|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many siblings did El Patron have?
2. How does Tam Lin celebrate that Matt is talking again?
(a) He lets him call El Patron.
(b) He takes him for a picnic.
(c) He gives him a gift.
(d) He takes him for a drive.
3. What does Matt like to hide behind?
(b) Air ducts.
(c) Potted plants.
4. Where does Eduardo not want to work?
(a) The lab.
(b) The city.
(c) The farm.
(d) The storage.
5. Who owns what Matt saw at the hospital?
(c) El Patron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matt learn from?
2. Who assures Matt as he enters the old man's room?
3. How long has Matt been kept like a wild animal?
4. Why is a real teacher not hired for Matt?
5. What is Eduardo worried about at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did El Patron decide to keep Celia?
2. How did Furball really die?
3. Why does Matt sometimes fake his cough?
4. Why does Matt want to learn more about the opium empire?
5. What does Tam Lin praise Matt's teacher for?
6. What does Matt do before Maria leaves for school, and why?
7. Why does Celia choose to tell Matt about her past?
8. What does Rosa do while she helps Matt when he is injured at the beginning of the book?
9. How does Rosa treat Matt once the doctor leaves?
10. Why atrocity lies in Tam Lin's past?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)