|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Thomas and his father when they see Mr. Pluto?
(a) Near the pond.
(b) Entering a clearing.
(c) Down the hill.
(d) At the edge of the forest.
2. What did Mr. Pluto lose while protecting the tunnels from the Darrows?
(a) His sanity.
(b) His dog.
(c) His wife and child.
(d) His job.
3. Where does Thomas go after waking up the following morning?
(a) To the kitchen.
(b) To the cave.
(c) He stays in his bedroom.
(d) To the tunnel.
4. How long did Mr. Pluto look for the tunnels?
5. What does Mr. Carr share with Thomas' father?
(a) A cup of coffee.
(b) The cigarette.
(c) A map of the local tunnels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family does Mr. Carr speak of to Thomas's father?
2. Why do Thomas, his father and Mayhew wait in a specific position in Chapter 18?
3. What is the name of Mr. Pluto's son?
4. Where are Thomas, his father and Mayhew waiting?
5. What tunnel does Mayhew show the Smalls?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mr. Small and Thomas find when they go into a cave?
2. Where do Thomas and his father go at the start of Chapter 13?
3. What does Thomas learn when he finds his father?
4. What does Thomas discover when he wakes in the morning?
5. What does Mr. Carr share when they visit the station?
6. What does Mayhew explain about his father?
7. What does Mr. Pluto say about the four triangles?
8. What is Mrs. Small's first impression of the events in their home?
9. What do Mayhew and Mr. Pluto believe in Chapter 19?
10. What is finally decided about the scheme?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)