|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maria decide to spend the night with Matt?
(a) She doesn't want him to be scared.
(b) She doesn't want to be eaten by monsters.
(c) She doesn't have another room.
(d) She is leaving the next day.
2. How does Matt feel when he sees Maria's gift to him?
3. Who does Matt talk to about what he saw at the hospital?
(b) Tam Lin.
(d) El Patron.
4. Who owns what Matt saw at the hospital?
(a) El Patron.
5. Where is Celia's new apartment?
(a) Near the city.
(b) In the school.
(c) In the fields.
(d) At the big house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Maria away from the birthday party?
2. What does Rosa tell Matt not to do as she leads him across the courtyard?
3. How does Maria show Matt that she forgives him?
4. What does Matt learn from?
5. How does El Patron rate how much people love him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Matt say is the biggest difference between humans and animals?
2. When does Matt's tattoo get seen at the factory?
3. What does Steven tell his siblings about Matt?
4. What does El Patron tell Matt when they first meet?
5. Why does Matt like to hide from Felicia?
6. What does Tam Lin say is unique and dangerous about the secret passage?
7. Why does Matt strike up a friendship with Chacho and Fidelito?
8. Where is Furball found when he goes missing before El Patron's birthday?
9. Why has there been no word from Opium since El Patron died?
10. Why did El Patron decide to keep Celia?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)