|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Celia's new apartment?
(a) In the fields.
(b) At the big house.
(c) In the school.
(d) Near the city.
2. How does Matt get out of his house for the first time?
(a) He uses the crawl space.
(b) He goes up the chimney.
(c) He shatters a window.
(d) He knocks down the door.
3. Who does Matt hope will rescue him while he is out on the lawn?
(a) El Patron.
4. Where is the oasis?
(a) In the desert.
(b) At the outpost.
(c) Near the border.
(d) In the fields.
5. Where did Celia learn to cook?
(a) A factory.
(b) Cooking school.
(c) An orphanage.
(d) A hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria say made her forgive Matt?
2. What does Matt learn from?
3. What gave El Patron his desire to survive?
4. Where is Matt operated on?
5. Who gives a birthday gift to Matt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does El Patron tell Matt when they first meet?
2. Who promises to save Matt from the Big House, and how does Matt respond to this?
3. Why does Celia choose to tell Matt about her past?
4. What does Steven tell his siblings about Matt?
5. What did the coyote do to Celia?
6. What does Rosa do while she helps Matt when he is injured at the beginning of the book?
7. What does Tom show Matt and Maria at the hospital?
8. Why atrocity lies in Tam Lin's past?
9. Why does Matt like to hide from Felicia?
10. What is Eduardo's job?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)