|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Felicia tell Matt to meet Maria after the party?
2. Who makes Matt talk again?
3. Why is Eduardo told not to blunt the intelligence of the specimen?
4. What is Eduardo worried about at the beginning of the book?
5. Who is forbidden from seeing Matt while he is operated on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the coyote do to Celia?
2. Why does Matt not run away when he hears the shrimp harvester coming?
3. What is the talk with the 5 legged horse about?
4. How does Tam Lin act at Matt's coming of age party?
5. What happened to Ton Ton's parents?
6. Why has there been no word from Opium since El Patron died?
7. Why does Matt stay hidden after the wedding?
8. How does Jorge say Matt should clean his mind?
9. How does Matt feel now that he is with the border patrol?
10. What is Mrs. Ortega hired to do?
Essay Topic 1
How do Tam Lin and Celia change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes? Who undergoes the most emotional growth?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)