|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pluto's gesture suggest to Thomas?
(a) That he is a nice person.
(b) That he wants them to buy the house.
(c) That Mr. Pluto wants them to leave soon.
(d) That he is color blind.
2. Who died with the man who build the house?
(a) Two of his sons.
(b) Two slaves.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) his wife.
3. Where does Thomas lay down in Chapter 6?
(a) On a rock.
(b) In the grass.
(c) On a blanket.
(d) On a stump.
4. What is Thomas frightened by in the tunnel?
(a) Goolish sounds.
(c) A sound like heavy breathing.
5. Who is Thomas with when he sees Mr. Pluto riding to church?
(a) With his father.
(b) With his brothers.
(c) With his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sarah's nickname?
2. What does Thomas' father think the sound really was?
3. What sound does Thomas' father ask him to describe before going to church?
4. What is Thomas watching at the start of Chapter 8?
5. How does Thomas enter the tunnel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Small find with the diagram he makes?
2. Who is the house they were moving to once owned by?
3. What happens when Thomas is walking through the woods?
4. What does Thomas tell his father about at the start of Chapter 5?
5. What does Thomas do outside of the house in Chapter 6?
6. What does Thomas find in the kitchen?
7. What does Thomas notice about Mr. Small at the end of Chapter 7?
8. Where does Thomas decide to sleep?
9. What was considered a crime?
10. What does Mr. Small do to the mechanism?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)