|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matt tell Maria about while he eats his food?
2. What does Rosa tell Matt not to do as she leads him across the courtyard?
3. What does Matt do to Tom's place card at the birthday party?
4. Where is Celia from?
5. What is inside what Tam Lin left at the oasis for Matt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rosa do while she helps Matt when he is injured at the beginning of the book?
2. What did the coyote do to Celia?
3. How did Furball really die?
4. Why does Matt want to learn more about the opium empire?
5. Why doesn't Matt try to make up with Maria right after the birthday party?
6. What is Eduardo's job?
7. How does Matt find the secret passage?
8. What does Steven tell his siblings about Matt?
9. Who promises to save Matt from the Big House, and how does Matt respond to this?
10. How does Rosa treat Matt once the doctor leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is one of the analogies used by the Keepers, and how is it accepted by the Lost Boys? Why do you think the Keepers use these analogies to teach the Lost Boys?
Essay Topic 2
Chacho was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Chacho had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)