|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Among the four Morgan partnerships, what is the only common denominator?
(a) Pierpont's position as senior partner.
(b) The percentage of profits that Pierpont took from each.
(c) The clients of the partnerships.
(d) The business of the partnerships.
2. Who attacks interlocking directorates between banks and industrial companies?
(a) Howard Taft.
(b) Charles Mellen.
(c) Louis Brandeis.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
3. When are the Pujo hearings?
4. Who is kidnapped five months after Morrow dies?
(a) Lindbergh's son.
(b) Calles' son.
(c) Lamont's son.
(d) Morrow's son.
5. How much money are Morgan partners rumored to make in a year?
(a) $2 million.
(d) $1 million.
6. The Northern Securities Company is a holding company for what?
(a) Credit firms.
(b) Investment firms.
7. Why does Jack Morgan begin to sell pieces of his collection?
(a) To put his estate in order.
(b) To continue his life style.
(c) To give the House of Morgan some cash.
(d) To go on a cruise.
8. What does Morgan help Pope Pius Xi to do?
(a) Understand the US financial position.
(b) Arrange a conference with Mussolini.
(c) Arrange a loan.
(d) Restore Vatican manuscripts.
9. In 1923 Morgan forges ties with what leading Japanese bank?
(a) House of Mitsui.
(b) Japan National Bank.
(c) Bank of Tokyo.
(d) House of Fujimoto.
10. What issue involving Mexico causes a feud between two Morgan partners, Lamont and Morrow?
(b) Foreign debt.
(d) Church property.
11. What percentage of General Motors Company does the House of Morgan own when the company is formed?
12. Who assumes a leadership role at the House of Morgan when Henry Davis dies?
(a) George Peabody.
(b) Louis Brandeis.
(c) Tom Lamont.
(d) Charles Mellon.
13. By the winter of 1930 how many banks were failing per month?
(a) More than 250.
(b) More than 200.
(c) More than 50.
(d) More than 100.
14. Morgan becomes involved with European reconstruction when it helps with a loan to what country?
15. Where is the Morgan ancestral home?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Hartford, Connecticut.
(d) London, England.
Short Answer Questions
1. The election of President Taft leads to what action in the financial world?
2. Where is Pierpont when the stock market panic of October 1907 begins?
3. Whom does Charles Lindbergh marry?
4. In what year does the bomb, attributed to anarchists, explode outside Morgan's Wall Street building?
5. How long is George Whitney sentenced to Sing Sing for his crime?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)