|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the border patrol treat Matt like?
(a) A guest.
(b) A suspect.
(c) A hero.
(d) A spy.
2. What does Fidelito say is unfair about the border patrol jobs?
(a) They do not get enough water to work hard.
(b) Sometimes they get beat.
(c) Everyone has to have the same output.
(d) Nobody trains them in their jobs.
3. What makes it hard for Matt to focus while Jorge is speaking?
(a) The pain from his injuries.
(b) Being so tired.
(c) Not getting fed enough.
(d) Thoughts of Celia.
4. Where is the hospital Chacho is taken to?
(a) The opium fields.
(b) The border patrol.
(c) The Keepers.
(d) The Convent.
5. Who takes Matt to see El Patron when he has a major medical problem?
(b) Tam Lin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Matt know something is wrong with El Patron after his surgery?
2. Where did Matt get the idea for the advice he gives El Patron when he is sick?
3. What does Matt know he has to hide from everyone in Aztlan?
4. Who arranged Maria's marriage?
5. How does Tam Lin feel when he hears the advice Matt gives to El Patron?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Matt say is the biggest difference between humans and animals?
2. What surprising information about Maria does Matt learn while reading A History of Opium?
3. What does Matt say about the talk with the 5 legged horse?
4. When does Matt's tattoo get seen at the factory?
5. Why does Matt stay hidden after the wedding?
6. What is the talk with the 5 legged horse about?
7. What does Tam Lin say is unique and dangerous about the secret passage?
8. Why does Matt stop himself from running away to the mountains after his coming of age party?
9. What causes a revolt of the boys on Jorge?
10. Why does Matt strike up a friendship with Chacho and Fidelito?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)