|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rosa throw Matt on the lawn?
(a) A man threatens her.
(b) She sees the writing on his feet.
(c) Maria tells him to.
(d) It is the rules.
2. What does Matt force Maria to do at the birthday party?
(a) Sit by him.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Give him a gift.
(d) Hug him.
3. Why does Matt fix what he does to Tom's place card at the birthday party?
(a) Tam Lin laughs at him.
(b) El Patron eyes him.
(c) He doesn't want Rosa to get in trouble.
(d) Maria gets mad.
4. What gave El Patron his desire to survive?
(a) Watching his siblings die.
(b) Working in a hospital.
(c) Reading mythology.
(d) Going to church.
5. What is Eduardo worried about at the beginning of the book?
(a) A cow.
(c) His machine.
(d) El Patron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steven say Matt is?
2. Why is a real teacher not hired for Matt?
3. What is an eejit?
4. Who is forbidden from seeing Matt while he is operated on?
5. Who gives a birthday gift to Matt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Matt get injured at the beginning of the book?
2. How did Furball really die?
3. What did the coyote do to Celia?
4. What is Eduardo's job?
5. What does Felicia do to get Matt to meet with Maria after the birthday party?
6. What does Tam Lin praise Matt's teacher for?
7. What does Rosa do while she helps Matt when he is injured at the beginning of the book?
8. Why does Celia choose to tell Matt about her past?
9. Why does Matt want to learn more about the opium empire?
10. Where is Furball found when he goes missing before El Patron's birthday?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)