|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas find ready for him in Chapter 9?
(a) His new bike.
(b) His daily homework.
(c) His church clothes.
(d) His breakfast.
2. What happened to people caught helping slaves in the 1800s?
(a) They were banished.
(b) They were jailed or murdered.
(c) They were taken as slaves.
(d) They were fined.
3. What does Thomas want to keep watch for?
(c) His brothers.
4. Where was Dies Drear originally from?
(a) Rhodes Island.
(b) New York.
(d) New England.
5. What does Thomas do while lying down?
(a) He reads.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He looks at the sky.
(d) He lets his mind wander.
6. How old is the boy according to Thomas?
(a) About his age.
(b) About twenty.
(c) About half his age.
(d) About twice his age.
7. Why isn't Thomas worried about the rumors about the house?
(a) He does not have enough money to buy it.
(b) He knows how to fix house fundations.
(c) He does not believe them.
(d) He thinks his family will be able to befriend the ghosts.
8. What is Mr. Pluto riding when Thomas sees him?
(a) A old motorcycle.
(b) A horse drawn wagon.
(c) A car.
(d) A bus.
9. What does Thomas do in order to better see the house?
(a) He looks at small details.
(b) He climbs the hill.
(c) He takes pictures.
(d) He look for strange shapes on the walls.
10. What do Thomas and his father agree the triangles are?
(a) A practical joke by local children.
(b) A good omen.
(c) A warning to leave the house.
(d) A welcome gift.
11. Where does Thomas fall asleep?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the parlor.
(c) In the tunnel.
(d) In his parents bedroom.
12. What is the nickname of the caretaker of the house ?
(a) Mr. Hercules.
(b) Mr. Pluto.
(c) Mr. Mars.
(d) Mr. Smith.
13. What is the house rumored to be?
(b) Poorly built.
(c) Prone to flooding.
(d) A good investment.
14. How many siblings does Thomas have?
15. What is the first thing the boy and the girl ask Thomas?
(a) What his name is.
(b) Why he is at the house.
(c) Where his parents are.
(d) How old he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas' father see in the tunnel?
2. What do Thomas and his family do after his father blocks the access to the tunnel?
3. How does Thomas exit the tunnel?
4. Where does Thomas end up exiting the tunnel?
5. Why does Thomas plunge into total darkness?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)