|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matt force Maria to do at the birthday party?
2. How does Matt get out of his house for the first time?
3. What does Steven say Matt is?
4. Who demands that Matt be at El Viejo's funeral?
5. Who gives a birthday gift to Matt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why atrocity lies in Tam Lin's past?
2. How did Furball really die?
3. How does Matt get injured at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Matt do before Maria leaves for school, and why?
5. Why did El Patron decide to keep Celia?
6. Why does Celia choose to tell Matt about her past?
7. What does Steven tell his siblings about Matt?
8. What does Rosa do while she helps Matt when he is injured at the beginning of the book?
9. Why doesn't Matt try to make up with Maria right after the birthday party?
10. What does Felicia do to get Matt to meet with Maria after the birthday party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Matt endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does Matt learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Robert Jordan have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
How does Fidelito prove his loyalty, and why is this loyalty so shocking to Matt and the other Lost Boys?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)