|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ton Ton given a special privilege?
(a) He has been there the longest.
(b) He is the smallest boy.
(c) The Keepers think he is stupid.
(d) He is the best at telling secrets of the boys.
2. Where does Matt ask the border patrol to take him?
(a) Mexico City.
(b) San Luis.
3. What privilege is Ton Ton given?
(a) He cleans the Keepers' rooms.
(b) He sorts the Keepers' mail.
(c) He drives a hover craft.
(d) He cooks the food.
4. Where does Matt stay during the wedding?
(a) His room.
(b) The chapel.
(c) The oasis.
(d) The secret passage.
5. What does Raul's talk about individualism promote?
(b) Team work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Matt continue on foot once Ton Ton's vehicle dies?
2. How does El Patron know Matt is getting older?
3. Who did Fidelito used to live with?
4. Who does Mr. Alacran ask to destroy Matt?
5. Where does Matt meet Maria before the wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Matt to finally admit something wrong about himself to Jorge?
2. How was Fidelito able to get away from the Keepers?
3. What does Matt say about the talk with the 5 legged horse?
4. What causes Matt to collapse on the way to San Luis?
5. What does Tam Lin say is unique and dangerous about the secret passage?
6. What does Matt say is the biggest difference between humans and animals?
7. Why is El Patron not able to use Matt's heart?
8. What causes a revolt of the boys on Jorge?
9. How does Matt say Maria could get out of her arranged marriage?
10. How does Jorge say Matt should clean his mind?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)