|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Thomas and his father do after blocking the access to the tunnel?
(b) Great battles of the Civil War.
(c) They talk about all the tunnels that exist in the house.
(d) His work.
2. What does Dies Drear's nickname mean?
(b) White man.
3. What did the network that helped slaves make use of to hide them?
(a) Hidden carriage compartments.
(b) Fake horses.
(d) Tunnels and secret rooms.
4. What furniture does Thomas dislike in his bedroom?
(a) The desk.
(b) A heavy chair.
(c) The dresser.
(d) His bed.
5. What does Mayhew ask Thomas and his father to do?
(a) Go to the police.
(b) Go talk to the Darrows.
(c) Go to a theater store.
(d) Leave the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't Thomas worried about the rumors about the house?
2. What does Mayhew say of the tunnel he shows the Smalls?
3. Why does Thomas plunge into total darkness?
4. What do the boy and the girl argue about?
5. Who is guilty of destroying the Smalls' kitchen?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)