|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor say Matt suffers from when Matt is with the old man?
(c) Voluntary Muteness.
2. What is inside what Tam Lin left at the oasis for Matt?
(a) Survival instructions.
(c) His story and research.
(d) A place to hide.
3. What does Matt compare himself to as a clone?
(a) A computer chip.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A reflection.
(d) A back up.
4. How old is Matt when he meets Tam Lin?
5. What does Matt force Maria to do at the birthday party?
(a) Give him a gift.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Hug him.
(d) Sit by him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Willum's occupation?
2. Why does Matt force his way out of his house for the first time?
3. Where is Celia's new apartment?
4. What is Rosa's position?
5. Why does someone object to Matt being at El Viejo's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Maria able to forgive Matt after the birthday party?
2. Why does Matt want to learn more about the opium empire?
3. What does Steven tell his siblings about Matt?
4. What happens when Matt tries to meet Maria in the Lotus Garden?
5. What does Matt do before Maria leaves for school, and why?
6. What does Tam Lin praise Matt's teacher for?
7. What does Tom show Matt and Maria at the hospital?
8. Why did El Patron decide to keep Celia?
9. Why does Matt like to hide from Felicia?
10. Who promises to save Matt from the Big House, and how does Matt respond to this?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)