|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Morgans were instrumental in helping Sosthenes Behn build what?
(a) International Telephone and Telegraph.
(b) The Alleghany Corporation.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A company building.
2. Where does Jack buy a tavern?
(b) New York.
3. When do the Morgans purchase 23 Wall Street?
4. After the 1929 crash of the US stock market, where does the investment market switch to?
5. Where is Pierpont when the stock market panic of October 1907 begins?
(a) At the New York stock exchange.
(b) At his office.
(c) At a religious covention.
(d) At the Pujo hearings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Baring Brothers and Junius Morgan were principal holders of what type of securities, which were popular in London in 1890?
2. Which Morgan partner is serving as banker to Japan?
3. When does the stock market hit bottom?
4. Who is Marriner Stoddard Eccles?
5. Where is the Morgan ancestral home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the US credibility in London and European markets depend on?
2. What causes a Wall Street panic in 1873?
3. What are the immediate results of the stock market panic in October 1907 and what is Morgan's role?
4. In 1936 what causes the Congressional hearings into the bankers' role in World War I?
5. What are the first two crises that Jack Morgan faces after his father's death?
6. In 1934 why does Lamont stop supporting Japan?
7. What are holding companies and are the Morgans involved?
8. At the end of World War I, what is the role of the United States and the Morgans with respect to the world financial markets?
9. Why do the Morgans survive the crash of 1929?
10. What financial deal makes Junius Morgan a force in the banking world?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)