|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dies Drear build the house for?
(a) To look for gold.
(b) Helping slaves.
(c) Make money in cotton.
(d) Establish a trade post.
2. How does Thomas exit the tunnel?
(a) The way he entered it.
(b) Using a ladder.
(c) By moving a wall.
(d) By the trap door.
3. How did the man who built the house die?
(a) He had a horse accident.
(b) He was killed.
(c) He drown.
(d) He died of old age.
4. How does the young girl Thomas meets at the end of Chapter 3 arrive at the house?
(b) On a bike.
(c) By car.
(d) On horseback.
5. Where is the house located on the landscape?
(a) On a ravine.
(b) On the top of the hill.
(c) In the middle of the town.
(d) Near the interstate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boy and the girl argue about?
2. What is the house rumored to be?
3. Why isn't Thomas worried about the rumors about the house?
4. Where is the flashlight Thomas uses in the tunnel?
5. What is Thomas'' father's job?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)