|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Morgan loan Italy $100 million?
2. The 1935 Wheeler subcommittee hearings involve banker involvement in what industry?
(c) Electric utilities.
3. What does Morgan help Pope Pius Xi to do?
(a) Arrange a conference with Mussolini.
(b) Understand the US financial position.
(c) Restore Vatican manuscripts.
(d) Arrange a loan.
4. In 1923 Morgan forges ties with what leading Japanese bank?
(a) Bank of Tokyo.
(b) House of Mitsui.
(c) House of Fujimoto.
(d) Japan National Bank.
5. When does Morrow die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Morgan ancestral home?
2. President Hoover believes that there was a Wall Street conspiracy against him that is engaging in what?
3. What Morgan partner has a long business relationship with Mussolini?
4. Who is the wealthiest of the Morgan partners?
5. Where is Pierpont when the stock market panic of October 1907 begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the immediate results of the stock market panic in October 1907 and what is Morgan's role?
2. Why does Father Charles E. Coughlin, a radio priest of the time, attack the banking industry?
3. What is the general economic status in the United States when the book opens in 1835?
4. What does the US credibility in London and European markets depend on?
5. What major merger occurrs as a result of the big dive in the stock and commodity markets in October 1939?
6. What financial deal makes Junius Morgan a force in the banking world?
7. How does the Morgan firm restructure as a result of the Glass Steagall Act?
8. When World War I begins, what are the positions of the US government and the House of Morgan?
9. In 1938 what scandal begins to emerge?
10. Even when Mussolini is criticized for his violent tactics, who seems to side with Mussolini and why?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)