|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a coyote man do?
(a) Sets fire to buildings for pay.
(b) Manages prostitutes.
(c) Sells opium.
(d) Smuggles people to the U.S.
2. Who reports how Matt has been kept?
3. What does Matt force Maria to do at the birthday party?
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Sit by him.
(c) Give him a gift.
(d) Hug him.
4. Who does Matt talk to about what he saw at the hospital?
(a) Tam Lin.
(c) El Patron.
5. What makes Matt feel special after talking about what he saw at the hospital?
(a) He has been spared.
(b) He knows how to win Maria.
(c) He is still alive.
(d) He is the only one of his kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is El Patron from?
2. Who owns what Matt saw at the hospital?
3. Who objects to Matt being at El Viejo's funeral?
4. What does Eduardo try to use to blunt the intelligence of the specimen at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Matt compare himself to as a clone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Maria able to forgive Matt after the birthday party?
2. What is Mrs. Ortega hired to do?
3. What does El Patron tell Matt when they first meet?
4. Why doesn't Matt try to make up with Maria right after the birthday party?
5. Who promises to save Matt from the Big House, and how does Matt respond to this?
6. Why does Matt want to learn more about the opium empire?
7. What does Matt do when Tom comes to taunt him after his first time in the Big House?
8. Why does Matt like to hide from Felicia?
9. How does Matt get injured at the beginning of the book?
10. Where is Furball found when he goes missing before El Patron's birthday?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)