|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the school Thomas will go to?
(a) Franklin Junior High.
(b) Washington Junior High.
(c) Hamilton Junior High.
(d) Jefferson Junior High.
2. Who is guilty of destroying the Smalls' kitchen?
(a) Mr Pluto.
(b) Mr Pluto's son.
(c) A local bully.
(d) The Darrows.
3. What is broken in the vandalized room?
(b) The furniture.
(c) The radio.
(d) The fridge.
4. Who wants to be a ghost?
(a) Mrs. Small.
(d) Mr. Pluto.
5. How does Pesty's mount appear to the intruders?
(a) As a large group of slaves.
(b) As a flying horse.
(c) As a tank.
(d) As a large triangle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Thomas and his father find inside the cave?
2. What do Thomas and his family do before returning home after going to the Carr filling station?
3. What do Mayhew and Mr. Small allow Mr. Pluto to do?
4. Who does Thomas' father talk to at the Carr filing station?
5. Who is the first of the Darrows to look for the tunnels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mayhew and Mr. Pluto believe in Chapter 19?
2. What does Mr. Pluto say about the four triangles?
3. What roles do Thomas, Mr. Small and Mayhew have in the scheme?
4. Where does Mr. Small take the family in Chapter 11?
5. What does Mayhew explain about his father?
6. What impression does Thomas have when his family attends church in Chapter 10?
7. What do Mr. Small and Thomas find when they go into a cave?
8. What do Mr. Small and Thomas find in Chapter 14 when they enter the cave?
9. What do the Darrows want?
10. Who helps to clean the kitchen up at the start of Chapter 16?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)