|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rosa's position?
2. What does Maria say made her forgive Matt?
(a) She thought back over all the kind things Matt had done.
(b) She read about St. Francis.
(c) She talked to Tom.
(d) She had a dream about Matt.
3. What does Rosa tell Matt not to do as she leads him across the courtyard?
(b) Talk about her.
(c) Act stupid.
4. What is Matt accused of when he meets with Maria after their experience at the hospital?
(a) Stealing Maria's books.
(b) Manipulating Maria.
(c) Killing Maria's cat.
(d) Fighting with Tom.
5. How does Tam Lin celebrate that Matt is talking again?
(a) He takes him for a drive.
(b) He takes him for a picnic.
(c) He lets him call El Patron.
(d) He gives him a gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets mad at Maria for sleeping with Matt?
2. What gave El Patron his desire to survive?
3. What causes Matt to go to the oasis alone?
4. What does Tam Lin leave at the oasis for Matt?
5. What does Maria do with her gift for Matt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Matt like to hide from Felicia?
2. Who promises to save Matt from the Big House, and how does Matt respond to this?
3. How does Tam Lin tell Matt to escape?
4. Why does Matt stay hidden after the wedding?
5. What does Tam Lin say is unique and dangerous about the secret passage?
6. What is the first thing Matt does when he returns to Opium?
7. What does El Patron tell Matt when they first meet?
8. How does Tam Lin try to protect Matt after the wedding?
9. What is Mrs. Ortega hired to do?
10. How does Matt feel now that he is with the border patrol?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)