|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dwight Morrow is appointed Ambassador to what country by President Coolidge?
2. When is the Glass Steagall Act enacted?
3. The 1935 Wheeler subcommittee hearings involve banker involvement in what industry?
(b) Electric utilities.
4. When does England go off the gold standard?
5. When is the Richard Whitney and Company suspended from the stock exchange?
(a) March 7, 1938.
(b) December 7, 1938.
(c) October 4, 1938.
(d) January 3, 1938.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the new Morgan Stanley office open?
2. Pierpont arranges the financing for the purchase of what from France?
3. Why does Jack Morgan begin to sell pieces of his collection?
4. When does Morrow die?
5. President Hoover believes that there was a Wall Street conspiracy against him that is engaging in what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the US credibility in London and European markets depend on?
2. Why does Father Charles E. Coughlin, a radio priest of the time, attack the banking industry?
3. Even when Mussolini is criticized for his violent tactics, who seems to side with Mussolini and why?
4. In 1936 what causes the Congressional hearings into the bankers' role in World War I?
5. What is the Glass Steagall Act?
6. What are holding companies and are the Morgans involved?
7. What financial deal makes Junius Morgan a force in the banking world?
8. By the year 1900, Morgan has come to control most of what transportation industry and why?
9. How do the Morgan partners come to finance Lindbergh's Spirit of St. Louis flight?
10. What is the general economic status in the United States when the book opens in 1835?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)