|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Morgan becomes involved with European reconstruction when it helps with a loan to what country?
2. When was the Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act enacted?
3. The Morgans were instrumental in helping Sosthenes Behn build what?
(a) A company building.
(b) A bridge.
(c) The Alleghany Corporation.
(d) International Telephone and Telegraph.
4. Where do the Wall Street firms meet on July 31, 1914, when the European markets close?
(a) At the House of Morgan.
(b) At the Federal Reserve.
(c) At the New York Stock Exchange.
(d) At the offices of the lawyers for the New York Stock Exchange.
5. The election of President Taft leads to what action in the financial world?
(a) Increased regulation of banking.
(b) Increased trust busting.
(c) Increased regulation of securities trading.
(d) Increased monopolies.
Short Answer Questions
1. When are the Pujo hearings?
2. What issue involving Mexico causes a feud between two Morgan partners, Lamont and Morrow?
3. In the 1924 presidential election what candidate does the House of Morgan have ties with?
4. Where does the new Morgan Stanley office open?
5. What political office does Dwight Morrow run for and win?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the first two crises that Jack Morgan faces after his father's death?
2. What major merger occurrs as a result of the big dive in the stock and commodity markets in October 1939?
3. Who represents Germany at the Paris conference where the Young Plan is adopted and why does he resign from the Reichsbank?
4. What financial deal makes Junius Morgan a force in the banking world?
5. Why are loans made to Latin American countries considered risky?
6. What is the turning point for when the House of Morgan surpasses the House of Rothschilds?
7. How do the Morgan partners come to finance Lindbergh's Spirit of St. Louis flight?
8. What is the Reconstruction Finance Corporation?
9. When World War I begins, what are the positions of the US government and the House of Morgan?
10. What is the Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)