|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marriner Stoddard Eccles?
(a) A radio priest.
(b) A Morgan partner.
(c) A Utah banker.
(d) A Senator.
2. After the 1929 crash of the US stock market, where does the investment market switch to?
3. When does Morgan loan Italy $100 million?
4. The 1935 Wheeler subcommittee hearings involve banker involvement in what industry?
(d) Electric utilities.
5. Who opposes Mussolini in the press?
(a) Jimmy Jones.
(b) Arthur Pearson.
(c) Walter Lippmann.
(d) Charles Dere.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1920s the economic boom basically occurred in what economic or financial sector?
2. Why does Peabody bring Morgan in as a partner?
3. What is the purpose of the Reconstruction Finance Corporation?
4. In 1882 Pierpont moves into the first private residence that had what?
5. By the winter of 1930 how many banks were failing per month?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Morgan partners come to finance Lindbergh's Spirit of St. Louis flight?
2. In 1934 why does Lamont stop supporting Japan?
3. What is the turning point for when the House of Morgan surpasses the House of Rothschilds?
4. Why do the Morgans survive the crash of 1929?
5. What financial deal makes Junius Morgan a force in the banking world?
6. What is the general economic status in the United States when the book opens in 1835?
7. What is the Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act?
8. What are the first two crises that Jack Morgan faces after his father's death?
9. What are the Pujo hearings and what do they conclude?
10. What causes a Wall Street panic in 1873?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)