|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does El Patron know Matt is getting older?
(a) He gets angry flashes.
(b) He has feelings for Maria.
(c) He needs to shave.
(d) His voice cracks.
2. What has Celia been giving Matt?
(a) Scorpion venom.
(d) Rat poison.
3. What makes Matt cry at the factory?
(a) Seeing a boy die.
(b) Watching a bird fly free.
(c) Thoughts of Tam Lin.
(d) Thinking of Maria.
4. How many boys go with Matt to San Luis?
5. Where is the hospital Chacho is taken to?
(a) The Keepers.
(b) The Convent.
(c) The opium fields.
(d) The border patrol.
6. Why does Matt recognize the bed he is put on in the hospital?
(a) It is pictured in Esperanza's book.
(b) It is where he first met El Patron.
(c) It has been in his nightmares.
(d) It is where MacGregor's clone was kept.
7. Who tells Matt he was harvested from a cow?
(a) El Patron.
(c) Tam Lin.
8. What does Maria tell Matt about when she first sees him before the wedding?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her future.
9. Who arranged Maria's marriage?
(a) El Patron.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her uncle.
10. How does Carlos say he got privileges?
(d) Hard work.
11. What kind of factory is Matt sent to?
(b) Wood curing.
(c) Corn sorting.
(d) Water purification.
12. Where does Matt ask the border patrol to take him?
(a) San Luis.
(b) Mexico City.
13. What ruined Fidelito's home?
(a) A tornado.
(b) A tsunami.
(c) A hurricane.
(d) A bomb.
14. Why has Celia been giving Matt poison?
(a) To shut down his kidneys.
(b) To make him stronger.
(c) To make his heart weak.
(d) To dull his senses.
15. Why is Chacho so weak when he gets out of the bone pit?
(a) He is sleep deprived.
(b) He is dehydrated.
(c) He is injured.
(d) He is starving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tam Lin say showed him the light?
2. What is Fidelito's job for the border patrol?
3. Why does El Patron say it is just for him to survive?
4. Why is Ton Ton given a special privilege?
5. Who does Steven marry?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)