|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Thomas go outside to look around the house?
(a) To try to guess the secret passages and rooms.
(b) To try to find the girl again.
(c) To try to find rocks for his collection.
(d) To look for the treasure.
2. Where is Mr. Pluto when Thomas' father arrive?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) On the porch.
(d) In front of the back door.
3. Who is the god of the underworld?
4. Where is the furniture Thomas dislikes in his bedroom?
(a) In front of the door.
(b) In front of the fireplace.
(c) Behind his desk.
(d) In front of the window.
5. Where was Dies Drear originally from?
(b) New York.
(c) Rhodes Island.
(d) New England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas find ready for him in Chapter 9?
2. What does Thomas wait for before leaving his bedroom?
3. Where does Thomas bring his siblings after arriving at the house?
4. What do Thomas and his father agree the triangles are?
5. What does Thomas' father say to Mr Pluto?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Thomas is walking through the woods?
2. What does Mr. Small do to the mechanism?
3. Who is the house they were moving to once owned by?
4. What does Thomas tell his father about at the start of Chapter 5?
5. What was considered a crime?
6. What name was Dies Drear also known by?
7. What does Thomas find when he wakes in the beginning of Chapter 9?
8. Why is the caretaker of the house also known as Mr. Pluto?
9. What does Mr. Small tell Thomas about the sound he heard the night before?
10. What does Thomas do outside of the house in Chapter 6?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)