|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tam Lin leave at the oasis for Matt?
(a) A large box.
(b) A machine.
(c) A book.
(d) A time capsule.
2. What did St. Francis take to church one day?
(a) A rooster.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A cat.
(d) A horse.
3. What does Rosa tell Matt not to do as she leads him across the courtyard?
(b) Talk about her.
(c) Act stupid.
4. Who owns what Matt saw at the hospital?
(c) El Patron.
5. Who demands that Matt be at El Viejo's funeral?
(b) El Patron.
6. Where is Matt operated on?
(a) The servant's quarters.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Celia's house.
(d) The front yard.
7. What is Maria's gift to Matt?
(d) A poem.
8. How many siblings did El Patron have?
9. Who makes Matt talk again?
(a) Tam Lin.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The teacher.
10. Why can't Matt go away to school?
(a) El Patron wants Matt kept a secret.
(b) He has been too sick.
(c) The schools are all filled.
(d) No school will accept a clone.
11. What does a coyote man do?
(a) Sets fire to buildings for pay.
(b) Smuggles people to the U.S.
(c) Manages prostitutes.
(d) Sells opium.
12. How does Matt plan to make Maria talk to him after their experience at the hospital?
(a) He will leave her a note.
(b) He will kidnap her cat.
(c) He will draw her a picture.
(d) He will sneak into her room.
13. Who lives with Matt at the beginning of the book?
14. Why does Matt force his way out of his house for the first time?
(a) To help Maria.
(b) To run away.
(c) To play with the children.
(d) To find his stuffed animal.
15. What kind of cells is Matt made from?
(a) Skin cells.
(b) Brain cells.
(c) Reproductive cells.
(d) Liver cells.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria say made her forgive Matt?
2. Who killed Furball?
3. Who does Matt hope will rescue him while he is out on the lawn?
4. What kind of toy does Matt sleep with?
5. What does Maria do with her gift for Matt?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)