|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Thomas and his family do before returning home after going to the Carr filling station?
(a) They go for an ice cream.
(b) They tour the local lake.
(c) They tour the town.
(d) They tour the countryside.
2. What does Thomas think of the church congregation in Chapter 10?
(a) There are few children.
(b) It looks like a normal one.
(c) There are no boys.
(d) It is larger than it should be.
3. What is the name of the river near the school Thomas will go to?
(a) Little New York river.
(b) Little Texas River.
(c) Little California River.
(d) Little Miami River.
4. What do Thomas and his father find at his office?
(a) A small triangle.
(b) A small book.
(c) A warning note.
(d) A welcome basket.
5. What does Thomas' father try to convince Mr. Pluto of?
(a) That the treasure is not his responsibility alone.
(b) That he needs medical help.
(c) That the treasure needs to be sold.
(d) That the treasure is worthless.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Mr. Pluto lived in the caves?
2. Where do Thomas and his family eat after church?
3. Where does Thomas' father bring his family after church?
4. What does Mr. Pluto do when Thomas' father calls out to him?
5. What does Thomas think of the congregation and Mr. Pluto?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thomas learn when he finds his father?
2. What expectation does Thomas have of the church congregation that was not fulfilled?
3. What does the Small family find when they return home in Chapter 12?
4. What does Mr. Pluto tell the Smalls about the room?
5. Where does Mr. Small take the family in Chapter 11?
6. What does Mr. Pluto say about the four triangles?
7. Who helps to clean the kitchen up at the start of Chapter 16?
8. What do the Darrows want?
9. What does Thomas discover when he wakes in the morning?
10. What does Mayhew ask Thomas and his father to do?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)