|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political office does Dwight Morrow run for and win?
2. In 1923 Morgan forges ties with what leading Japanese bank?
(a) Japan National Bank.
(b) House of Fujimoto.
(c) Bank of Tokyo.
(d) House of Mitsui.
3. When was the Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act enacted?
4. What location bought by Pierpont becomes the setting for many business and other meetings?
(a) His railroad car.
(b) The New York Stock Exchange.
(c) His limousine.
(d) His yacht.
5. By the winter of 1930 how many banks were failing per month?
(a) More than 200.
(b) More than 100.
(c) More than 250.
(d) More than 50.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1936 there were Congressional hearings on the role of the bankers in what?
2. Where does Jack buy property for the Morgan Memorial Park as a memorial for Jessie?
3. When are the Pujo hearings?
4. What is the purpose of the Reconstruction Finance Corporation?
5. Why does Jack Morgan begin to sell pieces of his collection?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of World War I, what is the role of the United States and the Morgans with respect to the world financial markets?
2. What are the immediate results of the stock market panic in October 1907 and what is Morgan's role?
3. Why are loans made to Latin American countries considered risky?
4. What are holding companies and are the Morgans involved?
5. What financial deal makes Junius Morgan a force in the banking world?
6. What is the Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act?
7. Why do the Morgans survive the crash of 1929?
8. In 1924 what are the House of Morgan ties with the candidates?
9. What causes a feud between the two Morgan partners, Morrow and Lamont?
10. What is the turning point for when the House of Morgan surpasses the House of Rothschilds?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)