|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Thomas go outside to look around the house?
(a) To look for the treasure.
(b) To try to guess the secret passages and rooms.
(c) To try to find the girl again.
(d) To try to find rocks for his collection.
2. Where does Thomas bring his siblings after arriving at the house?
(a) To the veranda.
(b) To the backyard.
(c) To the living room.
(d) To their bedroom.
3. What is Mr. Pluto riding when Thomas sees him?
(a) A car.
(b) A bus.
(c) A horse drawn wagon.
(d) A old motorcycle.
4. What does Thomas' father do with the triangles before trying to fit them together?
(a) He photographs them.
(b) He shows them to Mr. Pluto.
(c) He makes a diagram.
(d) He put them in the trash.
5. What did Dies Drear have built in the house?
(a) A miniature train.
(c) Secret places.
(d) A wine cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Dies Drear originally from?
2. What is Thomas'' father's job?
3. What furniture does Thomas dislike in his bedroom?
4. What does Thomas' father feel about the triangles?
5. What does Thomas do after finishing his drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thomas find in the kitchen?
2. What does Thomas notice about Mr. Small at the end of Chapter 7?
3. What was the Underground Railroad according to Chapter 1?
4. What was considered a crime?
5. What does Thomas drop and what happens while is was walking?
6. What does Thomas find when he wakes in the beginning of Chapter 9?
7. What do Thomas and his father discuss while eating?
8. What happens when Thomas is walking through the woods?
9. What does Thomas discover when he is looking at the heavy front door?
10. Why does Thomas dislike his room according to Chapter 8?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)