|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matt learn from?
2. Why does Steven say Matt is different from others of his kind?
3. What does Matt compare himself to as a clone?
4. Where is Celia's new apartment?
5. Who reports how Matt has been kept?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does El Patron tell Matt when they first meet?
2. Why does Celia choose to tell Matt about her past?
3. How does Matt get injured at the beginning of the book?
4. Why was Maria able to forgive Matt after the birthday party?
5. What is Mrs. Ortega hired to do?
6. Why does Matt sometimes fake his cough?
7. What happens when Matt tries to meet Maria in the Lotus Garden?
8. What does Tam Lin praise Matt's teacher for?
9. Why doesn't Matt try to make up with Maria right after the birthday party?
10. Why does Matt want to learn more about the opium empire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Nancy Farmer has created some different kinds of humans in this book. What are some of these altered human forms, and how does their inclusion in this book shape the plot and the setting of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)