|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pesty's mount appear to the intruders?
(a) As a large group of slaves.
(b) As a tank.
(c) As a large triangle.
(d) As a flying horse.
2. What does Mayhew ask Thomas and his father to do?
(a) Go to the police.
(b) Leave the house.
(c) Go talk to the Darrows.
(d) Go to a theater store.
3. What are the Smalls and Mayhew talking about at the start of Chapter 16?
(a) Their plan to put Mr, Pluto in a hospital.
(b) His plan to keep the Darrows away.
(c) Their plan to involve the police.
(d) Their plan to turn the treasure over to the foundation.
4. Who was entrusted with the safe keeping of the treasure by Dies Drear?
(a) Dies Drear's brother.
(b) Dies Drear's son.
(c) Dies Drear's maid.
(d) The slave that escaped the night Dies Drear died.
5. What does Mr. Pluto's son tell the Smalls?
(a) That he wants his father in a hospital.
(b) That he wants to take the treasure for himself.
(c) That he wants to go back to college.
(d) That he has a plan to keep the Darrows away from the house forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Thomas and his family do before returning home after going to the Carr filling station?
2. Who does Thomas' father talk to at the Carr filing station?
3. What does Mr. Pluto think of scaring the Darrows?
4. What does Mr. Pluto's son hope to do by dressing as he does?
5. How is Mr. Pluto's son dressed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the family go in search of?
2. What roles do Thomas, Mr. Small and Mayhew have in the scheme?
3. What does Mr. Carr share when they visit the station?
4. Who do Dies Drear leave his treasure to according to Chapter 17?
5. How do the Darrows access the house according to Mayhew?
6. What impression does Thomas have when his family attends church in Chapter 10?
7. What do the Darrows want?
8. What does Mayhew ask Thomas and his father to do?
9. What does Mayhew explain about his father?
10. What expectation does Thomas have of the church congregation that was not fulfilled?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)