|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the ride to San Luis very stinky?
2. What does El Patron say his clones always forget?
3. How does Matt know something is wrong with El Patron after his surgery?
4. Who does Tam Lin say showed him the light?
5. What is given to Chacho when he gets out of the bone pit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is El Patron not able to use Matt's heart?
2. How does Tam Lin try to protect Matt after the wedding?
3. How does Matt feel now that he is with the border patrol?
4. Why does Matt not run away when he hears the shrimp harvester coming?
5. What does Matt say about the talk with the 5 legged horse?
6. Why does Matt strike up a friendship with Chacho and Fidelito?
7. What causes Matt to finally admit something wrong about himself to Jorge?
8. Why does Matt stop himself from running away to the mountains after his coming of age party?
9. When does Matt's tattoo get seen at the factory?
10. What causes Matt to collapse on the way to San Luis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens at El Patron's wake, and what does this strange event symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
Nancy Farmer has created some different kinds of humans in this book. What are some of these altered human forms, and how does their inclusion in this book shape the plot and the setting of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Fear and Courage are two themes that seem to appear in tandem many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and why do they always appear together?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)