|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Parker Gilbert's wife marry after his death?
(a) Robert Young.
(b) Harold Stanley.
(c) Jack Morgan.
(d) Morgan Stanley.
2. What political office does Dwight Morrow run for and win?
3. Who was Ferdinand Pecora?
(a) A friend of President Hoover's.
(b) A senator.
(c) A Morgan partner.
(d) A lawyer who headed up an investigation of Wall Street.
4. Where was George Peabody born?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Danvers, Massachusetts.
(c) London, England.
(d) Paris, France.
5. The election of President Taft leads to what action in the financial world?
(a) Increased regulation of banking.
(b) Increased trust busting.
(c) Increased regulation of securities trading.
(d) Increased monopolies.
6. Where is the Morgan ancestral home?
(a) London, England.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Hartford, Connecticut.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
7. What is the purpose of the Reconstruction Finance Corporation?
(a) To buy property.
(b) To rebuild inner cities.
(c) To help rebuild farms.
(d) To make loans.
8. Who decides to open an investment house called Morgan Stanley?
(a) Stanley Morgan.
(b) J.P. Morgan.
(c) Morgan partners.
(d) Morgan Stanley.
9. What company is the forerunner of what eventually becomes J.P. Morgan and Company?
(a) Drexel, Morgan, and Company.
(b) J.S. Morgan and Company.
(c) George Peabody and Company.
(d) Duncan, Sherman, and Company.
10. Who attacks interlocking directorates between banks and industrial companies?
(a) Louis Brandeis.
(b) Woodrow Wilson.
(c) Howard Taft.
(d) Charles Mellen.
11. Pierpont arranges the financing for the purchase of what from France?
(a) The Panama Canal.
12. With regard to his philanthropic goals, what does Jack Morgan collect?
(a) Original manuscripts dated before the 1700s.
(b) Paintings from the 1500s.
(c) Paintings from the 1700s.
(d) Original manuscripts dated before the 1500s.
13. When does the Morgan partner S. Parker Gilbert die?
14. What does Morgan help Pope Pius Xi to do?
(a) Arrange a conference with Mussolini.
(b) Understand the US financial position.
(c) Restore Vatican manuscripts.
(d) Arrange a loan.
15. In what year does the bomb, attributed to anarchists, explode outside Morgan's Wall Street building?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is there a Wall Street panic partially caused by the failure of the Northern Pacific Railroad bonds?
2. When does Morgan loan Italy $100 million?
3. Where is the command post of the Morgan empire?
4. Morgan becomes involved with European reconstruction when it helps with a loan to what country?
5. When is the Glass Steagall Act enacted?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)