|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Ferdinand Pecora?
(a) A friend of President Hoover's.
(b) A lawyer who headed up an investigation of Wall Street.
(c) A Morgan partner.
(d) A senator.
2. President Hoover believes that there was a Wall Street conspiracy against him that is engaging in what?
(a) Selling loans.
(b) Short selling.
(c) Long selling.
(d) Selling secrets.
3. Who opposes Mussolini in the press?
(a) Charles Dere.
(b) Jimmy Jones.
(c) Arthur Pearson.
(d) Walter Lippmann.
4. Where was George Peabody born?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) Danvers, Massachusetts.
(c) London, England.
(d) New York, New York.
5. After the 1929 crash of the US stock market, where does the investment market switch to?
6. In the 1920s the economic boom basically occurred in what economic or financial sector?
(a) Stock market.
(c) Bond market.
7. What percentage of Morgan business deals with common stock issues in the 1920s?
(a) Less than 10 percent.
(b) Less than 50 percent.
(c) Less than 25 percent.
(d) Less than 3 percent.
8. Who is the financial wizard of Nazi Germany during the 1930s?
9. Who is Marriner Stoddard Eccles?
(a) A Utah banker.
(b) A Morgan partner.
(c) A radio priest.
(d) A Senator.
10. When does Morrow die?
11. When does England go off the gold standard?
12. When does Mussolini invade Albania?
13. What Morgan partner has a long business relationship with Mussolini?
14. When does the stock market crash in Japan?
15. When does the Morgan partner S. Parker Gilbert die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to open an investment house called Morgan Stanley?
2. Who is Charles E. Coughlin?
3. Who is refused a seat on the Alleghany board after buying a major block of stock and is an enemy of the Morgans?
4. After Pierpont dies, who becomes the Morgan's manager on a day-to-day basis?
5. When did the first Morgans arrive in America?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)