|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has the house been occupied on average since the death of Dies Drear?
(a) Full time since 1962.
(b) No more than a year.
(c) Only from 1945 to 1956.
(d) No more than a few weeks at a time.
2. How does Thomas exit the tunnel?
(a) By moving a wall.
(b) By the trap door.
(c) The way he entered it.
(d) Using a ladder.
3. What do Thomas' parents have a queer reaction to?
(a) The kitchen door.
(b) The living room door.
(c) The front door.
(d) The back door.
4. How did the man who built the house die?
(a) He had a horse accident.
(b) He drown.
(c) He died of old age.
(d) He was killed.
5. Why does Thomas ask the boy and the girl to leave?
(a) He does not like them.
(b) He wants to go in the tunnel.
(c) He thinks they are dangerous.
(d) He thinks they are ghosts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the tunnel hiding?
2. What is the nickname of the caretaker of the house ?
3. What does Thomas discover on the front door?
4. Where does Thomas end up exiting the tunnel?
5. What does Thomas find offensive?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)