|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 29 Samurai.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Morgan Grenfell enter the US market?
(a) Because of its relationship with Morgan Stanley.
(b) Because of the Takeover Panel rules.
(c) Because of the Glass Steagall Act.
(d) Because of the Bank of England prohibitions.
2. When does Morgan Stanley case to be a partnership?
3. The 1935 Wheeler subcommittee hearings involve banker involvement in what industry?
(b) Electric utilities.
4. Who becomes the first Jew to be hired at Morgan Stanley and also the second youngest partner in Morgan history?
(a) Lewis Berstein.
(b) Lewis Bernard.
(c) Robert Baldwin.
(d) Robert Bradford.
5. Who opposes Mussolini in the press?
(a) Charles Dere.
(b) Jimmy Jones.
(c) Walter Lippmann.
(d) Arthur Pearson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Morgan partner leads Morgan Stanley to change?
2. When does Morgan Stanley's first hostile takeover occur?
3. When does the Morgan partner S. Parker Gilbert die?
4. What does Morgan help Pope Pius Xi to do?
5. How long is George Whitney sentenced to Sing Sing for his crime?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)