|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the border patrol treat Matt like?
(a) A spy.
(b) A hero.
(c) A suspect.
(d) A guest.
2. What does Consuela give Matt when she first meets him?
(a) Some water.
(b) An inhaler.
(c) A pillow.
(d) A bandage.
3. How many lives does Celia say El Patron has had?
4. What does El Patron say his clones always forget?
(a) Their true identity.
(b) The reason for their existence.
(c) The happy years he gave them.
(d) All of these.
5. What has Celia been giving Matt?
(b) Scorpion venom.
(d) Rat poison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Matt stay during the wedding?
2. Who does Tam Lin say showed him the light?
3. Why does El Patron say it is just for him to survive?
4. Where does Matt ask the border patrol to take him?
5. Where did El Patron find Tam Lin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Celia after El Patron's death?
2. How does Tam Lin try to protect Matt after the wedding?
3. Why does Matt not run away when he hears the shrimp harvester coming?
4. What happened to Ton Ton's parents?
5. How does Matt say Maria could get out of her arranged marriage?
6. What surprising information about Maria does Matt learn while reading A History of Opium?
7. Why does Matt stop himself from running away to the mountains after his coming of age party?
8. What causes a revolt of the boys on Jorge?
9. How does Tam Lin act at Matt's coming of age party?
10. How does Matt get across the border?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)