|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eduardo working with at the beginning of the book?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A petroscope.
(c) An orthoscope.
(d) A microscope.
2. How does Maria show Matt that she forgives him?
(a) She writes him a note.
(b) She kisses him.
(c) She holds his hand.
(d) She defends him at the funeral.
3. How does Matt get out of his house for the first time?
(a) He shatters a window.
(b) He uses the crawl space.
(c) He knocks down the door.
(d) He goes up the chimney.
4. How does El Patron rate how much people love him?
(a) By their obedience.
(b) By the size of their gifts.
(c) By the way they look at him.
(d) By how much time they spend with him.
5. What does Matt force Maria to do at the birthday party?
(a) Give him a gift.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Sit by him.
(d) Kiss him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns what Matt saw at the hospital?
2. What is Rosa's position?
3. What does Steven say Matt is?
4. Why does Rosa throw Matt on the lawn?
5. What is Tam Lin's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does El Patron tell Matt when they first meet?
2. What does Matt do when Tom comes to taunt him after his first time in the Big House?
3. How did Furball really die?
4. What does Steven tell his siblings about Matt?
5. Where is Furball found when he goes missing before El Patron's birthday?
6. What happens when Matt tries to meet Maria in the Lotus Garden?
7. What did the coyote do to Celia?
8. What does Maria give Matt for El Patron's birthday?
9. Why was Maria able to forgive Matt after the birthday party?
10. What does Celia tell Matt about the children at the Big House?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)