|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Matt when he meets Tam Lin?
2. Who does Matt hope will rescue him while he is out on the lawn?
(d) El Patron.
3. What does Eduardo try to use to blunt the intelligence of the specimen at the beginning of the book?
(a) A brush.
(b) A pair of tweezers.
(c) A needle.
(d) A prong.
4. What injury does Matt sustain when he gets out of his house for the first time?
(a) Dislocated shoulder.
(b) Sprained ankle.
(c) Bruised knees.
(d) Cut feet.
5. What does Rosa tell Matt not to do as she leads him across the courtyard?
(b) Act stupid.
(c) Talk about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Celia learn to cook?
2. How does Matt plan to make Maria talk to him after their experience at the hospital?
3. How does Matt get out of his house for the first time?
4. What makes Matt feel special after talking about what he saw at the hospital?
5. What is Eduardo working with at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did El Patron decide to keep Celia?
2. What does Matt do when Tom comes to taunt him after his first time in the Big House?
3. What does Matt do before Maria leaves for school, and why?
4. What does Maria give Matt for El Patron's birthday?
5. Why does Matt sometimes fake his cough?
6. How does Rosa treat Matt once the doctor leaves?
7. What does Steven tell his siblings about Matt?
8. What did the coyote do to Celia?
9. What does El Patron tell Matt when they first meet?
10. What is Mrs. Ortega hired to do?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)