|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mussolini invade Albania?
2. Pierpont arranges the financing for the purchase of what from France?
(c) The Panama Canal.
3. When does the stock market hit bottom?
4. When do the Morgans purchase 23 Wall Street?
5. How long is George Whitney sentenced to Sing Sing for his crime?
(a) He was sentenced only to probation, not to Sing Sing.
(b) One to five years.
(c) Five to ten years.
(d) For life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Among the four Morgan partnerships, what is the only common denominator?
2. What depletes England of gold?
3. The 1935 Wheeler subcommittee hearings involve banker involvement in what industry?
4. Who coins the term Money Trust?
5. What issue involving Mexico causes a feud between two Morgan partners, Lamont and Morrow?
Short Essay Questions
1. By the year 1900, Morgan has come to control most of what transportation industry and why?
2. Why do the Morgans survive the crash of 1929?
3. What are holding companies and are the Morgans involved?
4. What are the Pujo hearings and what do they conclude?
5. Even when Mussolini is criticized for his violent tactics, who seems to side with Mussolini and why?
6. What financial deal makes Junius Morgan a force in the banking world?
7. What causes a feud between the two Morgan partners, Morrow and Lamont?
8. In 1938 what scandal begins to emerge?
9. At the end of World War I, what is the role of the United States and the Morgans with respect to the world financial markets?
10. After Britain goes off the gold standard in 1919, who wants them back on the gold standard and why?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)