|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Matt to go to the oasis alone?
2. What does Tam Lin leave at the oasis for Matt?
3. Where is the oasis?
4. Who makes Matt talk again?
5. Why can't Matt go away to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Maria able to forgive Matt after the birthday party?
2. Why doesn't Matt try to make up with Maria right after the birthday party?
3. How does Rosa treat Matt once the doctor leaves?
4. How did Furball really die?
5. Why does Matt want to learn more about the opium empire?
6. What did the coyote do to Celia?
7. What is Mrs. Ortega hired to do?
8. What does Matt do before Maria leaves for school, and why?
9. What does Matt do when Tom comes to taunt him after his first time in the Big House?
10. How does Matt get injured at the beginning of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is one of the analogies used by the Keepers, and how is it accepted by the Lost Boys? Why do you think the Keepers use these analogies to teach the Lost Boys?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)