|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eduardo try to use to blunt the intelligence of the specimen at the beginning of the book?
(a) A prong.
(b) A needle.
(c) A pair of tweezers.
(d) A brush.
2. What is Rosa's position?
3. What is Maria's gift to Matt?
(b) A poem.
4. Where does Felicia tell Matt to meet Maria after the party?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The music room.
(c) The fields.
(d) The kitchen.
5. How does Matt plan to make Maria talk to him after their experience at the hospital?
(a) He will draw her a picture.
(b) He will kidnap her cat.
(c) He will leave her a note.
(d) He will sneak into her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Matt meet Maria after their experience at the hospital?
2. Why is Eduardo told not to blunt the intelligence of the specimen?
3. What does El Patron tell his family about Matt?
4. What is Matt accused of when he meets with Maria after their experience at the hospital?
5. Why does Matt force his way out of his house for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why atrocity lies in Tam Lin's past?
2. What happens when Matt tries to meet Maria in the Lotus Garden?
3. Why does Matt want to learn more about the opium empire?
4. What does Tom show Matt and Maria at the hospital?
5. How did Furball really die?
6. Why doesn't Matt try to make up with Maria right after the birthday party?
7. How does Matt find the secret passage?
8. What does Tam Lin praise Matt's teacher for?
9. Why does Celia choose to tell Matt about her past?
10. How does Matt get injured at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)