|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When are the Pujo hearings?
2. When is the Richard Whitney and Company suspended from the stock exchange?
(a) December 7, 1938.
(b) January 3, 1938.
(c) October 4, 1938.
(d) March 7, 1938.
3. Who introduces obligatory military service to Germany in the 1930s?
(a) The Secretary of the Army.
4. Where does Pierpont die?
(b) New York.
5. What percentage of General Motors Company does the House of Morgan own when the company is formed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is the center of the financial world when this book opens?
2. Where does the new Morgan Stanley office open?
3. In what year is there a Wall Street panic partially caused by the failure of the Northern Pacific Railroad bonds?
4. What company is the forerunner of what eventually becomes J.P. Morgan and Company?
5. Who opposes Mussolini in the press?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are loans made to Latin American countries considered risky?
2. What causes a feud between the two Morgan partners, Morrow and Lamont?
3. Why do the Morgans survive the crash of 1929?
4. In 1924 what are the House of Morgan ties with the candidates?
5. What are the immediate results of the stock market panic in October 1907 and what is Morgan's role?
6. What causes a Wall Street panic in 1873?
7. What is the turning point for when the House of Morgan surpasses the House of Rothschilds?
8. In 1938 what scandal begins to emerge?
9. What is the Glass Steagall Act?
10. What is the Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)