|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chacho get out of the bone pit?
(a) Matt pulls him out with a rope.
(b) Ton Ton uses the shrpimp harvester.
(c) He makes a ladder out of the bones.
(d) He scales the fence.
2. What does Consuela give Matt when she first meets him?
(a) A bandage.
(b) A pillow.
(c) An inhaler.
(d) Some water.
3. What causes Ton Ton's vehicle to shut down?
(a) They run out of gas.
(b) The sun goes down.
(c) The terrain gets too rough.
(d) The battery dies.
4. Why does Mr. Alacran order Matt to be destroyed?
(a) It is ordered in El Patron's will.
(b) He has no purpose.
(c) He killed El Patron.
(d) He has no soul.
5. What kind of bones does Matt find at the factory?
(a) Human bones.
(b) Dog bones.
(c) Cow bones.
(d) Whale bones.
6. What devastates Matt when Tam Lin says goodbye?
(a) He says he doesn't believe in Heaven.
(b) He says they will never meet again.
(c) He says Maria doesn't love him.
(d) He says Celia is an Eejit.
7. Why has Celia been giving Matt poison?
(a) To shut down his kidneys.
(b) To dull his senses.
(c) To make his heart weak.
(d) To make him stronger.
8. Who does Tam Lin say showed him the light?
(d) El Patron.
9. Where does Matt hide to watch the wedding guests arrive?
(a) In the alcove.
(b) In the secret passage.
(c) Behind a pillar.
(d) Behind a curtain.
10. What does Fidelito say is unfair about the border patrol jobs?
(a) Sometimes they get beat.
(b) Nobody trains them in their jobs.
(c) Everyone has to have the same output.
(d) They do not get enough water to work hard.
11. How are Consuela and Guapo related?
(a) They are siblings.
(b) They are married.
(c) They are aunt and nephew.
(d) They are cousins.
12. Why is Ton Ton given a special privilege?
(a) He is the best at telling secrets of the boys.
(b) He is the smallest boy.
(c) He has been there the longest.
(d) The Keepers think he is stupid.
13. Who is Maria arranged to marry?
(a) Tam Lin.
14. What does Matt say El Patron should do to feel better?
(a) Plant a different crop.
(b) Give to the poor.
(c) Be kind to the eejits.
(d) Slow down the crop.
15. What does Raul's talk about individualism promote?
(b) Team work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ruined Fidelito's home?
2. How does Jorge say he plans to stop Matt from being an aristocrat?
3. What does Matt say about slow people?
4. Where does Matt stay during the wedding?
5. Who tells Matt he was harvested from a cow?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)