|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does the border patrol give Matt?
(a) Cleaning tools.
(b) Writing addresses.
(c) Making pills.
(d) Sorting beans.
2. What devastates Matt when Tam Lin says goodbye?
(a) He says Celia is an Eejit.
(b) He says they will never meet again.
(c) He says Maria doesn't love him.
(d) He says he doesn't believe in Heaven.
3. How does Jorge say he plans to stop Matt from being an aristocrat?
(a) Moving him to another bunk.
(b) Beating him again.
(c) Removing Fidelito.
(d) Brainwashing him.
4. How does Chacho get out of the bone pit?
(a) Matt pulls him out with a rope.
(b) He makes a ladder out of the bones.
(c) He scales the fence.
(d) Ton Ton uses the shrpimp harvester.
5. Why does Mr. Alacran order Matt to be destroyed?
(a) He has no purpose.
(b) He killed El Patron.
(c) He has no soul.
(d) It is ordered in El Patron's will.
6. What gives Matt an asthma attack?
(a) The fumes from the vehicle.
(b) The dust from the desert.
(c) The smell of the river.
(d) The strain of carrying Chacho.
7. What instrument does El Patron like Matt to play for him?
(a) All of these.
8. What shocks Matt when he sees where the eejits are kept?
(a) The harsh conditions.
(b) Their blank expressions.
(c) The clothing they wear.
(d) The number of eejits.
9. What does Fidelito say is unfair about the border patrol jobs?
(a) Nobody trains them in their jobs.
(b) Sometimes they get beat.
(c) They do not get enough water to work hard.
(d) Everyone has to have the same output.
10. Where did Matt get his ideas about slow people?
(d) Tam Lin.
11. Who does Steven marry?
12. Where is the hospital Chacho is taken to?
(a) The Keepers.
(b) The border patrol.
(c) The Convent.
(d) The opium fields.
13. Who does Tam Lin say showed him the light?
(b) El Patron.
14. What does Matt know he has to hide from everyone in Aztlan?
(a) His knowledge.
(b) His past.
(c) His scar.
(d) His tattoo.
15. What has Celia been giving Matt?
(a) Rat poison.
(b) Scorpion venom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Matt know something is wrong with El Patron after his surgery?
2. How does Carlos punish Chacho?
3. Why is Matt sure he will not be used for spare parts?
4. How many boys go with Matt to San Luis?
5. What does Matt store as he drifts among the groups in the border patrol?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)