|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The US credibility in London and European markets depends on the dollar's convertibility into what?
(c) British sterling.
2. Where is the command post of the Morgan empire?
(a) New York.
3. What did the Young Plan deal with?
(a) Repayment of Mexico's debts.
(b) British loans.
(c) United States railroads.
(d) German reparation payments.
4. Where do the Wall Street firms meet on July 31, 1914, when the European markets close?
(a) At the New York Stock Exchange.
(b) At the Federal Reserve.
(c) At the offices of the lawyers for the New York Stock Exchange.
(d) At the House of Morgan.
5. When does England go off the gold standard?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the official division of the House of Morgan occur?
2. When does Jack move Pierpont's art collection to the US?
3. When does the stock market crash in Japan?
4. What percentage of General Motors Company does the House of Morgan own when the company is formed?
5. In 1923 Morgan forges ties with what leading Japanese bank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the immediate results of the stock market panic in October 1907 and what is Morgan's role?
2. What does the US credibility in London and European markets depend on?
3. Whom does Jack begin to groom for roles in the House of Morgan?
4. By the year 1900, Morgan has come to control most of what transportation industry and why?
5. What is the Reconstruction Finance Corporation?
6. What is the Glass Steagall Act?
7. When World War I begins, what are the positions of the US government and the House of Morgan?
8. What causes a Wall Street panic in 1873?
9. What causes a feud between the two Morgan partners, Morrow and Lamont?
10. What major merger occurrs as a result of the big dive in the stock and commodity markets in October 1939?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)