|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tam Lin celebrate that Matt is talking again?
2. What does Matt compare himself to as a clone?
3. What is Tam Lin's job?
4. Why is a real teacher not hired for Matt?
5. Who reports how Matt has been kept?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Furball really die?
2. How does Rosa treat Matt once the doctor leaves?
3. What does Felicia do to get Matt to meet with Maria after the birthday party?
4. What does Tam Lin praise Matt's teacher for?
5. Why atrocity lies in Tam Lin's past?
6. What does El Patron tell Matt when they first meet?
7. Why was Maria able to forgive Matt after the birthday party?
8. Why does Celia choose to tell Matt about her past?
9. Why doesn't Matt try to make up with Maria right after the birthday party?
10. What did the coyote do to Celia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are so many people unable to accept Matt, and what does this indicate about the society this book takes place in?
Essay Topic 2
Fear and Courage are two themes that seem to appear in tandem many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and why do they always appear together?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)