|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury does Matt sustain when he gets out of his house for the first time?
(a) Sprained ankle.
(b) Bruised knees.
(c) Cut feet.
(d) Dislocated shoulder.
2. What does Rosa get mad at Matt for?
(a) Endangering Maria.
(b) Giving her extra duties.
(c) Taking Willum away from her.
(d) Killing her best friend.
3. What is Tam Lin's job?
(b) Body guard.
4. Who objects to Matt being at El Viejo's funeral?
(a) The priest.
(c) Tam Lin.
5. Who assures Matt as he enters the old man's room?
6. What does Maria apologize to Matt for in the secret passage?
(a) Not believing him.
(b) Thinking he was unholy.
(c) Slapping him.
(d) Not writing back to him.
7. How does Matt get out of his house for the first time?
(a) He knocks down the door.
(b) He uses the crawl space.
(c) He shatters a window.
(d) He goes up the chimney.
8. Where does Matt meet Maria after their experience at the hospital?
(a) The Lotus Pond.
(b) Her balcony.
(c) His closet.
(d) The kitchens.
9. What does El Patron tell his family about Matt?
(a) He is the most important person in his life.
(b) He is to be seen as a brother.
(c) He is the future of the dynasty.
(d) He is their new boss and commander.
10. What does Eduardo try to use to blunt the intelligence of the specimen at the beginning of the book?
(a) A brush.
(b) A needle.
(c) A pair of tweezers.
(d) A prong.
11. Who is forbidden from seeing Matt while he is operated on?
(b) El Patron.
12. What does Tam Lin like to teach Matt about?
(c) El Patron.
13. What does Maria do with her gift for Matt?
(a) Hides it.
(b) Gives it to El Patron.
(c) Puts it in his room.
(d) Throws it away.
14. Where is Celia from?
15. Where is Matt operated on?
(a) The servant's quarters.
(b) Celia's house.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The front yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Eduardo told not to blunt the intelligence of the specimen?
2. Why does Celia tell Matt about her past?
3. Who does Steven say made Matt different from others of his kind?
4. What does Matt force Maria to do at the birthday party?
5. What does Matt learn from?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)