1. What was the name of the network that helped escaped slaves going north in Chapter 1?
(a) The High Highway.
(b) The Low Railroad.
(c) Underground Highway.
(d) Underground Railroad.
2. What happened to people caught helping slaves in the 1800s?
(a) They were taken as slaves.
(b) They were banished.
(c) They were jailed or murdered.
(d) They were fined.
3. What did the network that helped slaves make use of to hide them?
(a) Tunnels and secret rooms.
(b) Fake horses.
(d) Hidden carriage compartments.
4. Where is Thomas sitting at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) In a train.
(b) In a boat.
(c) In a plane.
(d) The family car.
5. What is Thomas' last name?
6. What is Thomas'' father's job?
(a) He is a blacksmith.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a history professor.
7. Where is Thomas' family moving to?
(b) San diego.
8. What is Thomas excited about in Chapter 1?
(a) Moving near a Civil War battlefield and museum.
(b) Moving into a house with an important history.
(c) Moving in the mountain.
(d) Moving near the sea.
This section contains 4,318 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)