|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jack buy property for the Morgan Memorial Park as a memorial for Jessie?
(a) New York City.
(c) Glen Cove.
2. The Morgans were instrumental in helping Sosthenes Behn build what?
(a) International Telephone and Telegraph.
(b) The Alleghany Corporation.
(c) A company building.
(d) A bridge.
3. In the 1920s the economic boom basically occurred in what economic or financial sector?
(c) Bond market.
(d) Stock market.
4. The US credibility in London and European markets depends on the dollar's convertibility into what?
(b) British sterling.
5. Who is Marriner Stoddard Eccles?
(a) A radio priest.
(b) A Morgan partner.
(c) A Utah banker.
(d) A Senator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces obligatory military service to Germany in the 1930s?
2. When does the official division of the House of Morgan occur?
3. In the 1924 presidential election what candidate does the House of Morgan have ties with?
4. Who is the financial wizard of Nazi Germany during the 1930s?
5. Pierpont arranges the financing for the purchase of what from France?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes a Wall Street panic in 1873?
2. By the year 1900, Morgan has come to control most of what transportation industry and why?
3. In 1938 what scandal begins to emerge?
4. When Mussolini has Giovanni Fummi, a Morgan agent, arrested as a spy what happens?
5. What event begins the long relationship between Rupert Murdoch and Morgan Grenfell?
6. What deal does Morgan Stanley negotiate for Adnan Khashoggi?
7. What are the Pujo hearings and what do they conclude?
8. What is Cliveden?
9. In 1934 why does Lamont stop supporting Japan?
10. In late 1988, what is Morgan Grenfell's major strength?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)