|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Matt go away to school?
(a) El Patron wants Matt kept a secret.
(b) No school will accept a clone.
(c) The schools are all filled.
(d) He has been too sick.
2. What does El Patron tell his family about Matt?
(a) He is to be seen as a brother.
(b) He is their new boss and commander.
(c) He is the future of the dynasty.
(d) He is the most important person in his life.
3. How does Tam Lin celebrate that Matt is talking again?
(a) He gives him a gift.
(b) He lets him call El Patron.
(c) He takes him for a picnic.
(d) He takes him for a drive.
4. What is Willum's occupation?
(b) Body guard.
5. Where does Matt meet Maria after their experience at the hospital?
(a) The Lotus Pond.
(b) Her balcony.
(c) The kitchens.
(d) His closet.
6. What does Maria say made her forgive Matt?
(a) She read about St. Francis.
(b) She talked to Tom.
(c) She had a dream about Matt.
(d) She thought back over all the kind things Matt had done.
7. How does Matt feel when he sees Maria's gift to him?
8. Who gets mad at Maria for sleeping with Matt?
(a) The doctor.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
9. What is Rosa's position?
10. How does Maria show Matt that she forgives him?
(a) She writes him a note.
(b) She defends him at the funeral.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She holds his hand.
11. What does Tam Lin like to teach Matt about?
(b) El Patron.
12. What does Rosa threaten to do to Matt as she leads him across the courtyard?
(a) Beat him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Starve him.
(d) Sell him.
13. Who does Matt hope will rescue him while he is out on the lawn?
(c) El Patron.
14. What gave El Patron his desire to survive?
(a) Watching his siblings die.
(b) Working in a hospital.
(c) Going to church.
(d) Reading mythology.
15. Why does someone object to Matt being at El Viejo's funeral?
(a) He caused the death.
(b) He is an animal.
(c) He is dirty.
(d) He will cause a scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Matt so upset about what he saw at the hospital?
2. Why does Steven say Matt is different from others of his kind?
3. What does Steven say Matt is?
4. What does Eduardo try to use to blunt the intelligence of the specimen at the beginning of the book?
5. Who demands that Matt be at El Viejo's funeral?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)