|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the house rumored to be?
(b) A good investment.
(c) Prone to flooding.
(d) Poorly built.
2. What does Thomas find offensive?
(a) Mr. Pluto's furniture arrangement.
(b) The color scheme of the house.
(c) The smell of the toilet.
(d) The condition of the stables.
3. What furniture does Thomas dislike in his bedroom?
(a) A heavy chair.
(b) The desk.
(c) His bed.
(d) The dresser.
4. What country did Dies Drear send his guest to?
5. Who is riding with Mr. Pluto to church?
(b) A cloaked figure.
(d) He rides alone.
6. What does Thomas discover on the front door?
(a) A button.
(b) A handle.
(c) A note.
(d) A switch.
7. What does Thomas' father see in the tunnel?
(a) A dog.
(d) Mr. Pluto.
8. Why does Thomas ask the boy and the girl to leave?
(a) He wants to go in the tunnel.
(b) He thinks they are ghosts.
(c) He does not like them.
(d) He thinks they are dangerous.
9. What is Mr. Pluto riding when Thomas sees him?
(a) A horse drawn wagon.
(b) A old motorcycle.
(c) A bus.
(d) A car.
10. Who died with the man who build the house?
(a) Two of his sons.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) his wife.
(d) Two slaves.
11. What does Thomas do while lying down?
(a) He lets his mind wander.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He reads.
(d) He looks at the sky.
12. What is Thomas' last name?
13. What did Dies Drear give to the people that passed through his house to help them?
(a) Maps of the area.
14. What was the name of the network that helped escaped slaves going north in Chapter 1?
(a) The Low Railroad.
(b) Underground Highway.
(c) Underground Railroad.
(d) The High Highway.
15. How many slaves were captured with the house owner?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thomas go outside to look around the house?
2. What did the network that helped slaves make use of to hide them?
3. What does Thomas' father promise his son in Chapter 5?
4. What does Thomas think Mr. Pluto is?
5. Beside being the caretaker of the house, what is Mr Pluto's other occupation?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)