|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Maria mad when she first sees Matt?
(a) He is short.
(b) He does not talk.
(c) He is locked up.
(d) He is not handsome.
2. Who gets mad at Maria for sleeping with Matt?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) The doctor.
3. What does Maria apologize to Matt for in the secret passage?
(a) Slapping him.
(b) Not believing him.
(c) Thinking he was unholy.
(d) Not writing back to him.
4. What did St. Francis take to church one day?
(a) A rooster.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cat.
5. Who killed Furball?
(d) El Patron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Mr. Mendoza hold?
2. Where is Celia from?
3. Where is the oasis?
4. What causes Matt to go to the oasis alone?
5. Why does Matt fix what he does to Tom's place card at the birthday party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the coyote do to Celia?
2. How does Matt get injured at the beginning of the book?
3. Why does Matt want to learn more about the opium empire?
4. Why does Matt like to hide from Felicia?
5. Why was Maria able to forgive Matt after the birthday party?
6. What does Tom show Matt and Maria at the hospital?
7. Why did El Patron decide to keep Celia?
8. Where is Furball found when he goes missing before El Patron's birthday?
9. What does Maria give Matt for El Patron's birthday?
10. What does Felicia do to get Matt to meet with Maria after the birthday party?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)