Short Answer Questions Key
1. What was the name of the network that helped escaped slaves going north in Chapter 1?
2. What happened to people caught helping slaves in the 1800s?
They were jailed or murdered.
3. What did the network that helped slaves make use of to hide them?
Tunnels and secret rooms.
4. Where is Thomas sitting at the start of Chapter 1?
The family car.
5. What is Thomas' last name?
6. What is Thomas'' father's job?
He is a history professor.
7. Where is Thomas' family moving to?
8. What is Thomas excited about in Chapter 1?
Moving into a house with an important history.
This section contains 4,318 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)