|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Pluto driven to do according to his son?
(a) Hoard the treasure.
(b) Fight against the Darrows.
(d) Protect the treasure.
2. What family does Mr. Carr speak of to Thomas's father?
(a) The Mark family.
(b) The Smith family.
(c) The Darrow family.
(d) The Drear family.
3. What do Thomas and his father find inside the cave?
(a) A bed.
(b) Gardening tools.
(c) A bed and a few newspapers.
4. What does Mayhew ask Thomas and his father to do?
(a) Leave the house.
(b) Go to a theater store.
(c) Go to the police.
(d) Go talk to the Darrows.
5. Who does Thomas' father talk to at the Carr filing station?
(a) The oldest boy.
(b) The owner.
(c) Mrs. Darrow.
(d) The youngest boy.
6. What is Thomas' position at the start of Chapter 18?
(a) He is up in a tree.
(b) He hides behind a large rock.
(c) He is lying flat on his tummy.
(d) He is standing behind a tree.
7. Why does Mayhew want to send his father to the hospital?
(a) To have a psychological evaluation.
(b) To go back to the city.
(c) To protect him from harm.
(d) To confuse the Darrows and have the doctor assess his condition.
8. What do Thomas and his father find in the secret passage with Mr. Pluto?
(a) Another empty room.
(b) The tomb of Dies Drear.
(c) Many treasures.
(d) Two cloaked men.
9. What is Mr. Pluto afraid of at first according to his son?
(a) That the Dies Drear Foundation will find his treasure.
(b) The Smalls.
(c) The Darrows.
(d) That the house will collapse.
10. What did Mr. Pluto lose while protecting the tunnels from the Darrows?
(a) His job.
(b) His wife and child.
(c) His dog.
(d) His sanity.
11. What is Mr. Pluto doing when Thomas and his father see him?
(a) He is smoking and pacing.
(b) He is napping.
(c) He is looking at them with binoculars.
(d) He is fishing.
12. What are the Smalls and Mayhew talking about at the start of Chapter 16?
(a) Their plan to involve the police.
(b) His plan to keep the Darrows away.
(c) Their plan to put Mr, Pluto in a hospital.
(d) Their plan to turn the treasure over to the foundation.
13. How long has Mr. Pluto lived in the caves?
(a) 50 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 30 years.
14. What do Thomas and his family do before returning home after going to the Carr filling station?
(a) They tour the local lake.
(b) They tour the town.
(c) They tour the countryside.
(d) They go for an ice cream.
15. Why do Thomas and his family want to hire a locksmith?
(a) To repair the kitchen door lock.
(b) To change the locks of the house.
(c) To repair their car door.
(d) To buy a lock for the tunnels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room do they find vandalized?
2. Why does Thomas' father hope Mr. Pluto will die before he finishes cataloging the Dies Drear treasure?
3. How long did Mr. Pluto look for the tunnels?
4. What does the vandalizing of the kitchen persuade Thomas' father to do?
5. How did Mr. Pluto find the tunnels?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)