|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is George Whitney sentenced to Sing Sing for his crime?
(a) One to five years.
(b) Five to ten years.
(c) He was sentenced only to probation, not to Sing Sing.
(d) For life.
2. When is the Clayton Antitrust Act enacted?
3. The election of President Taft leads to what action in the financial world?
(a) Increased monopolies.
(b) Increased regulation of securities trading.
(c) Increased trust busting.
(d) Increased regulation of banking.
4. In what year does the bomb, attributed to anarchists, explode outside Morgan's Wall Street building?
5. Where is Pierpont when the stock market panic of October 1907 begins?
(a) At his office.
(b) At a religious covention.
(c) At the New York stock exchange.
(d) At the Pujo hearings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country was the Dawes Plan devised to help?
2. Where does the new Morgan Stanley office open?
3. When does Morrow die?
4. When does Morgan loan Italy $100 million?
5. Where does Pierpont die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Morgan partners come to finance Lindbergh's Spirit of St. Louis flight?
2. When Jack Morgan dies in March 1943, does the Morgan bank continue to operate efficiently?
3. What event begins the long relationship between Rupert Murdoch and Morgan Grenfell?
4. What are the immediate results of the stock market panic in October 1907 and what is Morgan's role?
5. What causes a feud between the two Morgan partners, Morrow and Lamont?
6. Who are Morgan Grenfell's two takeover stars?
7. Why do the Morgans survive the crash of 1929?
8. What are LBOs?
9. What financial deal makes Junius Morgan a force in the banking world?
10. What are tombstones?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)