|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tam Lin's job?
2. Why is a real teacher not hired for Matt?
3. What does Eduardo try to use to blunt the intelligence of the specimen at the beginning of the book?
4. What injury does Matt sustain when he gets out of his house for the first time?
5. Who gets mad at Maria for sleeping with Matt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Matt get injured at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Celia tell Matt about the children at the Big House?
3. What does Tom show Matt and Maria at the hospital?
4. Why was Maria able to forgive Matt after the birthday party?
5. What happens when Matt tries to meet Maria in the Lotus Garden?
6. What does Tam Lin praise Matt's teacher for?
7. What is Mrs. Ortega hired to do?
8. How does Matt find the secret passage?
9. Where is Furball found when he goes missing before El Patron's birthday?
10. How did Furball really die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Tam Lin and Celia change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes? Who undergoes the most emotional growth?
Essay Topic 2
Nancy Farmer has created some different kinds of humans in this book. What are some of these altered human forms, and how does their inclusion in this book shape the plot and the setting of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)