|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the first Morgans arrive in America?
(a) On the Mayflower.
(b) In 1776.
(c) 16 years after the Mayflower.
(d) In 1802.
2. In 1898 where doesJack Morgan work?
(c) New York.
3. In what year does the bomb, attributed to anarchists, explode outside Morgan's Wall Street building?
4. Why does Mussolini invade Ethopia?
(a) To get supplie for Italy.
(b) To build an East African empire.
(c) To settle a dispute with Ethopia.
(d) To help Hitler.
5. In 1936 there were Congressional hearings on the role of the bankers in what?
(a) The Depression.
(c) World War I.
(d) The 1929 Crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Among the four Morgan partnerships, what is the only common denominator?
2. What location bought by Pierpont becomes the setting for many business and other meetings?
3. When does England go off the gold standard?
4. How long is George Whitney sentenced to Sing Sing for his crime?
5. Dwight Morrow is appointed Ambassador to what country by President Coolidge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are loans made to Latin American countries considered risky?
2. Why does Father Charles E. Coughlin, a radio priest of the time, attack the banking industry?
3. What does the US credibility in London and European markets depend on?
4. What are the first two crises that Jack Morgan faces after his father's death?
5. What financial deal makes Junius Morgan a force in the banking world?
6. By the year 1900, Morgan has come to control most of what transportation industry and why?
7. When World War I begins, what are the positions of the US government and the House of Morgan?
8. How does the Morgan firm restructure as a result of the Glass Steagall Act?
9. In 1936 what causes the Congressional hearings into the bankers' role in World War I?
10. What is the Reconstruction Finance Corporation?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)