|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Young Plan deal with?
(a) British loans.
(b) German reparation payments.
(c) Repayment of Mexico's debts.
(d) United States railroads.
2. Who filled Pierpont Morgan's role at the bankers' meeting to discuss the Crash?
(a) Owen Young.
(b) Dwight Morrow.
(c) Jack Morgan.
(d) Tom Lamont.
3. When does England go off the gold standard?
4. What percentage of General Motors Company does the House of Morgan own when the company is formed?
5. When is the Glass Steagall Act enacted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of Morgan business deals with common stock issues in the 1920s?
2. When does Hitler become chancellor in Germany?
3. What depletes England of gold?
4. In the 1924 presidential election what candidate does the House of Morgan have ties with?
5. What country was the Dawes Plan devised to help?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the first two crises that Jack Morgan faces after his father's death?
2. In 1938 what scandal begins to emerge?
3. Even when Mussolini is criticized for his violent tactics, who seems to side with Mussolini and why?
4. What are the immediate results of the stock market panic in October 1907 and what is Morgan's role?
5. What is the turning point for when the House of Morgan surpasses the House of Rothschilds?
6. What is the Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act?
7. What is the Glass Steagall Act?
8. How does the Morgan firm restructure as a result of the Glass Steagall Act?
9. Why does Father Charles E. Coughlin, a radio priest of the time, attack the banking industry?
10. By the year 1900, Morgan has come to control most of what transportation industry and why?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)