|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is El Patron from?
2. Where does Eduardo not want to work?
(a) The city.
(b) The farm.
(c) The lab.
(d) The storage.
3. Who does Matt talk to about what he saw at the hospital?
(a) El Patron.
(c) Tam Lin.
4. Who takes Maria away from the birthday party?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Tam Lin.
(d) Her father.
5. What gave El Patron his desire to survive?
(a) Watching his siblings die.
(b) Working in a hospital.
(c) Going to church.
(d) Reading mythology.
6. Why can't Matt go away to school?
(a) El Patron wants Matt kept a secret.
(b) The schools are all filled.
(c) He has been too sick.
(d) No school will accept a clone.
7. Who owns what Matt saw at the hospital?
(d) El Patron.
8. Where is Celia's new apartment?
(a) At the big house.
(b) Near the city.
(c) In the fields.
(d) In the school.
9. Who reports how Matt has been kept?
10. Where did Celia learn to cook?
(a) A factory.
(b) An orphanage.
(c) A hospital.
(d) Cooking school.
11. What does Tam Lin leave at the oasis for Matt?
(a) A time capsule.
(b) A book.
(c) A large box.
(d) A machine.
12. What injury does Matt sustain when he gets out of his house for the first time?
(a) Bruised knees.
(b) Cut feet.
(c) Sprained ankle.
(d) Dislocated shoulder.
13. What does El Patron tell his family about Matt?
(a) He is to be seen as a brother.
(b) He is their new boss and commander.
(c) He is the most important person in his life.
(d) He is the future of the dynasty.
14. What title does Mr. Mendoza hold?
15. How does Maria show Matt that she forgives him?
(a) She holds his hand.
(b) She writes him a note.
(c) She defends him at the funeral.
(d) She kisses him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Felicia tell Matt to meet Maria after the party?
2. What makes Matt feel special after talking about what he saw at the hospital?
3. What does Rosa get mad at Matt for?
4. Why do children discover Matt?
5. What does the doctor say Matt suffers from when Matt is with the old man?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)