Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Baring Brothers and Junius Morgan were principal holders of what type of securities, which were popular in London in 1890?
(a) Railroad securities.
(b) Argentinean securities.
(c) German securities.
(d) Banking securities.
2. Who does Parker Gilbert's wife marry after his death?
(a) Harold Stanley.
(b) Morgan Stanley.
(c) Jack Morgan.
(d) Robert Young.
3. Who attacks interlocking directorates between banks and industrial companies?
(a) Howard Taft.
(b) Woodrow Wilson.
(c) Louis Brandeis.
(d) Charles Mellen.
4. The Glass Steagall Act resulted in the separation of commercial banking from what?
(a) The stock exchange.
(b) Offering loans.
(c) Investment banking.
(d) Selling stocks.
5. What does Jack build in his father's memory?
(a) An art museum.
(b) A building in New York.
(c) A yacht.
(d) A library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pierpont die?
2. What country was the Dawes Plan devised to help?
3. When does Hitler become chancellor in Germany?
4. Who is the financial wizard of Nazi Germany during the 1930s?
5. During the 1920s how did corporations generally finance corporate expansion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the Paris office, called Morgan et Compagnie, when the Nazis try to force them to accept Nazi deposits?
2. What event begins the long relationship between Rupert Murdoch and Morgan Grenfell?
3. In 1924 what are the House of Morgan ties with the candidates?
4. What is SAMA?
5. What are LBOs?
6. Generally, what is Morgan Stanley's role as the premier investment banking firm?
7. By the year 1900, Morgan has come to control most of what transportation industry and why?
8. In 1938 what scandal begins to emerge?
9. What are the first two crises that Jack Morgan faces after his father's death?
10. What company does Morgan merge with, and what is the resulting company?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)