|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thomas describe the boy who arrives after the young girl?
2. What do Thomas and his family do after his father blocks the access to the tunnel?
(a) They clean the house.
(b) They look for other tunnels.
(c) They watch a movie.
(d) They have a meal.
3. What does Thomas' father think the sound really was?
(a) The wind.
(b) A ghost.
(c) Mr. Pluto's bellows.
(d) A prank by local children.
4. Who is the god of the underworld?
5. What does Thomas tell his father about the tunnel at the start of Chapter 5?
(a) That it is dark.
(b) That he found a monster.
(c) That rats are numerous.
(d) That he heard a breathing sound.
6. How long has the house been occupied on average since the death of Dies Drear?
(a) No more than a few weeks at a time.
(b) Only from 1945 to 1956.
(c) No more than a year.
(d) Full time since 1962.
7. What does Thomas' father promise his son in Chapter 5?
(a) That he will show him where all the tunnels are.
(b) That he will like his new school.
(c) That he will explore the house with him.
(d) That he will get him a bike.
8. Who is riding with Mr. Pluto to church?
(a) A cloaked figure.
(d) He rides alone.
9. Beside being the caretaker of the house, what is Mr Pluto's other occupation?
(a) He is a farm hand.
(b) He is a blacksmith.
(c) He is a tailor.
(d) He is a carpenter.
10. What is the weather when the Small family arrives at the house in Chapter 3?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is night time.
(c) It is sunny.
(d) It is snowing.
11. Where does Thomas go after getting up in Chapter 6?
(a) He goes back home.
(b) He goes back in the tunnel.
(c) He goes in the woods.
(d) He goes in an abandoned house.
12. What is Sarah's nickname?
13. What is Mr. Pluto riding when Thomas sees him?
(a) A old motorcycle.
(b) A horse drawn wagon.
(c) A car.
(d) A bus.
14. Where does Thomas bring his siblings after arriving at the house?
(a) To the veranda.
(b) To the backyard.
(c) To the living room.
(d) To their bedroom.
15. What do Thomas and his father agree the triangles are?
(a) A practical joke by local children.
(b) A warning to leave the house.
(c) A good omen.
(d) A welcome gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to people caught helping slaves in the 1800s?
2. What does Thomas do in order to better see the house?
3. What attracts Thomas' father's sight?
4. What is Thomas excited about in Chapter 1?
5. Where is Mr. Pluto when Thomas' father arrive?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)