|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Ton Ton's vehicle to shut down?
(a) They run out of gas.
(b) The battery dies.
(c) The terrain gets too rough.
(d) The sun goes down.
2. How many boys go with Matt to San Luis?
3. Who arranged Maria's marriage?
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her father.
(d) El Patron.
4. What does Raul's talk about individualism promote?
(c) Team work.
5. How many lives does Celia say El Patron has had?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Matt feel while he is in the hospital?
2. Why does Matt recognize the bed he is put on in the hospital?
3. Who does Mr. Alacran ask to destroy Matt?
4. What does Matt store as he drifts among the groups in the border patrol?
5. What is Matt supposed to do on his way to San Luis?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Matt get across the border?
2. How does Matt feel now that he is with the border patrol?
3. What does Matt say is the biggest difference between humans and animals?
4. What causes a revolt of the boys on Jorge?
5. How does Jorge say Matt should clean his mind?
6. What is the talk with the 5 legged horse about?
7. What is Fidelito doing in the cemetery when Matt finds him?
8. Why does Matt stop himself from running away to the mountains after his coming of age party?
9. What surprising information about Maria does Matt learn while reading A History of Opium?
10. What causes Matt to finally admit something wrong about himself to Jorge?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)