|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tam Lin say he left Matt something at the oasis?
(a) They can run away together when he gets back.
(b) It is his habit to be prepared.
(c) El Patron is unpredicatble.
(d) He never knows when he will have to get away.
2. What makes Maria mad when she first sees Matt?
(a) He is locked up.
(b) He does not talk.
(c) He is not handsome.
(d) He is short.
3. Who gives a birthday gift to Matt?
(a) Tam Lin.
(c) Mr. MacGregor.
4. What makes Matt feel special after talking about what he saw at the hospital?
(a) He knows how to win Maria.
(b) He is still alive.
(c) He is the only one of his kind.
(d) He has been spared.
5. Why do children discover Matt?
(a) He left the house.
(b) They follow his footsteps.
(c) Some rumors were told.
(d) They hear him crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Steven say Matt is different from others of his kind?
2. What causes Matt to go to the oasis alone?
3. Who gets mad at Maria for sleeping with Matt?
4. What is Eduardo worried about at the beginning of the book?
5. How long has Matt been kept like a wild animal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Matt tries to meet Maria in the Lotus Garden?
2. What does El Patron tell Matt when they first meet?
3. Why does Matt sometimes fake his cough?
4. What did the coyote do to Celia?
5. What is Mrs. Ortega hired to do?
6. Why atrocity lies in Tam Lin's past?
7. Who promises to save Matt from the Big House, and how does Matt respond to this?
8. What is Eduardo's job?
9. What does Maria give Matt for El Patron's birthday?
10. How does Rosa treat Matt once the doctor leaves?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)