|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes the first Jew to be hired at Morgan Stanley and also the second youngest partner in Morgan history?
(a) Lewis Berstein.
(b) Robert Bradford.
(c) Lewis Bernard.
(d) Robert Baldwin.
2. When does Guinness acquire fifty percent of Distillers shares?
(a) April 1986.
(b) April 1987.
(c) September 1986.
(d) July 1986.
3. How much capital does Morgan Stanley have?
(a) $30 million.
(b) $3 million.
(c) $5 million.
(d) $10 million.
4. What new business does JP Morgan enter into as a corporation that it could not do as a partnership?
(c) Trust business.
(d) Home loans.
5. Which of the following is not a client of Morgan Grenfell?
(a) Sultan of Brunei.
(b) Queen Elizabeth II.
(c) Lloyds of London.
(d) Soviet Union.
6. When does the SEC new Rule 415 come into effect?
7. Morgan has a relationship with the Saudis dating back to when?
8. What entire industry does Morgan Grenfell handle after the war?
(a) Electrical industry.
9. What is the name of the first Morgan mutual fund?
(a) The Pierpont Fund.
(b) The Morgan Fund.
(c) The Morgan Family Fund.
(d) The Junius Fund.
10. Who is Siegmund Warburg?
(a) A client of Morgan Grenfell.
(b) A Hamburg banker.
(c) A London banker.
(d) A German industrialist.
11. Who is Stephen Sui-Kwan Wang, Jr?
(a) A Morgan Grenfell employee involved in insider trading.
(b) A Morgan Guaranty employee involved in insider trading.
(c) A government employee.
(d) A Morgan Stanley employee involved in insider trading.
12. Who runs the trust department of Morgan Guaranty after the merger?
(a) Longstreet Hinton.
(b) Tommy Lamont.
(c) Junius Morgan.
(d) Peter Vermilye.
13. When does the Falkland War start?
(a) April 1982.
(b) June 1982.
(c) December 1981.
(d) December 1982.
14. Who becomes the post-war head of Morgan Grenfell?
(a) Monty Norman.
(b) Harry Morgan.
(c) Stephen Catto.
(d) Tom Catto.
15. How much is the loan that Morgan Grenfell makes to Abu Dhabi?
(a) $200 million.
(b) $500 million.
(c) $100 million.
(d) $250 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the bone of contention between the New York and London Morgan firms?
2. What do Wall Street banks use as a form of finance during this period?
3. How long was Gebauer's prison sentence for embezzlement?
4. Who is Walter Funk?
5. Who does the US military ask to visit Germany and assess their air power?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)