|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first major medical problem Matt sees El Patron face?
(c) Heart attack.
2. What shocks Matt when he sees where the eejits are kept?
(a) The clothing they wear.
(b) The harsh conditions.
(c) The number of eejits.
(d) Their blank expressions.
3. What does Matt know he has to hide from everyone in Aztlan?
(a) His past.
(b) His scar.
(c) His tattoo.
(d) His knowledge.
4. What is wrong with Matt's first breakfast from the border patrol?
(a) He doesn't recognize the food.
(b) It is cold.
(c) He is allergic to it.
(d) It is a half-portion.
5. Why does Matt choose to help Fidelito with his border patrol duties?
(a) He reminds him of himself.
(b) He is so small.
(c) He is nice.
(d) He is the only one to ask.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Matt feel while he is in the hospital?
2. Why is Matt sure he will not be used for spare parts?
3. Who did Fidelito used to live with?
4. What skill does Matt tell the border patrol he has?
5. Who does Tam Lin say showed him the light?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Matt stop himself from running away to the mountains after his coming of age party?
2. Why does Matt stay hidden after the wedding?
3. What causes a revolt of the boys on Jorge?
4. What does Matt say is the biggest difference between humans and animals?
5. What happens to Celia after El Patron's death?
6. How does Matt feel now that he is with the border patrol?
7. What happened to Ton Ton's parents?
8. What is the talk with the 5 legged horse about?
9. What surprising information about Maria does Matt learn while reading A History of Opium?
10. What causes Matt to collapse on the way to San Luis?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)