|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Eduardo not want to work?
(a) The storage.
(b) The farm.
(c) The lab.
(d) The city.
2. Why is a real teacher not hired for Matt?
(a) El Patron wants Matt kept a secret.
(b) He has been too sick.
(c) Outsiders are not allowed at the ranch.
(d) No one will teach a clone.
3. Why can't Matt go away to school?
(a) He has been too sick.
(b) No school will accept a clone.
(c) The schools are all filled.
(d) El Patron wants Matt kept a secret.
4. What does Maria say happens when El Patron owns something?
(a) He coddles it.
(b) He never lets it go.
(c) He makes it hate him.
(d) He makes it dependant on him.
5. What does Rosa tell Matt not to do as she leads him across the courtyard?
(a) Act stupid.
(b) Talk about her.
6. What does Maria do with her gift for Matt?
(a) Gives it to El Patron.
(b) Hides it.
(c) Puts it in his room.
(d) Throws it away.
7. Where does Matt meet Maria after their experience at the hospital?
(a) Her balcony.
(b) The Lotus Pond.
(c) The kitchens.
(d) His closet.
8. Why is Matt so upset about what he saw at the hospital?
(a) It made Maria sad.
(b) It conjured up memories of the past.
(c) He has never seen another clone.
(d) He has never seen so much blood.
9. Who takes Maria away from the birthday party?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Tam Lin.
10. How does Matt plan to make Maria talk to him after their experience at the hospital?
(a) He will kidnap her cat.
(b) He will leave her a note.
(c) He will sneak into her room.
(d) He will draw her a picture.
11. Where is Matt operated on?
(a) The front yard.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The servant's quarters.
(d) Celia's house.
12. Who gets mad at Maria for sleeping with Matt?
(a) The doctor.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
13. How does Tam Lin celebrate that Matt is talking again?
(a) He gives him a gift.
(b) He takes him for a picnic.
(c) He lets him call El Patron.
(d) He takes him for a drive.
14. What makes Maria mad when she first sees Matt?
(a) He is short.
(b) He does not talk.
(c) He is locked up.
(d) He is not handsome.
15. What is Matt accused of when he meets with Maria after their experience at the hospital?
(a) Stealing Maria's books.
(b) Fighting with Tom.
(c) Killing Maria's cat.
(d) Manipulating Maria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who killed Furball?
2. How does Maria show Matt that she forgives him?
3. What is Eduardo worried about at the beginning of the book?
4. Why does Matt fix what he does to Tom's place card at the birthday party?
5. What does Matt tell Maria about while he eats his food?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)