|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peabody bring Morgan in as a partner?
(a) Because Morgan is wealthy.
(b) Because the Queen likes Morgan.
(c) Because Peabody has no heirs.
(d) Because Peabody and Morgan are good friends.
2. The Glass Steagall Act resulted in the separation of commercial banking from what?
(a) The stock exchange.
(b) Offering loans.
(c) Investment banking.
(d) Selling stocks.
3. The Northern Securities Company is a holding company for what?
(c) Credit firms.
(d) Investment firms.
4. In what type of business does Junius Morgan begin his career?
5. When is the Glass Steagall Act enacted?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the bomb, attributed to anarchists, explode outside Morgan's Wall Street building?
2. Morgan becomes involved with European reconstruction when it helps with a loan to what country?
3. What percentage of Morgan business deals with common stock issues in the 1920s?
4. What did the Young Plan deal with?
5. Where is the Morgan ancestral home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act?
2. In 1934 why does Lamont stop supporting Japan?
3. What are the Pujo hearings and what do they conclude?
4. What causes a feud between the two Morgan partners, Morrow and Lamont?
5. What does the US credibility in London and European markets depend on?
6. What major merger occurrs as a result of the big dive in the stock and commodity markets in October 1939?
7. At the end of World War I, what is the role of the United States and the Morgans with respect to the world financial markets?
8. What is the Reconstruction Finance Corporation?
9. How do the Morgan partners come to finance Lindbergh's Spirit of St. Louis flight?
10. Why do the Morgans survive the crash of 1929?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)