|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Celia been giving Matt poison?
(a) To make his heart weak.
(b) To shut down his kidneys.
(c) To make him stronger.
(d) To dull his senses.
2. How does Maria feel when she learns her mother is still alive?
3. Where does Matt ask the border patrol to take him?
(a) Mexico City.
(b) San Luis.
4. What is given to Chacho when he gets out of the bone pit?
5. What is Matt given as he is sent to San Luis?
(a) Pill materials.
(b) Plastic strips.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carlos punish Chacho?
2. Where did Matt get his ideas about slow people?
3. Where did Matt get the idea for the advice he gives El Patron when he is sick?
4. What kind of factory is Matt sent to?
5. What is Steven's wedding called?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Matt say Maria could get out of her arranged marriage?
2. What happened to Ton Ton's parents?
3. What is the talk with the 5 legged horse about?
4. How does Tam Lin try to protect Matt after the wedding?
5. What does Matt say is the biggest difference between humans and animals?
6. What causes Matt to finally admit something wrong about himself to Jorge?
7. What causes Matt to collapse on the way to San Luis?
8. What is Fidelito doing in the cemetery when Matt finds him?
9. Why does Matt strike up a friendship with Chacho and Fidelito?
10. What does Matt say about the talk with the 5 legged horse?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)