|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 19 Crack-up.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With regard to his philanthropic goals, what does Jack Morgan collect?
(a) Original manuscripts dated before the 1700s.
(b) Paintings from the 1700s.
(c) Paintings from the 1500s.
(d) Original manuscripts dated before the 1500s.
2. Baring Brothers and Junius Morgan were principal holders of what type of securities, which were popular in London in 1890?
(a) Banking securities.
(b) Argentinean securities.
(c) Railroad securities.
(d) German securities.
3. Which Morgan partner is serving as banker to Japan?
(a) John Keynes.
(b) Pierpont Morgan.
(c) Tom Lamont.
(d) Jack Morgan.
4. What percentage of Morgan business deals with common stock issues in the 1920s?
(a) Less than 10 percent.
(b) Less than 25 percent.
(c) Less than 50 percent.
(d) Less than 3 percent.
5. In 1898 where doesJack Morgan work?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What issue involving Mexico causes a feud between two Morgan partners, Lamont and Morrow?
2. The Glass Steagall Act resulted in the separation of commercial banking from what?
3. Why does Jack Morgan begin to sell pieces of his collection?
4. The Northern Securities Company is a holding company for what?
5. In what type of business does Junius Morgan begin his career?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)