|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Steven say Matt is?
(a) A stow away.
(b) A servant.
(c) An Eejit.
(d) A clone.
2. How does Maria show Matt that she forgives him?
(a) She defends him at the funeral.
(b) She holds his hand.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She writes him a note.
3. What does Maria say happens when El Patron owns something?
(a) He makes it dependant on him.
(b) He never lets it go.
(c) He makes it hate him.
(d) He coddles it.
4. Where is Celia from?
5. Why does Tam Lin say he left Matt something at the oasis?
(a) He never knows when he will have to get away.
(b) They can run away together when he gets back.
(c) It is his habit to be prepared.
(d) El Patron is unpredicatble.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Matt when he meets Tam Lin?
2. Where is the oasis?
3. Where is Celia's new apartment?
4. How does Matt get out of his house for the first time?
5. Who assures Matt as he enters the old man's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Matt get injured at the beginning of the book?
2. Why does Matt like to hide from Felicia?
3. What is Eduardo's job?
4. Who promises to save Matt from the Big House, and how does Matt respond to this?
5. What does Felicia do to get Matt to meet with Maria after the birthday party?
6. What does Celia tell Matt about the children at the Big House?
7. What does El Patron tell Matt when they first meet?
8. What does Matt do when Tom comes to taunt him after his first time in the Big House?
9. Why does Matt sometimes fake his cough?
10. What does Tam Lin praise Matt's teacher for?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)