|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of toy does Matt sleep with?
(a) Embroidered pillow.
(b) Plastic bunny.
(c) Stuffed horse.
(d) Stuffed bear.
2. Where is Celia's new apartment?
(a) At the big house.
(b) In the fields.
(c) In the school.
(d) Near the city.
3. Why does Steven say Matt is different from others of his kind?
(a) He is full-grown.
(b) He is living on the ranch.
(c) He has the ability to speak.
(d) His mind is intact.
4. Who does Matt hope will rescue him while he is out on the lawn?
(b) El Patron.
5. What is Tam Lin's job?
(a) Body guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eduardo worried about at the beginning of the book?
2. Where is the oasis?
3. What does Steven say Matt is?
4. What did St. Francis take to church one day?
5. Why can't Matt go away to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Eduardo's job?
2. How does Matt find the secret passage?
3. What does Steven tell his siblings about Matt?
4. Who promises to save Matt from the Big House, and how does Matt respond to this?
5. What did the coyote do to Celia?
6. What does Matt do before Maria leaves for school, and why?
7. What does Celia tell Matt about the children at the Big House?
8. What is Mrs. Ortega hired to do?
9. What does Matt do when Tom comes to taunt him after his first time in the Big House?
10. Why was Maria able to forgive Matt after the birthday party?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)