Short Answer Key
1. What was the name of the network that helped escaped slaves going north in Chapter 1?
2. What happened to people caught helping slaves in the 1800s?
They were jailed or murdered.
3. What did the network that helped slaves make use of to hide them?
Tunnels and secret rooms.
4. Where is Thomas sitting at the start of Chapter 1?
The family car.
5. What is Thomas' last name?
6. What is Thomas'' father's job?
He is a history professor.
7. Where is Thomas' family moving to?
8. What is Thomas excited about in Chapter 1?
Moving into a house with an important history.
9. What was the name of the man who built the house?
10. How did the man who built the house die?
He was killed.
11. Who died with the man who build the...
This section contains 2,259 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)