|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria do with her gift for Matt?
(a) Hides it.
(b) Gives it to El Patron.
(c) Throws it away.
(d) Puts it in his room.
2. Why does Matt fix what he does to Tom's place card at the birthday party?
(a) Tam Lin laughs at him.
(b) Maria gets mad.
(c) El Patron eyes him.
(d) He doesn't want Rosa to get in trouble.
3. What causes Matt to go to the oasis alone?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is curious.
(c) He is lonely.
(d) He is bored.
4. Who does Matt hope will rescue him while he is out on the lawn?
(d) El Patron.
5. Who demands that Matt be at El Viejo's funeral?
(c) El Patron.
6. Who takes Maria away from the birthday party?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Tam Lin.
7. Why does Matt force his way out of his house for the first time?
(a) To find his stuffed animal.
(b) To run away.
(c) To help Maria.
(d) To play with the children.
8. What is an eejit?
(a) A robot.
(b) A person with a computer chip in their head.
(c) A sterilized clone.
(d) A hologram.
9. Where does Matt meet Maria after their experience at the hospital?
(a) His closet.
(b) The Lotus Pond.
(c) Her balcony.
(d) The kitchens.
10. How does Tam Lin celebrate that Matt is talking again?
(a) He takes him for a picnic.
(b) He lets him call El Patron.
(c) He gives him a gift.
(d) He takes him for a drive.
11. What does Eduardo try to use to blunt the intelligence of the specimen at the beginning of the book?
(a) A prong.
(b) A pair of tweezers.
(c) A brush.
(d) A needle.
12. Who lives with Matt at the beginning of the book?
13. What does Matt force Maria to do at the birthday party?
(a) Hug him.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Give him a gift.
(d) Sit by him.
14. How does Maria show Matt that she forgives him?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She writes him a note.
(c) She defends him at the funeral.
(d) She holds his hand.
15. What does Maria apologize to Matt for in the secret passage?
(a) Not believing him.
(b) Not writing back to him.
(c) Slapping him.
(d) Thinking he was unholy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did St. Francis take to church one day?
2. Where does Eduardo not want to work?
3. Where is Celia's new apartment?
4. What does the doctor say Matt suffers from when Matt is with the old man?
5. How many siblings did El Patron have?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)