|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first major medical problem Matt sees El Patron face?
(a) Heart attack.
2. How is Matt taken to San Luis?
(a) A bus.
(b) A hovercraft.
(c) A large ship.
(d) An airplane.
3. Why does Matt continue on foot once Ton Ton's vehicle dies?
(a) He is worried Chacho will not survive.
(b) He is worried about night predators.
(c) He is worried that Maria will not be in school anymore.
(d) He is worried the Keepers will find him.
4. What makes the ride to San Luis very stinky?
(a) A sheep poops.
(b) Fidelito vomits.
(c) The food is rotten.
(d) The windows are left open.
5. What does Consuela give Matt when she first meets him?
(a) An inhaler.
(b) Some water.
(c) A bandage.
(d) A pillow.
6. What makes it hard for Matt to focus while Jorge is speaking?
(a) Thoughts of Celia.
(b) Not getting fed enough.
(c) Being so tired.
(d) The pain from his injuries.
7. Why has Celia been giving Matt poison?
(a) To make his heart weak.
(b) To make him stronger.
(c) To dull his senses.
(d) To shut down his kidneys.
8. Where did Matt get the idea for the advice he gives El Patron when he is sick?
(b) Tam Lin.
(c) St. Francis.
(d) A book about farming.
9. What does Matt say about slow people?
(a) They can be trusted.
(b) They have simple methods.
(c) They are .
(d) They pay close attention.
10. How does Chacho get out of the bone pit?
(a) He makes a ladder out of the bones.
(b) He scales the fence.
(c) Ton Ton uses the shrpimp harvester.
(d) Matt pulls him out with a rope.
11. What kind of tanks is Matt put in charge of when he gets to San Luis?
(d) Brine shrimp.
12. What kind of factory is Matt sent to?
(a) Water purification.
(c) Wood curing.
(d) Corn sorting.
13. How does Matt know something is wrong with El Patron after his surgery?
(a) He does not recognize Matt.
(b) He wishes to smoke.
(c) He no longer wants to disgrace his enemies.
(d) He asks to see his dead wife.
14. What does Matt say El Patron should do to feel better?
(a) Give to the poor.
(b) Slow down the crop.
(c) Be kind to the eejits.
(d) Plant a different crop.
15. What is Steven's wedding called?
(a) The Blood Wedding.
(b) The Arranged Wedding.
(c) The Drug Wedding.
(d) The Truce Wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Matt to see El Patron when he has a major medical problem?
2. Why is a rumor spread that Matt is fleeing to the U.S.?
3. What is Fidelito's job for the border patrol?
4. What job does the border patrol give Matt?
5. Why does Matt recognize the bed he is put on in the hospital?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)