|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With regard to his philanthropic goals, what does Jack Morgan collect?
(a) Original manuscripts dated before the 1700s.
(b) Original manuscripts dated before the 1500s.
(c) Paintings from the 1700s.
(d) Paintings from the 1500s.
2. Where is Pierpont when the stock market panic of October 1907 begins?
(a) At his office.
(b) At the New York stock exchange.
(c) At a religious covention.
(d) At the Pujo hearings.
3. In 1898 where doesJack Morgan work?
(c) New York.
4. When does the stock market hit bottom?
5. Why does Mussolini invade Ethopia?
(a) To build an East African empire.
(b) To help Hitler.
(c) To settle a dispute with Ethopia.
(d) To get supplie for Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morgan help Pope Pius Xi to do?
2. What political office does Dwight Morrow run for and win?
3. When is the Richard Whitney and Company suspended from the stock exchange?
4. Who decides to open an investment house called Morgan Stanley?
5. The US credibility in London and European markets depends on the dollar's convertibility into what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who outmaneuvers Morgan Grenfell on the British Aluminum deal?
2. What is the SEC new Rule 415?
3. What happens at the Paris office, called Morgan et Compagnie, when the Nazis try to force them to accept Nazi deposits?
4. What is the Glass Steagall Act?
5. How big is the trust operation of Morgan Guaranty after its merger?
6. What does Morgan Grenfell do when Morgan Guaranty enters investment banking in London and sells its one third interest in Morgan Grenfell?
7. By the year 1900, Morgan has come to control most of what transportation industry and why?
8. What causes a Wall Street panic in 1873?
9. After Britain goes off the gold standard in 1919, who wants them back on the gold standard and why?
10. What happens at the Bretton Woods conference in 1944?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)