|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Matt force his way out of his house for the first time?
(a) To help Maria.
(b) To find his stuffed animal.
(c) To play with the children.
(d) To run away.
2. What does Tam Lin leave at the oasis for Matt?
(a) A large box.
(b) A machine.
(c) A book.
(d) A time capsule.
3. Why is Matt so upset about what he saw at the hospital?
(a) He has never seen another clone.
(b) It conjured up memories of the past.
(c) It made Maria sad.
(d) He has never seen so much blood.
4. What does Matt do to Tom's place card at the birthday party?
(a) Changes the name.
(b) Moves it to the baby table.
(c) Draws a picture on it.
(d) Puts it in his pocket.
5. Who does Steven say made Matt different from others of his kind?
(a) El Patron.
(b) Tim Pan.
6. What is Eduardo worried about at the beginning of the book?
(a) A cow.
(b) His machine.
(d) El Patron.
7. What does Rosa get mad at Matt for?
(a) Giving her extra duties.
(b) Endangering Maria.
(c) Taking Willum away from her.
(d) Killing her best friend.
8. Why does Matt fix what he does to Tom's place card at the birthday party?
(a) Tam Lin laughs at him.
(b) He doesn't want Rosa to get in trouble.
(c) Maria gets mad.
(d) El Patron eyes him.
9. Why does Maria decide to spend the night with Matt?
(a) She doesn't have another room.
(b) She doesn't want him to be scared.
(c) She is leaving the next day.
(d) She doesn't want to be eaten by monsters.
10. What is Willum's occupation?
(d) Body guard.
11. What does Matt like to hide behind?
(a) Potted plants.
(c) Air ducts.
12. Where does Matt meet Maria after their experience at the hospital?
(a) The kitchens.
(b) The Lotus Pond.
(c) Her balcony.
(d) His closet.
13. Who assures Matt as he enters the old man's room?
14. How does Matt plan to make Maria talk to him after their experience at the hospital?
(a) He will sneak into her room.
(b) He will leave her a note.
(c) He will draw her a picture.
(d) He will kidnap her cat.
15. Who demands that Matt be at El Viejo's funeral?
(b) El Patron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matt tell Maria about while he eats his food?
2. Who lives with Matt at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Steven say Matt is?
4. Why does someone object to Matt being at El Viejo's funeral?
5. Why does Steven say Matt is different from others of his kind?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)