|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is refused a seat on the Alleghany board after buying a major block of stock and is an enemy of the Morgans?
(a) Allen Kirby.
(b) Robert Young.
(c) Harry Truman.
(d) Van Sweringen brothers.
2. Where does Jack buy property for the Morgan Memorial Park as a memorial for Jessie?
(c) New York City.
(d) Glen Cove.
3. The US credibility in London and European markets depends on the dollar's convertibility into what?
(a) British sterling.
4. After Pierpont dies, who becomes the Morgan's manager on a day-to-day basis?
(a) Harry Davison.
(b) Jack Morgan.
(c) George Perkins.
(d) John Adams.
5. In the 1920s the economic boom basically occurred in what economic or financial sector?
(a) Bond market.
(b) Stock market.
Short Answer Questions
1. The 1935 Wheeler subcommittee hearings involve banker involvement in what industry?
2. Who attacks interlocking directorates between banks and industrial companies?
3. When does Morgan loan Italy $100 million?
4. Where is Pierpont when the stock market panic of October 1907 begins?
5. Why does Mussolini invade Ethopia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the US credibility in London and European markets depend on?
2. Why does Father Charles E. Coughlin, a radio priest of the time, attack the banking industry?
3. What financial deal makes Junius Morgan a force in the banking world?
4. Why are loans made to Latin American countries considered risky?
5. What are holding companies and are the Morgans involved?
6. What is the Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act?
7. What is the Glass Steagall Act?
8. In 1938 what scandal begins to emerge?
9. How do the Morgan partners come to finance Lindbergh's Spirit of St. Louis flight?
10. By the year 1900, Morgan has come to control most of what transportation industry and why?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)