|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Pluto think of him going to the hospital?
2. Where are Thomas and his father when they see Mr. Pluto?
3. Where is Thomas' father's office located?
4. What do Mayhew and Mr. Small allow Mr. Pluto to do?
5. What does Pesty mount?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Pluto tell the Smalls about the room?
2. What do the Darrows want?
3. Who helps to clean the kitchen up at the start of Chapter 16?
4. Who is Mayhew Skinner and who does he dress up as in Chapter 15?
5. What do Thomas and Mr. Small find in the office?
6. Who do Dies Drear leave his treasure to according to Chapter 17?
7. What does Thomas learn when he finds his father?
8. What does Thomas discover when he wakes in the morning?
9. Where does Mr. Small take the family in Chapter 11?
10. What does the family go in search of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of religion in the "The House of Dies Drear" and the role that it played in the book. Use "The House of Dies Drear" to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Examine why Hamilton chose to introduce the theme of the supernatural and superstition. Use examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Define setting and discuss the importance of the setting of the house. Use examples and quotes from "The House of Dies Drear" to support your discussion.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)