|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Celia been giving Matt?
2. What do the Keepers take every night?
3. Who does Tam Lin say showed him the light?
4. What is wrong with Matt's first breakfast from the border patrol?
5. Who is Maria arranged to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Matt stop himself from running away to the mountains after his coming of age party?
2. What does Matt say about the talk with the 5 legged horse?
3. Why does Matt not run away when he hears the shrimp harvester coming?
4. What is Fidelito doing in the cemetery when Matt finds him?
5. How does Tam Lin tell Matt to escape?
6. How does Jorge say Matt should clean his mind?
7. Why do the Keepers call Matt an aristocrat?
8. What does Matt notice about the nightly attacks on his character?
9. What does Matt say is the biggest difference between humans and animals?
10. How does Matt say Maria could get out of her arranged marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
How do Tam Lin and Celia change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes? Who undergoes the most emotional growth?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)