|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Matt recognize the bed he is put on in the hospital?
(a) It is where MacGregor's clone was kept.
(b) It has been in his nightmares.
(c) It is pictured in Esperanza's book.
(d) It is where he first met El Patron.
2. How does Chacho get out of the bone pit?
(a) Ton Ton uses the shrpimp harvester.
(b) He scales the fence.
(c) He makes a ladder out of the bones.
(d) Matt pulls him out with a rope.
3. What does Matt know he has to hide from everyone in Aztlan?
(a) His past.
(b) His scar.
(c) His tattoo.
(d) His knowledge.
4. Why does Matt tell the border patrol he wants to go somewhere specific?
(a) His sister was sent there.
(b) He has heard there is work there.
(c) He has a friend there.
(d) His family is from there.
5. How many boys go with Matt to San Luis?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lives does Celia say El Patron has had?
2. Who does Mr. Alacran ask to destroy Matt?
3. What does El Patron say his clones always forget?
4. What kind of bones does Matt find at the factory?
5. What does Matt store as he drifts among the groups in the border patrol?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Matt feel now that he is with the border patrol?
2. What causes a revolt of the boys on Jorge?
3. What does Matt notice about the nightly attacks on his character?
4. How does Tam Lin act at Matt's coming of age party?
5. How does Tam Lin tell Matt to escape?
6. Why does Matt stay hidden after the wedding?
7. Why do the Keepers call Matt an aristocrat?
8. Why does Matt not run away when he hears the shrimp harvester coming?
9. What surprising information about Maria does Matt learn while reading A History of Opium?
10. What happened to Ton Ton's parents?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)