|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raul compare individualism to?
(a) A small spider with a secret.
(b) A pig with fangs.
(c) A fish with wings.
(d) A 5 legged horse.
2. What kind of bones does Matt find at the factory?
(a) Human bones.
(b) Dog bones.
(c) Cow bones.
(d) Whale bones.
3. Why does Matt continue on foot once Ton Ton's vehicle dies?
(a) He is worried the Keepers will find him.
(b) He is worried about night predators.
(c) He is worried that Maria will not be in school anymore.
(d) He is worried Chacho will not survive.
4. What does Raul's talk about individualism promote?
(c) Team work.
5. What is Matt supposed to do on his way to San Luis?
(a) Make pills.
(b) Address mail.
(c) Make sandals.
(d) Weave hats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Fidelito used to live with?
2. How does Maria feel when she learns her mother is still alive?
3. How does Carlos say he got privileges?
4. What causes Ton Ton's vehicle to shut down?
5. Who saw Matt's tatoo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tam Lin try to protect Matt after the wedding?
2. What does Matt say about the talk with the 5 legged horse?
3. Why do the Keepers call Matt an aristocrat?
4. How does Tam Lin tell Matt to escape?
5. Why does Matt stop himself from running away to the mountains after his coming of age party?
6. What causes Matt to finally admit something wrong about himself to Jorge?
7. What surprising information about Maria does Matt learn while reading A History of Opium?
8. Why does Matt stay hidden after the wedding?
9. What does Matt notice about the nightly attacks on his character?
10. Why is El Patron not able to use Matt's heart?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)