|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does El Patron know Matt is getting older?
(a) His voice cracks.
(b) He has feelings for Maria.
(c) He gets angry flashes.
(d) He needs to shave.
2. What gives Matt an asthma attack?
(a) The smell of the river.
(b) The dust from the desert.
(c) The strain of carrying Chacho.
(d) The fumes from the vehicle.
3. Why does El Patron say it is just for him to survive?
(a) His parents left him.
(b) He made himself strong.
(c) So many people depend on him.
(d) All his siblings died.
4. How does Matt feel while he is in the hospital?
5. What makes the ride to San Luis very stinky?
(a) Fidelito vomits.
(b) The food is rotten.
(c) The windows are left open.
(d) A sheep poops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tanks is Matt put in charge of when he gets to San Luis?
2. Where did Matt get the idea for the advice he gives El Patron when he is sick?
3. What kind of bones does Matt find at the factory?
4. What does Matt say El Patron should do to feel better?
5. What causes Ton Ton's vehicle to shut down?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Matt say is the biggest difference between humans and animals?
2. How does Matt feel now that he is with the border patrol?
3. What happened to Ton Ton's parents?
4. What does Matt notice about the nightly attacks on his character?
5. Why does Matt not run away when he hears the shrimp harvester coming?
6. How does Matt get across the border?
7. What causes a revolt of the boys on Jorge?
8. Why does Matt stop himself from running away to the mountains after his coming of age party?
9. How does Matt say Maria could get out of her arranged marriage?
10. What does Matt say about the talk with the 5 legged horse?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)