|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does El Patron like Matt to play for him?
(b) All of these.
2. Why is Ton Ton given a special privilege?
(a) He is the best at telling secrets of the boys.
(b) He is the smallest boy.
(c) The Keepers think he is stupid.
(d) He has been there the longest.
3. What is given to Chacho when he gets out of the bone pit?
4. Who tells Matt he was harvested from a cow?
(c) Tam Lin.
(d) El Patron.
5. What makes Matt excited to plan his escape from the factory?
(a) Learning about the nightly binges of the Keepers.
(b) Reading the burial stones.
(c) Knowing Ton Ton has a key.
(d) Seeing a boy beaten to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Matt know something is wrong with El Patron after his surgery?
2. Why does Matt recognize the bed he is put on in the hospital?
3. What kind of tanks is Matt put in charge of when he gets to San Luis?
4. Who is with Ton Ton on the vehicle he drives?
5. What causes Ton Ton's vehicle to shut down?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Celia after El Patron's death?
2. What causes Matt to finally admit something wrong about himself to Jorge?
3. How does Tam Lin tell Matt to escape?
4. How does Matt feel now that he is with the border patrol?
5. What does Tam Lin say is unique and dangerous about the secret passage?
6. What causes a revolt of the boys on Jorge?
7. Why is El Patron not able to use Matt's heart?
8. What is Fidelito doing in the cemetery when Matt finds him?
9. How does Tam Lin act at Matt's coming of age party?
10. When does Matt's tattoo get seen at the factory?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)