|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria do with her gift for Matt?
(a) Gives it to El Patron.
(b) Throws it away.
(c) Puts it in his room.
(d) Hides it.
2. What is Tam Lin's job?
(b) Body guard.
3. Why is Eduardo told not to blunt the intelligence of the specimen?
(a) It is already purchased.
(b) It is part of a test unit.
(c) It is too advanced.
(d) It is a Matteo Alacran.
4. Who does Matt hope will rescue him while he is out on the lawn?
(c) El Patron.
5. What does Steven say Matt is?
(a) A stow away.
(b) A servant.
(c) A clone.
(d) An Eejit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Celia's new apartment?
2. Who lives with Matt at the beginning of the book?
3. What is Willum's occupation?
4. How does Tam Lin celebrate that Matt is talking again?
5. What does Matt tell Maria about while he eats his food?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Matt want to learn more about the opium empire?
2. What does Matt do before Maria leaves for school, and why?
3. How does Matt get injured at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Rosa do while she helps Matt when he is injured at the beginning of the book?
5. What is Mrs. Ortega hired to do?
6. What did the coyote do to Celia?
7. Why atrocity lies in Tam Lin's past?
8. Why does Celia choose to tell Matt about her past?
9. What does Matt do when Tom comes to taunt him after his first time in the Big House?
10. How does Matt find the secret passage?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)