|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Celia from?
2. How long has Matt been kept like a wild animal?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 5 months.
3. Who reports how Matt has been kept?
4. What makes Matt feel special after talking about what he saw at the hospital?
(a) He knows how to win Maria.
(b) He has been spared.
(c) He is the only one of his kind.
(d) He is still alive.
5. What does Rosa threaten to do to Matt as she leads him across the courtyard?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Starve him.
(c) Beat him.
(d) Sell him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is inside what Tam Lin left at the oasis for Matt?
2. Who lives with Matt at the beginning of the book?
3. What kind of toy does Matt sleep with?
4. Who killed Furball?
5. What is Rosa's position?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who promises to save Matt from the Big House, and how does Matt respond to this?
2. What happens when Matt tries to meet Maria in the Lotus Garden?
3. Why was Maria able to forgive Matt after the birthday party?
4. How does Matt find the secret passage?
5. What does Felicia do to get Matt to meet with Maria after the birthday party?
6. Why does Matt sometimes fake his cough?
7. What does El Patron tell Matt when they first meet?
8. Why doesn't Matt try to make up with Maria right after the birthday party?
9. Why did El Patron decide to keep Celia?
10. What does Tom show Matt and Maria at the hospital?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)