|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was entrusted with the safe keeping of the treasure by Dies Drear?
(a) Dies Drear's maid.
(b) Dies Drear's son.
(c) Dies Drear's brother.
(d) The slave that escaped the night Dies Drear died.
2. Why do Thomas and his family want to hire a locksmith?
(a) To buy a lock for the tunnels.
(b) To change the locks of the house.
(c) To repair the kitchen door lock.
(d) To repair their car door.
3. Where does Thomas' father bring his family after church?
(a) To the police station.
(b) To a welcome party.
(c) To the park.
(d) To the university where he will be teaching.
4. Where is Thomas' father when Thomas wakes the following morning?
(a) At the police station.
(b) Talking with the Darrows.
(c) Packing the family suitcases.
(d) Cataloging the treasure.
5. Where is Thomas' father's office located?
(a) High in a tower office.
(b) Deep inside the main building.
(c) In a small back building.
(d) Next to the entrance of the University.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mr. Pluto's son dressed?
2. How long did Mr. Pluto look for the tunnels?
3. What does Mr. Pluto think of scaring the Darrows?
4. Why does Mayhew want to send his father to the hospital?
5. What are the Smalls and Mayhew talking about at the start of Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Pluto tell the Smalls about the room?
2. What does the family go in search of?
3. What is Mrs. Small's first impression of the events in their home?
4. What does Thomas discover when he wakes in the morning?
5. What does Thomas learn when he finds his father?
6. Who helps to clean the kitchen up at the start of Chapter 16?
7. What is finally decided about the scheme?
8. What does Mr. Pluto say about the four triangles?
9. What is Thomas doing at the start of Chapter 18?
10. Where does Mr. Small take the family in Chapter 11?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)