|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is a real teacher not hired for Matt?
2. Who gets mad at Maria for sleeping with Matt?
3. How does El Patron rate how much people love him?
4. Where is Celia's new apartment?
5. How does Matt plan to make Maria talk to him after their experience at the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Steven tell his siblings about Matt?
2. What is Eduardo's job?
3. What did the coyote do to Celia?
4. What does Tom show Matt and Maria at the hospital?
5. Why did El Patron decide to keep Celia?
6. What does Matt do when Tom comes to taunt him after his first time in the Big House?
7. What does Felicia do to get Matt to meet with Maria after the birthday party?
8. What does El Patron tell Matt when they first meet?
9. What happens when Matt tries to meet Maria in the Lotus Garden?
10. Why does Matt sometimes fake his cough?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Fear and Courage are two themes that seem to appear in tandem many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and why do they always appear together?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)