|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes the first Jew to be hired at Morgan Stanley and also the second youngest partner in Morgan history?
(a) Robert Baldwin.
(b) Robert Bradford.
(c) Lewis Bernard.
(d) Lewis Berstein.
2. In 1977 what company does Kennecott Copper buy?
(c) Twentieth Century Fox.
3. Who succeeds Baldwin as chairman of Morgan Guaranty?
(a) Parker Gilbert.
(b) Geoffrey Collier.
(c) Lewis Bernard.
(d) Dick Fisher.
4. What partner's son is on Dwight Eisenhower's staff during the war and works on his presidential campaign?
5. Who is the only Guaranty Trust person to have a top position in the new Morgan Guaranty?
(a) Luther Cleveland.
(b) Alexander Clay.
(c) Dale Sharp.
(d) Tomas Smith.
6. Where does Morgan Bank move in 1989?
(a) Exxon building.
(b) Morgan Stanley building.
(c) 60 Wall Street.
(d) 2 Wall Street.
7. When does Morgan Grenfell go public?
8. How much is the loan that Morgan Grenfell makes to Abu Dhabi?
(a) $100 million.
(b) $250 million.
(c) $500 million.
(d) $200 million.
9. What causes the recession in 1973-1974?
(a) The Arab oil embargo.
(b) The introduction of petrodollars.
(c) The devaluation of the Euro.
(d) The Arab boycott of Israel.
10. How much does Fred Lee make in an insider trading scheme?
(a) $16.5 million.
(b) $5.5 million.
(c) $1 million.
(d) $10 million.
11. Who is Asher Edelman?
(c) Corporate raider.
(d) Partner in Morgan Stanley.
12. Who is Siegmund Warburg?
(a) A London banker.
(b) A German industrialist.
(c) A client of Morgan Grenfell.
(d) A Hamburg banker.
13. Who owns the London tabloid, News of the World?
(a) The Harcourts.
(b) The Murdochs.
(c) The Morgans.
(d) The Carrs.
14. When does Morgan Stanley's first hostile takeover occur?
15. When does Hitler invade Austria?
(a) March 1939.
(b) March 1938.
(c) January 1938.
(d) June 1939.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new business does JP Morgan enter into as a corporation that it could not do as a partnership?
2. Who is Stephen Sui-Kwan Wang, Jr?
3. When does Morgan Stanley go public?
4. What is the name of the first Morgan mutual fund?
5. When does Leffingwell serve as chairman of Morgan?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)