|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings did El Patron have?
2. What makes Maria mad when she first sees Matt?
3. What is inside what Tam Lin left at the oasis for Matt?
4. What does a coyote man do?
5. What is Maria's gift to Matt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Furball really die?
2. Why doesn't Matt try to make up with Maria right after the birthday party?
3. Why does Matt sometimes fake his cough?
4. What does Rosa do while she helps Matt when he is injured at the beginning of the book?
5. What does El Patron tell Matt when they first meet?
6. What does Matt do when Tom comes to taunt him after his first time in the Big House?
7. Why did El Patron decide to keep Celia?
8. Why does Matt like to hide from Felicia?
9. How does Matt get injured at the beginning of the book?
10. Why atrocity lies in Tam Lin's past?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Fidelito prove his loyalty, and why is this loyalty so shocking to Matt and the other Lost Boys?
Essay Topic 2
Competition and Fair-Play are themes found in many different scenes of this book. What are some of those scenes, and what affect did they have on the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)