|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Matt sure he will not be used for spare parts?
(a) He is too valuable.
(b) He has been treated so well.
(c) His brain was left intact.
(d) He is not large enough.
2. How are Consuela and Guapo related?
(a) They are aunt and nephew.
(b) They are married.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) They are cousins.
3. What does El Patron say his clones always forget?
(a) The happy years he gave them.
(b) Their true identity.
(c) All of these.
(d) The reason for their existence.
4. Where did Matt get his ideas about slow people?
(b) Tam Lin.
5. Where does Matt ask the border patrol to take him?
(a) Mexico City.
(c) San Luis.
6. How does Maria feel when she learns her mother is still alive?
7. Why does Mr. Alacran order Matt to be destroyed?
(a) He killed El Patron.
(b) He has no soul.
(c) It is ordered in El Patron's will.
(d) He has no purpose.
8. What kind of vehicle does Ton Ton drive?
(a) A hover craft.
(b) A golf cart.
(c) A shrimp harvester.
(d) A tractor.
9. Who is with Ton Ton on the vehicle he drives?
10. What is Matt supposed to do on his way to San Luis?
(a) Make pills.
(b) Weave hats.
(c) Address mail.
(d) Make sandals.
11. What devastates Matt when Tam Lin says goodbye?
(a) He says he doesn't believe in Heaven.
(b) He says Celia is an Eejit.
(c) He says they will never meet again.
(d) He says Maria doesn't love him.
12. What is given to Chacho when he gets out of the bone pit?
13. Who does Matt say can save Maria from her arranged marriage?
(a) Her mother.
(b) El Patron.
14. How does Chacho get out of the bone pit?
(a) Matt pulls him out with a rope.
(b) Ton Ton uses the shrpimp harvester.
(c) He scales the fence.
(d) He makes a ladder out of the bones.
15. What does Matt say about slow people?
(a) They pay close attention.
(b) They are .
(c) They can be trusted.
(d) They have simple methods.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lives does Celia say El Patron has had?
2. What is wrong with Matt's first breakfast from the border patrol?
3. What causes Ton Ton's vehicle to shut down?
4. Who takes Matt to see El Patron when he has a major medical problem?
5. Why does Matt choose to help Fidelito with his border patrol duties?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)