|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas' father think the sound really was?
(a) A ghost.
(b) Mr. Pluto's bellows.
(c) A prank by local children.
(d) The wind.
2. Where is Thomas sitting at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) The family car.
(b) In a boat.
(c) In a plane.
(d) In a train.
3. What country did Dies Drear send his guest to?
4. What does Thomas wait for before leaving his bedroom?
(a) That his parents turn the light off.
(b) That his parents are quiet in their room.
(c) That his brothers stop crying.
(d) For the moon to be behind the clouds.
5. What does Thomas' father do to block access to the tunnel?
(a) He removes the mechanism.
(b) He moves a large rock in front of the entrance.
(c) He puts an alarm in.
(d) He nails planks on the entrance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a little frightened by the house?
2. Where does Thomas fall asleep?
3. What was the name of the man who built the house?
4. What did the network that helped slaves make use of to hide them?
5. Who is Thomas with when he sees Mr. Pluto riding to church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Thomas and his father discuss while eating?
2. At the start of Chapter 4, who arrives at the house?
3. What was the Underground Railroad according to Chapter 1?
4. What did Dies Drear give to others according to Chapter 2?
5. What does Mr. Small do to the mechanism?
6. Why is the caretaker of the house also known as Mr. Pluto?
7. What does Thomas notice about Mr. Small at the end of Chapter 7?
8. Where does Thomas lay down?
9. Why did Thomas send the people that arrived away?
10. What does Thomas tell his father about at the start of Chapter 5?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)