|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matt do to Tom's place card at the birthday party?
2. What is Tam Lin's job?
3. Why does Tam Lin say he left Matt something at the oasis?
4. What does Rosa get mad at Matt for?
5. Who gives a birthday gift to Matt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maria give Matt for El Patron's birthday?
2. Where is Furball found when he goes missing before El Patron's birthday?
3. What did the coyote do to Celia?
4. Why does Matt sometimes fake his cough?
5. What does Matt do before Maria leaves for school, and why?
6. How does Matt find the secret passage?
7. What is Eduardo's job?
8. Why did El Patron decide to keep Celia?
9. How does Matt get injured at the beginning of the book?
10. What does Tom show Matt and Maria at the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Matt endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does Matt learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)