|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Consuela and Guapo related?
(a) They are aunt and nephew.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) They are married.
2. What does Raul compare individualism to?
(a) A pig with fangs.
(b) A fish with wings.
(c) A small spider with a secret.
(d) A 5 legged horse.
3. What is Matt given as he is sent to San Luis?
(a) Pill materials.
(d) Plastic strips.
4. Why does Mr. Alacran order Matt to be destroyed?
(a) He killed El Patron.
(b) He has no purpose.
(c) He has no soul.
(d) It is ordered in El Patron's will.
5. Why does Matt continue on foot once Ton Ton's vehicle dies?
(a) He is worried that Maria will not be in school anymore.
(b) He is worried about night predators.
(c) He is worried the Keepers will find him.
(d) He is worried Chacho will not survive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Matt feel while he is in the hospital?
2. Where did El Patron find Tam Lin?
3. What privilege is Ton Ton given?
4. Why does El Patron say it is just for him to survive?
5. What does Fidelito say is unfair about the border patrol jobs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Fidelito doing in the cemetery when Matt finds him?
2. What happened to Ton Ton's parents?
3. What is the talk with the 5 legged horse about?
4. When does Matt's tattoo get seen at the factory?
5. What surprising information about Maria does Matt learn while reading A History of Opium?
6. Why is Matt so sure that El Patron will never use him for spare parts like other clones are?
7. What does Matt notice about the nightly attacks on his character?
8. Why does Matt stay hidden after the wedding?
9. How does Matt get across the border?
10. Why does Matt stop himself from running away to the mountains after his coming of age party?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)