|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man do after Thomas begins to run?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He returns home.
(c) He throws a rock at Thomas.
(d) He runs after Thomas.
2. How does the intruder enter the house?
(a) Through a mirror.
(b) By the back door.
(c) Using a crowbar.
(d) By the kitchen tunnel.
3. Where is Thomas' family moving to?
(d) San diego.
4. What does Thomas' father feel about the triangles?
(a) He is concerned.
(b) He is not concerned.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is scared.
5. What does Thomas do after finishing his drink?
(a) He goes to bed.
(b) He looks at the stars.
(c) He reads a book.
(d) He watches a movie in his bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a little frightened by the house?
2. What is Thomas given at the start of Chapter 8?
3. What did Dies Drear build the house for?
4. Where does Thomas fall asleep?
5. What does Thomas tell his father about the tunnel at the start of Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thomas drop and what happens while is was walking?
2. Who does Thomas think fondly of when moving to Ohio?
3. What do Thomas and his father discuss while eating?
4. Why does Thomas dislike his room according to Chapter 8?
5. What does Mr. Small tell Thomas about the sound he heard the night before?
6. What does Thomas discover when he is looking at the heavy front door?
7. Why did Thomas send the people that arrived away?
8. How is the house of Dies Drear described at the start of Chapter 3?
9. Why does Thomas find the furniture arrangement offensive?
10. What does Thomas tell his father about at the start of Chapter 5?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)