|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Thomas and his family do after finding the triangles?
(a) They go to the police.
(b) They pack their suitcases.
(c) They have breakfast.
(d) They hurry in preparation for church.
2. What did Dies Drear have built in the house?
(b) A miniature train.
(c) A wine cellar.
(d) Secret places.
3. What was Dies Drear's nickname?
4. What does Thomas find hidden in the ground?
(b) Wood planks.
(c) A trap door.
5. What is Sarah's nickname?
6. Where is Thomas sitting at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) In a boat.
(b) In a train.
(c) In a plane.
(d) The family car.
7. Where does Thomas bring his siblings after arriving at the house?
(a) To the backyard.
(b) To their bedroom.
(c) To the living room.
(d) To the veranda.
8. What is the house rumored to be?
(a) A good investment.
(b) Prone to flooding.
(d) Poorly built.
9. What does Thomas' father say to Mr Pluto?
(a) He tells him to leave.
(b) He ask him about a locksmith.
(c) He thanks him for getting the house ready.
(d) He asks him if he wants to stay for dinner.
10. What is the first thing the boy and the girl ask Thomas?
(a) What his name is.
(b) Where his parents are.
(c) How old he is.
(d) Why he is at the house.
11. What is Mr. Pluto riding when Thomas sees him?
(a) A car.
(b) A old motorcycle.
(c) A horse drawn wagon.
(d) A bus.
12. What does Thomas hear when laying down?
(a) A sighing sound.
(b) A cracking sound.
(c) A car approaching.
(d) A horse.
13. Where is Thomas when he makes his discovery?
(a) On the roof of a house
(b) Above a capped well.
(c) Above a secret tunnel.
(d) Above a geothermal source.
14. What does Thomas' father think the sound really was?
(a) A ghost.
(b) Mr. Pluto's bellows.
(c) A prank by local children.
(d) The wind.
15. What do Thomas and his family do after his father blocks the access to the tunnel?
(a) They look for other tunnels.
(b) They have a meal.
(c) They watch a movie.
(d) They clean the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beside being the caretaker of the house, what is Mr Pluto's other occupation?
2. What do Thomas and his father agree the triangles are?
3. What was the name of the man who built the house?
4. What attracts Thomas' father's sight?
5. What does Dies Drear's nickname mean?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)