|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is a real teacher not hired for Matt?
(a) He has been too sick.
(b) El Patron wants Matt kept a secret.
(c) No one will teach a clone.
(d) Outsiders are not allowed at the ranch.
2. Who gets mad at Maria for sleeping with Matt?
(b) The doctor.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
3. Why do children discover Matt?
(a) He left the house.
(b) They follow his footsteps.
(c) Some rumors were told.
(d) They hear him crying.
4. Where does Eduardo not want to work?
(a) The farm.
(b) The city.
(c) The storage.
(d) The lab.
5. Why can't Matt go away to school?
(a) The schools are all filled.
(b) He has been too sick.
(c) El Patron wants Matt kept a secret.
(d) No school will accept a clone.
6. What does Matt like to hide behind?
(b) Air ducts.
(c) Potted plants.
7. What did St. Francis take to church one day?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A cat.
(c) A rooster.
(d) A horse.
8. How does Maria show Matt that she forgives him?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She defends him at the funeral.
(c) She holds his hand.
(d) She writes him a note.
9. Who owns what Matt saw at the hospital?
(a) El Patron.
10. Where is El Patron from?
11. Who does Steven say made Matt different from others of his kind?
(a) Tim Pan.
(d) El Patron.
12. How does Matt get out of his house for the first time?
(a) He shatters a window.
(b) He uses the crawl space.
(c) He knocks down the door.
(d) He goes up the chimney.
13. What does Tam Lin like to teach Matt about?
(b) El Patron.
14. What does Matt do to Tom's place card at the birthday party?
(a) Puts it in his pocket.
(b) Draws a picture on it.
(c) Changes the name.
(d) Moves it to the baby table.
15. What makes Matt feel special after talking about what he saw at the hospital?
(a) He has been spared.
(b) He is still alive.
(c) He knows how to win Maria.
(d) He is the only one of his kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Celia tell Matt about her past?
2. Who assures Matt as he enters the old man's room?
3. Why is Eduardo told not to blunt the intelligence of the specimen?
4. How many siblings did El Patron have?
5. What is Eduardo working with at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)