|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has the house been occupied on average since the death of Dies Drear?
(a) No more than a year.
(b) No more than a few weeks at a time.
(c) Only from 1945 to 1956.
(d) Full time since 1962.
2. What does Thomas' mother prepare for breakfast?
(b) Bacon and eggs.
3. Where is the tunnel hiding?
(a) Behind the front porch steps.
(b) Behind the office.
(c) Below the bathroom.
(d) In front of the stables.
4. What is Sarah's nickname?
5. What do Thomas and his father agree the triangles are?
(a) A practical joke by local children.
(b) A good omen.
(c) A welcome gift.
(d) A warning to leave the house.
6. How does the young girl Thomas meets at the end of Chapter 3 arrive at the house?
(a) By car.
(b) On horseback.
(c) On a bike.
7. Where is Thomas sitting at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) In a boat.
(b) The family car.
(c) In a train.
(d) In a plane.
8. Where does Thomas fall asleep?
(a) In his parents bedroom.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the tunnel.
(d) In the parlor.
9. How does the intruder enter the house?
(a) Through a mirror.
(b) By the kitchen tunnel.
(c) Using a crowbar.
(d) By the back door.
10. What does Thomas' father think the sound really was?
(a) A ghost.
(b) The wind.
(c) A prank by local children.
(d) Mr. Pluto's bellows.
11. What does the man tell Thomas?
(a) To stop digging in his garden.
(b) To get off his house.
(c) To stop bouncing on the capped well.
(d) To leave his planks alone.
12. What did Dies Drear have built in the house?
(a) A wine cellar.
(c) Secret places.
(d) A miniature train.
13. How is Thomas' father looking at Mr Pluto?
(c) With fear.
14. What furniture does Thomas dislike in his bedroom?
(a) His bed.
(b) The desk.
(c) The dresser.
(d) A heavy chair.
15. What does Thomas find ready for him in Chapter 9?
(a) His church clothes.
(b) His new bike.
(c) His breakfast.
(d) His daily homework.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Thomas excited about in Chapter 1?
2. How does Thomas exit the tunnel?
3. What does Thomas' father promise his son in Chapter 5?
4. What does Thomas do while lying down?
5. How did the man who built the house die?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)