|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Tony Gebauer embezzle?
(a) Over $6 million.
(b) Over $1 million.
(c) Over $10 million.
(d) Over $8 milliion.
2. Morgan has a relationship with the Saudis dating back to when?
3. Who asks Morgan to be in charge of the loan to Brazil in 1982?
(a) Paul Volcker.
(b) William Rhodes.
(c) Michael Milkin.
(d) Ben Bernache.
4. When does Leffingwell serve as chairman of Morgan?
(a) 1948 - 1950.
(b) 1947 - 1949.
(c) 1947 - 1950.
(d) 1948 - 1952.
5. When does Guinness acquire fifty percent of Distillers shares?
(a) September 1986.
(b) July 1986.
(c) April 1986.
(d) April 1987.
6. Morgan Guaranty pioneers in what new financial instrument market?
(a) Municipal securities.
(b) Fed Funds.
(c) Treasury securities.
(d) Certificates of deposits.
7. When does the Falkland War start?
(a) December 1982.
(b) June 1982.
(c) April 1982.
(d) December 1981.
8. Who is Walter Funk?
(a) Head of the Reichsbank.
(b) Economics minister of Austria.
(c) Assistant to Hitler.
(d) Economics minister of Germany.
9. Who is fired by Morgan Grenfell after the Guinness scandal?
(a) Graham Walsh.
(b) George Magan.
(c) Andrew Jacobs.
(d) Roger Seelig.
10. What is the bone of contention between the New York and London Morgan firms?
(a) The marraige of Nancy Langhorne.
(b) Joseph P. Kennedy's ambassadorship.
(c) Where Jack Morgan lives.
(d) World War I war debt.
11. Which of the following is not a client of Morgan Grenfell?
(a) Soviet Union.
(b) Sultan of Brunei.
(c) Lloyds of London.
(d) Queen Elizabeth II.
12. Who is Percy Hall?
(a) A managing partner of Morgan Stanley.
(b) A partner at Morgan Grenfell.
(c) The judge in the antitrust case against Morgan Stanley.
(d) A Washington banker.
13. What partner's son is on Dwight Eisenhower's staff during the war and works on his presidential campaign?
14. When does Mussolini die?
15. London Morgan Guaranty Limited is renamed to what?
(a) JP Morgan Securities.
(b) JP Morgan and Company.
(c) Morgan Grenfell.
(d) Morgan Stanley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who heads the Corporate Finance Department of Morgan Grenfell?
2. How much is the loan that Morgan Grenfell makes to Abu Dhabi?
3. What causes the recession in 1973-1974?
4. Who succeeds Baldwin as chairman of Morgan Guaranty?
5. What becomes Morgan Stanley's main source of business?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)