|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill does Matt tell the border patrol he has?
(a) Crop sharing.
(b) Musical skill.
(c) Medical expertise.
(d) Water purification.
2. Who tells Matt he was harvested from a cow?
(a) Tam Lin.
(d) El Patron.
3. Where does Matt meet Maria before the wedding?
(a) The office.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The secret passage.
(d) The music room.
4. What ruined Fidelito's home?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A tsunami.
(c) A bomb.
(d) A tornado.
5. Who takes Matt to see El Patron when he has a major medical problem?
(d) Tam Lin.
6. Why is Matt sure he will not be used for spare parts?
(a) He is too valuable.
(b) He has been treated so well.
(c) His brain was left intact.
(d) He is not large enough.
7. What does Matt store as he drifts among the groups in the border patrol?
8. What is the first major medical problem Matt sees El Patron face?
(d) Heart attack.
9. Why does Matt recognize the bed he is put on in the hospital?
(a) It has been in his nightmares.
(b) It is pictured in Esperanza's book.
(c) It is where he first met El Patron.
(d) It is where MacGregor's clone was kept.
10. Who is with Ton Ton on the vehicle he drives?
11. What is given to Chacho when he gets out of the bone pit?
12. What shocks Matt when he sees where the eejits are kept?
(a) The number of eejits.
(b) The clothing they wear.
(c) The harsh conditions.
(d) Their blank expressions.
13. What does Matt say about slow people?
(a) They can be trusted.
(b) They are .
(c) They pay close attention.
(d) They have simple methods.
14. What is Fidelito's job for the border patrol?
(a) Weaving llama hair.
(b) Sorting mail.
(c) Making vitamin pills.
(d) Melting bullets.
15. Where did El Patron find Tam Lin?
(a) At the hospital.
(b) At a major corporation.
(c) In prison.
(d) In a poor house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Keepers take every night?
2. How does Maria feel when she learns her mother is still alive?
3. Why does Matt choose to help Fidelito with his border patrol duties?
4. Why does Matt continue on foot once Ton Ton's vehicle dies?
5. How does Tam Lin feel when he hears the advice Matt gives to El Patron?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)