|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria apologize to Matt for in the secret passage?
(a) Slapping him.
(b) Thinking he was unholy.
(c) Not believing him.
(d) Not writing back to him.
2. What does a coyote man do?
(a) Sells opium.
(b) Smuggles people to the U.S.
(c) Manages prostitutes.
(d) Sets fire to buildings for pay.
3. Where is the oasis?
(a) In the desert.
(b) In the fields.
(c) At the outpost.
(d) Near the border.
4. What makes Maria mad when she first sees Matt?
(a) He is not handsome.
(b) He is short.
(c) He does not talk.
(d) He is locked up.
5. What does Matt learn from?
(c) All of these.
(d) The TV.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes Matt talk again?
2. Who demands that Matt be at El Viejo's funeral?
3. What does Maria say made her forgive Matt?
4. What kind of cells is Matt made from?
5. What did St. Francis take to church one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Matt want to learn more about the opium empire?
2. What does El Patron tell Matt when they first meet?
3. Why atrocity lies in Tam Lin's past?
4. What does Celia tell Matt about the children at the Big House?
5. What did the coyote do to Celia?
6. What happens when Matt tries to meet Maria in the Lotus Garden?
7. How does Matt get injured at the beginning of the book?
8. What does Tam Lin praise Matt's teacher for?
9. What is Eduardo's job?
10. What does Steven tell his siblings about Matt?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)