|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranged Maria's marriage?
(a) El Patron.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her father.
2. What do the Keepers take every night?
3. How many lives does Celia say El Patron has had?
4. Where does Matt meet Maria before the wedding?
(a) The office.
(b) The music room.
(c) The secret passage.
(d) The kitchen.
5. What ruined Fidelito's home?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A hurricane.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A tsunami.
6. What does Matt say about slow people?
(a) They are .
(b) They have simple methods.
(c) They pay close attention.
(d) They can be trusted.
7. How does Maria feel when she learns her mother is still alive?
8. Where did Matt get his ideas about slow people?
(d) Tam Lin.
9. What does Fidelito say is unfair about the border patrol jobs?
(a) Nobody trains them in their jobs.
(b) They do not get enough water to work hard.
(c) Sometimes they get beat.
(d) Everyone has to have the same output.
10. What did Fidelito do to keep the Keepers away from Matt?
(a) Locked them up.
(b) Sent them in the wrong direction.
(c) Pretended their officials were coming.
(d) Gave them opium.
11. Where does Matt ask the border patrol to take him?
(c) Mexico City.
(d) San Luis.
12. Why is Chacho so weak when he gets out of the bone pit?
(a) He is starving.
(b) He is injured.
(c) He is dehydrated.
(d) He is sleep deprived.
13. Who spreads a rumor that Matt is fleeing to the U.S.?
(d) Tam Lin.
14. What is the first major medical problem Matt sees El Patron face?
(d) Heart attack.
15. What kind of tanks is Matt put in charge of when he gets to San Luis?
(c) Brine shrimp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the border patrol treat Matt like?
2. What devastates Matt when Tam Lin says goodbye?
3. What causes Ton Ton's vehicle to shut down?
4. What does El Patron say his clones always forget?
5. What is Steven's wedding called?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)