|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The US credibility in London and European markets depends on the dollar's convertibility into what?
(b) British sterling.
2. What percentage of Morgan business deals with common stock issues in the 1920s?
(a) Less than 3 percent.
(b) Less than 50 percent.
(c) Less than 10 percent.
(d) Less than 25 percent.
3. When is the Clayton Antitrust Act enacted?
4. In what year does the bomb, attributed to anarchists, explode outside Morgan's Wall Street building?
5. When does Mussolini invade Albania?
Short Answer Questions
1. With regard to his philanthropic goals, what does Jack Morgan collect?
2. Whom does Charles Lindbergh marry?
3. Baring Brothers and Junius Morgan were principal holders of what type of securities, which were popular in London in 1890?
4. In what year is there a Wall Street panic partially caused by the failure of the Northern Pacific Railroad bonds?
5. When was the Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act enacted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Morgans survive the crash of 1929?
2. Why does Father Charles E. Coughlin, a radio priest of the time, attack the banking industry?
3. What are the first two crises that Jack Morgan faces after his father's death?
4. At the end of World War I, what is the role of the United States and the Morgans with respect to the world financial markets?
5. What is the Glass Steagall Act?
6. After Britain goes off the gold standard in 1919, who wants them back on the gold standard and why?
7. What is the general economic status in the United States when the book opens in 1835?
8. How do the Morgan partners come to finance Lindbergh's Spirit of St. Louis flight?
9. In 1938 what scandal begins to emerge?
10. Even when Mussolini is criticized for his violent tactics, who seems to side with Mussolini and why?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)