|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1936 there were Congressional hearings on the role of the bankers in what?
(a) The 1929 Crash.
(b) World War I.
(d) The Depression.
2. Who is the wealthiest of the Morgan partners?
3. In 1898 where doesJack Morgan work?
(d) New York.
4. When does Jack move Pierpont's art collection to the US?
5. The Glass Steagall Act resulted in the separation of commercial banking from what?
(a) Investment banking.
(b) The stock exchange.
(c) Offering loans.
(d) Selling stocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Morgan becomes involved with European reconstruction when it helps with a loan to what country?
2. When does the official division of the House of Morgan occur?
3. Where is the Morgan ancestral home?
4. Where does Jack buy property for the Morgan Memorial Park as a memorial for Jessie?
5. The 1935 Wheeler subcommittee hearings involve banker involvement in what industry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Father Charles E. Coughlin, a radio priest of the time, attack the banking industry?
2. What financial deal makes Junius Morgan a force in the banking world?
3. What are holding companies and are the Morgans involved?
4. In 1924 what are the House of Morgan ties with the candidates?
5. How does the Morgan firm restructure as a result of the Glass Steagall Act?
6. What is the Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act?
7. What major merger occurrs as a result of the big dive in the stock and commodity markets in October 1939?
8. Why do the Morgans survive the crash of 1929?
9. What is the Reconstruction Finance Corporation?
10. What does the US credibility in London and European markets depend on?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)