|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of business does Junius Morgan begin his career?
2. Who does Parker Gilbert's wife marry after his death?
(a) Jack Morgan.
(b) Robert Young.
(c) Harold Stanley.
(d) Morgan Stanley.
3. Why does Jack Morgan begin to sell pieces of his collection?
(a) To put his estate in order.
(b) To go on a cruise.
(c) To continue his life style.
(d) To give the House of Morgan some cash.
4. What country was the Dawes Plan devised to help?
5. Who introduces obligatory military service to Germany in the 1930s?
(d) The Secretary of the Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to open an investment house called Morgan Stanley?
2. Where is the command post of the Morgan empire?
3. Who is kidnapped five months after Morrow dies?
4. Pierpont arranges the financing for the purchase of what from France?
5. When was the Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act enacted?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of World War I, what is the role of the United States and the Morgans with respect to the world financial markets?
2. How do the Morgan partners come to finance Lindbergh's Spirit of St. Louis flight?
3. What major merger occurrs as a result of the big dive in the stock and commodity markets in October 1939?
4. Why are loans made to Latin American countries considered risky?
5. What are holding companies and are the Morgans involved?
6. What is the Glass Steagall Act?
7. What is the general economic status in the United States when the book opens in 1835?
8. What causes a Wall Street panic in 1873?
9. By the year 1900, Morgan has come to control most of what transportation industry and why?
10. After Britain goes off the gold standard in 1919, who wants them back on the gold standard and why?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)