|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the hospital Chacho is taken to?
(a) The Keepers.
(b) The Convent.
(c) The opium fields.
(d) The border patrol.
2. How many boys go with Matt to San Luis?
3. What devastates Matt when Tam Lin says goodbye?
(a) He says Celia is an Eejit.
(b) He says they will never meet again.
(c) He says Maria doesn't love him.
(d) He says he doesn't believe in Heaven.
4. What is Fidelito's job for the border patrol?
(a) Weaving llama hair.
(b) Sorting mail.
(c) Melting bullets.
(d) Making vitamin pills.
5. Where did El Patron find Tam Lin?
(a) In a poor house.
(b) In prison.
(c) At a major corporation.
(d) At the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Consuela and Guapo related?
2. What privilege is Ton Ton given?
3. What does Matt say El Patron should do to feel better?
4. What ruined Fidelito's home?
5. Why is a rumor spread that Matt is fleeing to the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Matt notice about the nightly attacks on his character?
2. What surprising information about Maria does Matt learn while reading A History of Opium?
3. What happens to Celia after El Patron's death?
4. Why does Matt strike up a friendship with Chacho and Fidelito?
5. How does Tam Lin act at Matt's coming of age party?
6. How does Matt say Maria could get out of her arranged marriage?
7. What happened to Ton Ton's parents?
8. How does Matt feel now that he is with the border patrol?
9. How does Matt get across the border?
10. What is Fidelito doing in the cemetery when Matt finds him?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)