|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who assumes a leadership role at the House of Morgan when Henry Davis dies?
(a) Louis Brandeis.
(b) Charles Mellon.
(c) George Peabody.
(d) Tom Lamont.
2. President Hoover believes that there was a Wall Street conspiracy against him that is engaging in what?
(a) Selling secrets.
(b) Selling loans.
(c) Short selling.
(d) Long selling.
3. When do the Morgans purchase 23 Wall Street?
4. In the 1924 presidential election what candidate does the House of Morgan have ties with?
(a) John Davis.
(b) Neither candidate.
(c) Calvin Coolidge.
(d) Both candidates.
5. Where does Jack buy property for the Morgan Memorial Park as a memorial for Jessie?
(c) Glen Cove.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1936 there were Congressional hearings on the role of the bankers in what?
2. When is the Glass Steagall Act enacted?
3. Who opposes Mussolini in the press?
4. After Pierpont dies, who becomes the Morgan's manager on a day-to-day basis?
5. Who is the financial wizard of Nazi Germany during the 1930s?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Father Charles E. Coughlin, a radio priest of the time, attack the banking industry?
2. Why are loans made to Latin American countries considered risky?
3. What is the general economic status in the United States when the book opens in 1835?
4. When World War I begins, what are the positions of the US government and the House of Morgan?
5. What is the turning point for when the House of Morgan surpasses the House of Rothschilds?
6. What are holding companies and are the Morgans involved?
7. After Britain goes off the gold standard in 1919, who wants them back on the gold standard and why?
8. What is the Glass Steagall Act?
9. How do the Morgan partners come to finance Lindbergh's Spirit of St. Louis flight?
10. What causes a Wall Street panic in 1873?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)