|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Small say a slave could hide from hunters?
(a) In the orphanage.
(b) The Freeman's church congregation.
(c) In cotton fields.
(d) In the local textile factory.
2. Who does Thomas' mother think is responsible for the destruction?
(a) The Darrows.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) Mr. Pluto.
3. What does Thomas think of the congregation and Mr. Pluto?
(a) He thinks the congregation ignores Mr. Pluto.
(b) He thinks the congregation likes Mr. Pluto.
(c) He thinks the congregation respects Mr. Pluto.
(d) He thinks the congregation fears Mr. Pluto.
4. Where does Thomas go after waking up the following morning?
(a) To the tunnel.
(b) To the kitchen.
(c) He stays in his bedroom.
(d) To the cave.
5. How is Mr. Pluto's son dressed?
(a) Like a priest.
(b) Like Mr. Pluto.
(c) Like Thomas's father.
(d) Like Mr. Darrow.
6. What do Thomas and his father find at his office?
(a) A welcome basket.
(b) A small triangle.
(c) A warning note.
(d) A small book.
7. What does Mrs. Small say she needs to buy a lot of?
(d) Curtain material.
8. What is broken in the vandalized room?
(b) The furniture.
(c) The fridge.
(d) The radio.
9. What does Mr. Pluto's son hope to do by dressing as he does?
(a) Defraud the Darrows.
(b) Confuse the Darrows.
(c) Look for other tunnels uninterrupted.
(d) Enter the Darrow's house at night.
10. How does Thomas' father open the secret passage in the wall?
(a) By pressing against a wall.
(b) By pressing a button.
(c) By pulling a dangling rope.
(d) By pushing a rock.
11. Who used the triangles the Smalls found in their home?
(a) Dies Drear.
(b) The local slave owners.
(c) The slaves.
(d) The slave hunters.
12. What does Pesty mount?
(a) A large downed tree.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A horse.
(d) A carriage.
13. Why does Mayhew want to send his father to the hospital?
(a) To go back to the city.
(b) To confuse the Darrows and have the doctor assess his condition.
(c) To have a psychological evaluation.
(d) To protect him from harm.
14. Who does Thomas' father talk to at the Carr filing station?
(a) The owner.
(b) The youngest boy.
(c) The oldest boy.
(d) Mrs. Darrow.
15. How do the intruders react to the act?
(a) They are scared.
(b) They are angry.
(c) They are amused.
(d) They are surprised.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the vandalizing of the kitchen persuade Thomas' father to do?
2. What do Thomas and his family tour after lunch?
3. What is Thomas' position at the start of Chapter 18?
4. How did Mr. Pluto find the tunnels?
5. What do Mr. Pluto and his son realize they need to do in order to keep the Darrows at bay?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)