|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money are Morgan partners rumored to make in a year?
(a) $1 million.
(b) $2 million.
2. When was the Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act enacted?
3. What city is the center of the financial world when this book opens?
(c) Washington, DC.
(d) New York.
4. Who is refused a seat on the Alleghany board after buying a major block of stock and is an enemy of the Morgans?
(a) Van Sweringen brothers.
(b) Harry Truman.
(c) Robert Young.
(d) Allen Kirby.
5. What location bought by Pierpont becomes the setting for many business and other meetings?
(a) His railroad car.
(b) His yacht.
(c) His limousine.
(d) The New York Stock Exchange.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morgan help Pope Pius Xi to do?
2. Where does Pierpont die?
3. Who coins the term Money Trust?
4. When is the Glass Steagall Act enacted?
5. How long is George Whitney sentenced to Sing Sing for his crime?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are loans made to Latin American countries considered risky?
2. What are the immediate results of the stock market panic in October 1907 and what is Morgan's role?
3. At the end of World War I, what is the role of the United States and the Morgans with respect to the world financial markets?
4. What is the Glass Steagall Act?
5. Whom does Jack begin to groom for roles in the House of Morgan?
6. What are the Pujo hearings and what do they conclude?
7. What are the first two crises that Jack Morgan faces after his father's death?
8. What is the Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act?
9. Who represents Germany at the Paris conference where the Young Plan is adopted and why does he resign from the Reichsbank?
10. What causes a feud between the two Morgan partners, Morrow and Lamont?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)