|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the mid 1970s Morgan Stanley leads the industry in what kind of offerings?
(a) Stock offerings only.
(b) Bond offerings only.
(c) Stock and bond offerings.
(d) Neither stock or bond offerings.
2. When does JP Morgan and Company become a corporation?
(a) December 1940.
(b) February 1940.
(c) January 1940.
(d) June 1940.
3. How much capital does Morgan Stanley have?
(a) $30 million.
(b) $10 million.
(c) $3 million.
(d) $5 million.
4. In 1977 what company does Kennecott Copper buy?
(b) Twentieth Century Fox.
5. Who becomes president of the new JP Morgan corporation?
(a) George Whitney.
(b) Monty Norman.
(c) Tom Lamont.
(d) Jack Morgan.
6. What is the name of the first Morgan mutual fund?
(a) The Pierpont Fund.
(b) The Junius Fund.
(c) The Morgan Family Fund.
(d) The Morgan Fund.
7. In 1981 who hires Adrian Antoniu, a Romanian refugee?
(a) Morgan Stanley.
(b) Morgan Guaranty.
(c) Salomon Brothers.
(d) Lehman Brothers.
8. How long does Morgan Stanley suspend its practice of programmed trades on an international basis after the crash in 1987?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 1 year.
9. When does Nabisco use an LBO for hostile raid?
10. By the mid 1960s how much money does Morgan manage in trust assets?
(a) $15 million.
(b) $1 billion.
(c) $50 million.
(d) $15 billion.
11. When does Mussolini die?
12. When does the Fed give banks the ability to float commercial bonds?
13. When does Guinness acquire fifty percent of Distillers shares?
(a) July 1986.
(b) September 1986.
(c) April 1986.
(d) April 1987.
14. How long does the Justice Department antitrust case against Morgan Stanley last?
(a) Two years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Over six years.
(d) Over ten years.
15. When does the SEC new Rule 415 come into effect?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Morgan Bank move in 1989?
2. In the mid eighties how much is the Euromarket worth?
3. Who is Giovanni Fummi?
4. Who is the chairman of Guinness during the scandal?
5. Who heads the Mergers and Acquisitions department of Morgan Stanley?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)