|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Matt tell the border patrol he wants to go somewhere specific?
(a) He has a friend there.
(b) His family is from there.
(c) His sister was sent there.
(d) He has heard there is work there.
2. What is wrong with Matt's first breakfast from the border patrol?
(a) He is allergic to it.
(b) It is cold.
(c) It is a half-portion.
(d) He doesn't recognize the food.
3. Who spreads a rumor that Matt is fleeing to the U.S.?
(c) Tam Lin.
4. Who is Maria arranged to marry?
(c) Tam Lin.
5. How does Matt know something is wrong with El Patron after his surgery?
(a) He asks to see his dead wife.
(b) He does not recognize Matt.
(c) He wishes to smoke.
(d) He no longer wants to disgrace his enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is given to Chacho when he gets out of the bone pit?
2. What kind of factory is Matt sent to?
3. Why does Matt recognize the bed he is put on in the hospital?
4. What kind of bones does Matt find at the factory?
5. What makes Matt excited to plan his escape from the factory?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Keepers call Matt an aristocrat?
2. How was Fidelito able to get away from the Keepers?
3. How does Tam Lin tell Matt to escape?
4. What happens to Celia after El Patron's death?
5. How does Tam Lin try to protect Matt after the wedding?
6. What surprising information about Maria does Matt learn while reading A History of Opium?
7. What is the talk with the 5 legged horse about?
8. What does Matt say about the talk with the 5 legged horse?
9. When does Matt's tattoo get seen at the factory?
10. Why does Matt strike up a friendship with Chacho and Fidelito?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)