|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ton Ton given a special privilege?
2. Why is Chacho so weak when he gets out of the bone pit?
3. What does Maria tell Matt about when she first sees him before the wedding?
4. What makes it hard for Matt to focus while Jorge is speaking?
5. Who tells Matt he was harvested from a cow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Matt stay hidden after the wedding?
2. Why does Matt not run away when he hears the shrimp harvester coming?
3. What causes Matt to collapse on the way to San Luis?
4. How does Tam Lin act at Matt's coming of age party?
5. What does Matt say about the talk with the 5 legged horse?
6. How was Fidelito able to get away from the Keepers?
7. How does Matt say Maria could get out of her arranged marriage?
8. Why do the Keepers call Matt an aristocrat?
9. How does Tam Lin try to protect Matt after the wedding?
10. What happens to Celia after El Patron's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Nancy Farmer has created some different kinds of humans in this book. What are some of these altered human forms, and how does their inclusion in this book shape the plot and the setting of the book?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)