|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tam Lin like to teach Matt about?
2. What is inside what Tam Lin left at the oasis for Matt?
3. What does Matt force Maria to do at the birthday party?
4. What does Rosa threaten to do to Matt as she leads him across the courtyard?
5. Who makes Matt talk again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Eduardo's job?
2. How did Furball really die?
3. What did the coyote do to Celia?
4. What does Maria give Matt for El Patron's birthday?
5. What does El Patron tell Matt when they first meet?
6. What happens when Matt tries to meet Maria in the Lotus Garden?
7. Why was Maria able to forgive Matt after the birthday party?
8. What does Steven tell his siblings about Matt?
9. Why does Matt like to hide from Felicia?
10. What does Rosa do while she helps Matt when he is injured at the beginning of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Tam Lin and Celia change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes? Who undergoes the most emotional growth?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)