|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Fidelito do to keep the Keepers away from Matt?
2. What does Raul compare individualism to?
3. Why does Matt tell the border patrol he wants to go somewhere specific?
4. Where did Matt get his ideas about slow people?
5. Where does Matt stay during the wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Ton Ton's parents?
2. What causes Matt to collapse on the way to San Luis?
3. Why do the Keepers call Matt an aristocrat?
4. Why does Matt not run away when he hears the shrimp harvester coming?
5. How does Matt feel now that he is with the border patrol?
6. What does Tam Lin say is unique and dangerous about the secret passage?
7. What is Fidelito doing in the cemetery when Matt finds him?
8. What causes Matt to finally admit something wrong about himself to Jorge?
9. How does Tam Lin act at Matt's coming of age party?
10. How was Fidelito able to get away from the Keepers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
How does Fidelito prove his loyalty, and why is this loyalty so shocking to Matt and the other Lost Boys?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)