|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Thomas and his father do after blocking the access to the tunnel?
(a) They talk about all the tunnels that exist in the house.
(b) Great battles of the Civil War.
(c) His work.
2. Where does Thomas burst through at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) The kitchen door.
(b) The front door.
(c) The back door.
(d) The living room door.
3. Where is the house located on the landscape?
(a) On a ravine.
(b) On the top of the hill.
(c) Near the interstate.
(d) In the middle of the town.
4. Who is the god of the underworld?
5. Who is a little frightened by the house?
(a) Thomas' siblings.
(c) Thomas' father.
(d) Thomas' mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the man who built the house?
2. What is Thomas frightened by in the tunnel?
3. What does Thomas find hidden in the ground?
4. What do Thomas and his family do after finding the triangles?
5. What is the weather when the Small family arrives at the house in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Thomas is walking through the woods?
2. What does Thomas drop and what happens while is was walking?
3. What does Thomas notice about Mr. Small at the end of Chapter 7?
4. What does Thomas find in the kitchen?
5. What does Thomas tell his father about at the start of Chapter 5?
6. Why does Thomas find the furniture arrangement offensive?
7. Who does Thomas think fondly of when moving to Ohio?
8. What do the people who arrive at the house ask Thomas?
9. What does Mr. Small find with the diagram he makes?
10. What is the rumor about the Dies Drear house?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)