|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings did El Patron have?
2. Why can't Matt go away to school?
3. What does a coyote man do?
4. Who makes Matt talk again?
5. Why is a real teacher not hired for Matt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the coyote do to Celia?
2. Why did El Patron decide to keep Celia?
3. What does El Patron tell Matt when they first meet?
4. What does Matt do before Maria leaves for school, and why?
5. What does Matt do when Tom comes to taunt him after his first time in the Big House?
6. Why was Maria able to forgive Matt after the birthday party?
7. What does Celia tell Matt about the children at the Big House?
8. How does Rosa treat Matt once the doctor leaves?
9. What does Felicia do to get Matt to meet with Maria after the birthday party?
10. What happens when Matt tries to meet Maria in the Lotus Garden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Matt endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does Matt learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
How does Fidelito prove his loyalty, and why is this loyalty so shocking to Matt and the other Lost Boys?
Essay Topic 3
Nancy Farmer has created some different kinds of humans in this book. What are some of these altered human forms, and how does their inclusion in this book shape the plot and the setting of the book?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)