|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is kidnapped five months after Morrow dies?
(a) Morrow's son.
(b) Lamont's son.
(c) Calles' son.
(d) Lindbergh's son.
2. Who is the wealthiest of the Morgan partners?
3. Who is Charles E. Coughlin?
(a) A friend of President Hoover.
(b) A Morgan friend.
(c) A Morgan partner.
(d) A radio priest.
4. Where was George Peabody born?
(a) Danvers, Massachusetts.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) London, England.
(d) Paris, France.
5. When do the Morgans purchase 23 Wall Street?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does England go off the gold standard?
2. Where do the Wall Street firms meet on July 31, 1914, when the European markets close?
3. Baring Brothers and Junius Morgan were principal holders of what type of securities, which were popular in London in 1890?
4. Who is the financial wizard of Nazi Germany during the 1930s?
5. What political office does Dwight Morrow run for and win?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Pujo hearings and what do they conclude?
2. What is the Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act?
3. In 1934 why does Lamont stop supporting Japan?
4. Who represents Germany at the Paris conference where the Young Plan is adopted and why does he resign from the Reichsbank?
5. In 1938 what scandal begins to emerge?
6. After Britain goes off the gold standard in 1919, who wants them back on the gold standard and why?
7. What causes a Wall Street panic in 1873?
8. What is the turning point for when the House of Morgan surpasses the House of Rothschilds?
9. Why do the Morgans survive the crash of 1929?
10. What does the US credibility in London and European markets depend on?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)