|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria tell Matt about when she first sees him before the wedding?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her future.
2. What devastates Matt when Tam Lin says goodbye?
(a) He says Celia is an Eejit.
(b) He says they will never meet again.
(c) He says he doesn't believe in Heaven.
(d) He says Maria doesn't love him.
3. What does El Patron say his clones always forget?
(a) The reason for their existence.
(b) The happy years he gave them.
(c) All of these.
(d) Their true identity.
4. Why does Matt recognize the bed he is put on in the hospital?
(a) It is pictured in Esperanza's book.
(b) It is where MacGregor's clone was kept.
(c) It has been in his nightmares.
(d) It is where he first met El Patron.
5. Who tells Matt he was harvested from a cow?
(a) El Patron.
(c) Tam Lin.
6. Why does El Patron say it is just for him to survive?
(a) His parents left him.
(b) So many people depend on him.
(c) All his siblings died.
(d) He made himself strong.
7. What does Matt say about slow people?
(a) They have simple methods.
(b) They are .
(c) They pay close attention.
(d) They can be trusted.
8. Where did Matt get his ideas about slow people?
(b) Tam Lin.
9. Why is Ton Ton given a special privilege?
(a) He is the smallest boy.
(b) The Keepers think he is stupid.
(c) He has been there the longest.
(d) He is the best at telling secrets of the boys.
10. Why is Chacho so weak when he gets out of the bone pit?
(a) He is sleep deprived.
(b) He is starving.
(c) He is dehydrated.
(d) He is injured.
11. What is Matt given as he is sent to San Luis?
(b) Pill materials.
(d) Plastic strips.
12. Where did El Patron find Tam Lin?
(a) At the hospital.
(b) In prison.
(c) In a poor house.
(d) At a major corporation.
13. What causes Ton Ton's vehicle to shut down?
(a) The sun goes down.
(b) They run out of gas.
(c) The battery dies.
(d) The terrain gets too rough.
14. Why does El Patron get mad at the advice Matt gives him?
(a) He has not taught him well enough.
(b) He will not be as profitable.
(c) He does not want to be seen as weak.
(d) He never gives anything away.
15. Why is a rumor spread that Matt is fleeing to the U.S.?
(a) Matt is accused of another murder.
(b) Matt learns he will have to donate a kidney to El Patron.
(c) Maria's arranged marriage falls apart.
(d) El Patron needs a heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saw Matt's tatoo?
2. What skill does Matt tell the border patrol he has?
3. What does the border patrol treat Matt like?
4. What do the Keepers take every night?
5. What does Raul compare individualism to?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)