|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Pierpont dies, who becomes the Morgan's manager on a day-to-day basis?
(a) John Adams.
(b) George Perkins.
(c) Harry Davison.
(d) Jack Morgan.
2. What does Morgan help Pope Pius Xi to do?
(a) Arrange a conference with Mussolini.
(b) Restore Vatican manuscripts.
(c) Arrange a loan.
(d) Understand the US financial position.
3. In what type of business does Junius Morgan begin his career?
4. When does the Morgan partner S. Parker Gilbert die?
5. What did the Young Plan deal with?
(a) British loans.
(b) German reparation payments.
(c) Repayment of Mexico's debts.
(d) United States railroads.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of Morgan business deals with common stock issues in the 1920s?
2. What percentage of General Motors Company does the House of Morgan own when the company is formed?
3. Which Morgan partner is serving as banker to Japan?
4. Who assumes a leadership role at the House of Morgan when Henry Davis dies?
5. How much money are Morgan partners rumored to make in a year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Even when Mussolini is criticized for his violent tactics, who seems to side with Mussolini and why?
2. At the end of World War I, what is the role of the United States and the Morgans with respect to the world financial markets?
3. When World War I begins, what are the positions of the US government and the House of Morgan?
4. Who represents Germany at the Paris conference where the Young Plan is adopted and why does he resign from the Reichsbank?
5. What causes a Wall Street panic in 1873?
6. In 1924 what are the House of Morgan ties with the candidates?
7. By the year 1900, Morgan has come to control most of what transportation industry and why?
8. In 1936 what causes the Congressional hearings into the bankers' role in World War I?
9. Why do the Morgans survive the crash of 1929?
10. What major merger occurrs as a result of the big dive in the stock and commodity markets in October 1939?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)