|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Keepers take every night?
2. How many boys go with Matt to San Luis?
3. What privilege is Ton Ton given?
(a) He cooks the food.
(b) He sorts the Keepers' mail.
(c) He cleans the Keepers' rooms.
(d) He drives a hover craft.
4. Where did Matt get the idea for the advice he gives El Patron when he is sick?
(b) A book about farming.
(c) Tam Lin.
(d) St. Francis.
5. What does Flaco do while Matt attacks Jorge?
(a) Blocks the door.
(b) Moves Fidelito away.
(c) Summons the Keepers.
(d) Supplies Matt with weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Matt supposed to do on his way to San Luis?
2. Why has Celia been giving Matt poison?
3. What ruined Fidelito's home?
4. What kind of factory is Matt sent to?
5. How many lives does Celia say El Patron has had?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Matt not run away when he hears the shrimp harvester coming?
2. What does Matt notice about the nightly attacks on his character?
3. How does Tam Lin tell Matt to escape?
4. What surprising information about Maria does Matt learn while reading A History of Opium?
5. What is Fidelito doing in the cemetery when Matt finds him?
6. Why does Matt stay hidden after the wedding?
7. Why is Matt so sure that El Patron will never use him for spare parts like other clones are?
8. How was Fidelito able to get away from the Keepers?
9. What happens to Celia after El Patron's death?
10. How does Matt say Maria could get out of her arranged marriage?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)