|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the Morgans purchase 23 Wall Street?
2. The 1935 Wheeler subcommittee hearings involve banker involvement in what industry?
(b) Electric utilities.
3. When does the official division of the House of Morgan occur?
(a) September 5, 1935.
(b) September 30, 1934.
(c) October 19, 1929.
(d) September 1, 1934.
4. Where is the Morgan ancestral home?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Hartford, Connecticut.
(d) London, England.
5. When are the Pujo hearings?
6. When does the Morgan partner S. Parker Gilbert die?
7. What company is the forerunner of what eventually becomes J.P. Morgan and Company?
(a) George Peabody and Company.
(b) Drexel, Morgan, and Company.
(c) Duncan, Sherman, and Company.
(d) J.S. Morgan and Company.
8. Who is kidnapped five months after Morrow dies?
(a) Morrow's son.
(b) Lamont's son.
(c) Calles' son.
(d) Lindbergh's son.
9. Baring Brothers and Junius Morgan were principal holders of what type of securities, which were popular in London in 1890?
(a) German securities.
(b) Banking securities.
(c) Railroad securities.
(d) Argentinean securities.
10. Who decides to open an investment house called Morgan Stanley?
(a) Morgan partners.
(b) Stanley Morgan.
(c) J.P. Morgan.
(d) Morgan Stanley.
11. In what year does the bomb, attributed to anarchists, explode outside Morgan's Wall Street building?
12. The US credibility in London and European markets depends on the dollar's convertibility into what?
(a) British sterling.
13. What political office does Dwight Morrow run for and win?
14. Where does Pierpont die?
(d) New York.
15. With regard to his philanthropic goals, what does Jack Morgan collect?
(a) Paintings from the 1700s.
(b) Original manuscripts dated before the 1500s.
(c) Original manuscripts dated before the 1700s.
(d) Paintings from the 1500s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of General Motors Company does the House of Morgan own when the company is formed?
2. What location bought by Pierpont becomes the setting for many business and other meetings?
3. Among the four Morgan partnerships, what is the only common denominator?
4. The election of President Taft leads to what action in the financial world?
5. After Pierpont dies, who becomes the Morgan's manager on a day-to-day basis?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)