|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Thomas and his father find inside the cave?
(a) Gardening tools.
(b) A bed.
(d) A bed and a few newspapers.
2. What does Pesty mount?
(a) A large downed tree.
(b) A horse.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A motorcycle.
3. Who wants to be a ghost?
(a) Mr. Pluto.
(b) Mrs. Small.
4. Why do Thomas and his family want to hire a locksmith?
(a) To change the locks of the house.
(b) To repair the kitchen door lock.
(c) To repair their car door.
(d) To buy a lock for the tunnels.
5. Who does Thomas' father talk to at the Carr filing station?
(a) The youngest boy.
(b) The oldest boy.
(c) The owner.
(d) Mrs. Darrow.
6. What will keep the intruders away for a long time according to Mr. Pluto?
(a) A barbwire fence.
(b) Their shame.
(c) A court order.
(d) The police.
7. Who do Thomas and his father find in the secret passage with Mr. Pluto?
(a) Mrs. Darrow.
(d) Mrs. Pluto.
8. How do the intruders react to the act?
(a) They are amused.
(b) They are angry.
(c) They are scared.
(d) They are surprised.
9. What does Mr. Pluto think of scaring the Darrows?
(a) It is a good idea.
(b) It is risky.
(c) They already tried it and it failed.
(d) It is foolish.
10. How does Thomas' father open the secret passage in the wall?
(a) By pressing a button.
(b) By pushing a rock.
(c) By pulling a dangling rope.
(d) By pressing against a wall.
11. What do Thomas and his father find at his office?
(a) A welcome basket.
(b) A warning note.
(c) A small book.
(d) A small triangle.
12. What does the vandalizing of the kitchen persuade Thomas' father to do?
(a) Keep out of the affairs of Mr.Pluto and the Darrows.
(b) Go to the police.
(c) Protect the treasure.
(d) Leave the house.
13. What does Thomas' father decide to wait for before telling the foundation about the treasure?
(a) For the Smalls to find another house.
(b) To finish cataloging the treasure.
(c) For Thomas to attend college.
(d) For Mr. Pluto to die.
14. What is Mr. Pluto driven to do according to his son?
(a) Fight against the Darrows.
(c) Protect the treasure.
(d) Hoard the treasure.
15. What does Mayhew say of the tunnel he shows the Smalls?
(a) It was the first to be built.
(b) It was used by Mr. Pluto.
(c) It was used by looters.
(d) It might have been used by the Darrows to enter the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room do they find vandalized?
2. Who is guilty of destroying the Smalls' kitchen?
3. Where does Thomas' father bring his family after church?
4. What does Thomas think of the church congregation in Chapter 10?
5. Who does Thomas' mother think is responsible for the destruction?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)