|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Matt given as he is sent to San Luis?
(c) Pill materials.
(d) Plastic strips.
2. Where is the hospital Chacho is taken to?
(a) The opium fields.
(b) The Convent.
(c) The border patrol.
(d) The Keepers.
3. What kind of vehicle does Ton Ton drive?
(a) A hover craft.
(b) A tractor.
(c) A shrimp harvester.
(d) A golf cart.
4. Why is Matt sure he will not be used for spare parts?
(a) He is not large enough.
(b) He is too valuable.
(c) His brain was left intact.
(d) He has been treated so well.
5. Where does Matt ask the border patrol to take him?
(a) Mexico City.
(d) San Luis.
6. Where does Matt stay during the wedding?
(a) His room.
(b) The oasis.
(c) The chapel.
(d) The secret passage.
7. Why does Mr. Alacran order Matt to be destroyed?
(a) He has no purpose.
(b) It is ordered in El Patron's will.
(c) He has no soul.
(d) He killed El Patron.
8. What does Fidelito say is unfair about the border patrol jobs?
(a) Nobody trains them in their jobs.
(b) Everyone has to have the same output.
(c) They do not get enough water to work hard.
(d) Sometimes they get beat.
9. How does Matt know something is wrong with El Patron after his surgery?
(a) He no longer wants to disgrace his enemies.
(b) He asks to see his dead wife.
(c) He wishes to smoke.
(d) He does not recognize Matt.
10. How are Consuela and Guapo related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are aunt and nephew.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) They are married.
11. How does Carlos say he got privileges?
(c) Hard work.
12. How many boys go with Matt to San Luis?
13. What causes Ton Ton's vehicle to shut down?
(a) The terrain gets too rough.
(b) The battery dies.
(c) The sun goes down.
(d) They run out of gas.
14. What kind of bones does Matt find at the factory?
(a) Cow bones.
(b) Human bones.
(c) Dog bones.
(d) Whale bones.
15. What does the border patrol treat Matt like?
(a) A suspect.
(b) A hero.
(c) A guest.
(d) A spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What privilege is Ton Ton given?
2. What does Matt say El Patron should do to feel better?
3. What does Raul's talk about individualism promote?
4. Why does Matt continue on foot once Ton Ton's vehicle dies?
5. How many lives does Celia say El Patron has had?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)