|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who puts England back on the gold standard?
(a) House of Morgan.
(b) John Keynes.
(c) House of Rothschilds.
(d) Winston Churchill.
2. Baring Brothers and Junius Morgan were principal holders of what type of securities, which were popular in London in 1890?
(a) Argentinean securities.
(b) German securities.
(c) Railroad securities.
(d) Banking securities.
3. The 1935 Wheeler subcommittee hearings involve banker involvement in what industry?
(b) Electric utilities.
4. What political office does Dwight Morrow run for and win?
5. In 1898 where doesJack Morgan work?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peabody bring Morgan in as a partner?
2. What is the purpose of the Reconstruction Finance Corporation?
3. What country was the Dawes Plan devised to help?
4. Who coins the term Money Trust?
5. In the 1924 presidential election what candidate does the House of Morgan have ties with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Reconstruction Finance Corporation?
2. What are the immediate results of the stock market panic in October 1907 and what is Morgan's role?
3. After Britain goes off the gold standard in 1919, who wants them back on the gold standard and why?
4. What financial deal makes Junius Morgan a force in the banking world?
5. What is the turning point for when the House of Morgan surpasses the House of Rothschilds?
6. Why does Father Charles E. Coughlin, a radio priest of the time, attack the banking industry?
7. In 1934 why does Lamont stop supporting Japan?
8. Whom does Jack begin to groom for roles in the House of Morgan?
9. Even when Mussolini is criticized for his violent tactics, who seems to side with Mussolini and why?
10. What are the first two crises that Jack Morgan faces after his father's death?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)