|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Matt operated on?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The servant's quarters.
(c) The front yard.
(d) Celia's house.
2. Why does Matt force his way out of his house for the first time?
(a) To find his stuffed animal.
(b) To help Maria.
(c) To run away.
(d) To play with the children.
3. Where is the oasis?
(a) Near the border.
(b) At the outpost.
(c) In the fields.
(d) In the desert.
4. How does El Patron rate how much people love him?
(a) By their obedience.
(b) By the size of their gifts.
(c) By the way they look at him.
(d) By how much time they spend with him.
5. What is Eduardo worried about at the beginning of the book?
(b) A cow.
(c) His machine.
(d) El Patron.
6. What does Rosa threaten to do to Matt as she leads him across the courtyard?
(a) Starve him.
(b) Sell him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Beat him.
7. Who killed Furball?
(a) El Patron.
8. What does El Patron tell his family about Matt?
(a) He is the most important person in his life.
(b) He is to be seen as a brother.
(c) He is the future of the dynasty.
(d) He is their new boss and commander.
9. What is Matt accused of when he meets with Maria after their experience at the hospital?
(a) Killing Maria's cat.
(b) Manipulating Maria.
(c) Fighting with Tom.
(d) Stealing Maria's books.
10. What is inside what Tam Lin left at the oasis for Matt?
(a) Survival instructions.
(b) His story and research.
(d) A place to hide.
11. Where does Eduardo not want to work?
(a) The storage.
(b) The city.
(c) The farm.
(d) The lab.
12. How old is Matt when he meets Tam Lin?
13. Where is Celia from?
14. What does Maria say made her forgive Matt?
(a) She read about St. Francis.
(b) She had a dream about Matt.
(c) She thought back over all the kind things Matt had done.
(d) She talked to Tom.
15. Who does Matt hope will rescue him while he is out on the lawn?
(c) El Patron.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Steven say Matt is different from others of his kind?
2. What is Eduardo working with at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Matt tell Maria about while he eats his food?
4. Why is Matt so upset about what he saw at the hospital?
5. Who lives with Matt at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)