|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of cells is Matt made from?
(a) Brain cells.
(b) Reproductive cells.
(c) Liver cells.
(d) Skin cells.
2. Where does Eduardo not want to work?
(a) The lab.
(b) The farm.
(c) The storage.
(d) The city.
3. What is Eduardo working with at the beginning of the book?
(a) A telescope.
(b) An orthoscope.
(c) A microscope.
(d) A petroscope.
4. Why do children discover Matt?
(a) He left the house.
(b) They hear him crying.
(c) Some rumors were told.
(d) They follow his footsteps.
5. What gave El Patron his desire to survive?
(a) Working in a hospital.
(b) Reading mythology.
(c) Going to church.
(d) Watching his siblings die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is inside what Tam Lin left at the oasis for Matt?
2. Why does someone object to Matt being at El Viejo's funeral?
3. Where does Matt meet Maria after their experience at the hospital?
4. Who owns what Matt saw at the hospital?
5. Who does Matt hope will rescue him while he is out on the lawn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Felicia do to get Matt to meet with Maria after the birthday party?
2. Why does Matt want to learn more about the opium empire?
3. Why atrocity lies in Tam Lin's past?
4. Why doesn't Matt try to make up with Maria right after the birthday party?
5. What does Steven tell his siblings about Matt?
6. Why does Matt sometimes fake his cough?
7. Why was Maria able to forgive Matt after the birthday party?
8. Why does Matt like to hide from Felicia?
9. How does Matt get injured at the beginning of the book?
10. What does Celia tell Matt about the children at the Big House?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)