|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When are the Pujo hearings?
2. What city is the center of the financial world when this book opens?
(c) Washington, DC.
(d) New York.
3. What did the Young Plan deal with?
(a) United States railroads.
(b) Repayment of Mexico's debts.
(c) German reparation payments.
(d) British loans.
4. Who puts England back on the gold standard?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) John Keynes.
(c) House of Rothschilds.
(d) House of Morgan.
5. Among the four Morgan partnerships, what is the only common denominator?
(a) The business of the partnerships.
(b) The clients of the partnerships.
(c) Pierpont's position as senior partner.
(d) The percentage of profits that Pierpont took from each.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Morrow die?
2. Who coins the term Money Trust?
3. Where do the Wall Street firms meet on July 31, 1914, when the European markets close?
4. Who is the financial wizard of Nazi Germany during the 1930s?
5. In 1936 there were Congressional hearings on the role of the bankers in what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Pujo hearings and what do they conclude?
2. What causes a Wall Street panic in 1873?
3. What financial deal makes Junius Morgan a force in the banking world?
4. What causes a feud between the two Morgan partners, Morrow and Lamont?
5. Why does Father Charles E. Coughlin, a radio priest of the time, attack the banking industry?
6. What is the Glass Steagall Act?
7. Who represents Germany at the Paris conference where the Young Plan is adopted and why does he resign from the Reichsbank?
8. What is the turning point for when the House of Morgan surpasses the House of Rothschilds?
9. By the year 1900, Morgan has come to control most of what transportation industry and why?
10. Even when Mussolini is criticized for his violent tactics, who seems to side with Mussolini and why?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)