|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Willum's occupation?
(b) Body guard.
2. What does Maria do with her gift for Matt?
(a) Gives it to El Patron.
(b) Puts it in his room.
(c) Throws it away.
(d) Hides it.
3. Who does Matt hope will rescue him while he is out on the lawn?
(c) El Patron.
4. Why can't Matt go away to school?
(a) El Patron wants Matt kept a secret.
(b) No school will accept a clone.
(c) The schools are all filled.
(d) He has been too sick.
5. How long has Matt been kept like a wild animal?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 5 months.
6. How does Tam Lin celebrate that Matt is talking again?
(a) He takes him for a picnic.
(b) He lets him call El Patron.
(c) He gives him a gift.
(d) He takes him for a drive.
7. Who assures Matt as he enters the old man's room?
8. Why does someone object to Matt being at El Viejo's funeral?
(a) He is an animal.
(b) He caused the death.
(c) He will cause a scene.
(d) He is dirty.
9. Why does Celia tell Matt about her past?
(a) She needs Matt to understand.
(b) She plans to ask Matt for help.
(c) She wants to talk about it.
(d) She thinks he will get in less trouble.
10. Who takes Maria away from the birthday party?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Tam Lin.
(d) Her father.
11. Where is Celia's new apartment?
(a) Near the city.
(b) In the fields.
(c) In the school.
(d) At the big house.
12. Why does Steven say Matt is different from others of his kind?
(a) He is full-grown.
(b) He is living on the ranch.
(c) He has the ability to speak.
(d) His mind is intact.
13. What does Matt learn from?
(a) The TV.
(b) All of these.
14. What is Eduardo working with at the beginning of the book?
(a) An orthoscope.
(b) A telescope.
(c) A petroscope.
(d) A microscope.
15. What is Tam Lin's job?
(c) Body guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steven say Matt is?
2. What kind of toy does Matt sleep with?
3. Who does Matt talk to about what he saw at the hospital?
4. What does a coyote man do?
5. Where did Celia learn to cook?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)