|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jack buy a tavern?
(b) New York.
2. In 1923 Morgan forges ties with what leading Japanese bank?
(a) House of Fujimoto.
(b) Bank of Tokyo.
(c) Japan National Bank.
(d) House of Mitsui.
3. In 1898 where doesJack Morgan work?
(b) New York.
4. When was the Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act enacted?
5. What depletes England of gold?
(a) European investors.
(b) American investors.
(c) Its purchase of steel.
(d) The Boer War.
6. What percentage of General Motors Company does the House of Morgan own when the company is formed?
7. The 1935 Wheeler subcommittee hearings involve banker involvement in what industry?
(c) Electric utilities.
8. When did the first Morgans arrive in America?
(a) On the Mayflower.
(b) In 1776.
(c) In 1802.
(d) 16 years after the Mayflower.
9. Where is the Morgan ancestral home?
(a) Hartford, Connecticut.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) London, England.
10. Who coins the term Money Trust?
(a) Harry Davison.
(b) Pierpont Morgan.
(c) Jack Morgan.
(d) Charles Lindbergh, Sr.
11. Pierpont arranges the financing for the purchase of what from France?
(a) The Panama Canal.
12. Who filled Pierpont Morgan's role at the bankers' meeting to discuss the Crash?
(a) Dwight Morrow.
(b) Jack Morgan.
(c) Owen Young.
(d) Tom Lamont.
13. By the winter of 1930 how many banks were failing per month?
(a) More than 200.
(b) More than 50.
(c) More than 100.
(d) More than 250.
14. Who is kidnapped five months after Morrow dies?
(a) Lindbergh's son.
(b) Lamont's son.
(c) Calles' son.
(d) Morrow's son.
15. In what type of business does Junius Morgan begin his career?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the new Morgan Stanley office open?
2. How long is George Whitney sentenced to Sing Sing for his crime?
3. When is the Clayton Antitrust Act enacted?
4. When is the Glass Steagall Act enacted?
5. When does Morgan loan Italy $100 million?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)