|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jorge say he plans to stop Matt from being an aristocrat?
(a) Beating him again.
(b) Removing Fidelito.
(c) Moving him to another bunk.
(d) Brainwashing him.
2. What does Matt store as he drifts among the groups in the border patrol?
3. What does the border patrol treat Matt like?
(a) A guest.
(b) A hero.
(c) A spy.
(d) A suspect.
4. Where does Matt ask the border patrol to take him?
(b) Mexico City.
(c) San Luis.
5. How is Matt taken to San Luis?
(a) A hovercraft.
(b) An airplane.
(c) A bus.
(d) A large ship.
6. Who does Matt say can save Maria from her arranged marriage?
(a) El Patron.
(c) Her mother.
7. How many lives does Celia say El Patron has had?
8. Who spreads a rumor that Matt is fleeing to the U.S.?
(b) Tam Lin.
9. Why does El Patron get mad at the advice Matt gives him?
(a) He never gives anything away.
(b) He has not taught him well enough.
(c) He will not be as profitable.
(d) He does not want to be seen as weak.
10. What shocks Matt when he sees where the eejits are kept?
(a) The number of eejits.
(b) Their blank expressions.
(c) The harsh conditions.
(d) The clothing they wear.
11. What does Raul compare individualism to?
(a) A pig with fangs.
(b) A 5 legged horse.
(c) A fish with wings.
(d) A small spider with a secret.
12. Who did Fidelito used to live with?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His godfather.
(d) His step-father.
13. Who is Maria arranged to marry?
(b) Tam Lin.
14. What is Matt given as he is sent to San Luis?
(c) Plastic strips.
(d) Pill materials.
15. Why does Matt continue on foot once Ton Ton's vehicle dies?
(a) He is worried about night predators.
(b) He is worried that Maria will not be in school anymore.
(c) He is worried the Keepers will find him.
(d) He is worried Chacho will not survive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Matt cry at the factory?
2. Why is a rumor spread that Matt is fleeing to the U.S.?
3. What do the Keepers take every night?
4. What ruined Fidelito's home?
5. What instrument does El Patron like Matt to play for him?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)