat Matt like?
3. Why is Chacho so weak when he gets out of the bone pit?
4. How does Matt know something is wrong with El Patron after his surgery?
5. Why does Matt continue on foot once Ton Ton's vehicle dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Matt strike up a friendship with Chacho and Fidelito?
2. What surprising information about Maria does Matt learn while reading A History of Opium?
3. How was Fidelito able to get away from the Keepers?
4. Why is Matt so sure that El Patron will never use him for spare parts like other clones are?
5. How does Matt feel now that he is with the border patrol?
6. Why do the Keepers call Matt an aristocrat?
7. What does Matt notice about the nightly attacks on his character?
8. What happened to Ton Ton's parents?
9. What does Matt say about the talk with the 5 legged horse?
10. How does Matt say Maria could get out of her arranged marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Maria different from her siblings, and how do these differences affect the tone and progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear and Courage are two themes that seem to appear in tandem many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and why do they always appear together?
Essay Topic 3
Nancy Farmer has created some different kinds of humans in this book. What are some of these altered human forms, and how does their inclusion in this book shape the plot and the setting of the book?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)