|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of cells is Matt made from?
(a) Liver cells.
(b) Skin cells.
(c) Brain cells.
(d) Reproductive cells.
2. Who gives a birthday gift to Matt?
(b) Tam Lin.
(c) Mr. MacGregor.
3. What does Tam Lin leave at the oasis for Matt?
(a) A large box.
(b) A book.
(c) A time capsule.
(d) A machine.
4. Where is the oasis?
(a) Near the border.
(b) At the outpost.
(c) In the desert.
(d) In the fields.
5. What is inside what Tam Lin left at the oasis for Matt?
(b) His story and research.
(c) Survival instructions.
(d) A place to hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Matt force his way out of his house for the first time?
2. Why does Celia tell Matt about her past?
3. What does Matt like to hide behind?
4. Why do children discover Matt?
5. What does Maria do with her gift for Matt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mrs. Ortega hired to do?
2. Who promises to save Matt from the Big House, and how does Matt respond to this?
3. What does Celia tell Matt about the children at the Big House?
4. What does Rosa do while she helps Matt when he is injured at the beginning of the book?
5. Why does Matt like to hide from Felicia?
6. What does Tom show Matt and Maria at the hospital?
7. How did Furball really die?
8. Where is Furball found when he goes missing before El Patron's birthday?
9. Why did El Patron decide to keep Celia?
10. How does Matt get injured at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)