|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Mrs. Michaelis convince Karen to wait for until she told Ray about Max?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) Five days.
(d) Six months.
2. What was the weather like during Karen and Max's rendezvous in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) It was sunny.
(b) It was windy.
(c) It was snowy.
(d) It was rainy.
3. What do Leopold and Madame Fisher do when a visitor arrives downstairs in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) They go downstairs to greet the visitor.
(b) They change into formal clothes.
(c) They do not make much notice.
(d) They phone the police.
4. What did Karen's mother discover in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) That Karen was pregnant.
(b) That Naomi was ill.
(c) That neighbors were gossiping about Karen.
(d) That Karen was lying.
5. How did Leopold come to live with his current family?
(a) Leopold lives with them so he can attend a particular school.
(b) Leopold was kicked out from his previous home for stealing.
(c) Leopold ran away from his previous home.
(d) The woman previously caring for Leopold suddenly died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Karen's parents doing when she received a call from Max?
2. What did Karen mean when she asked Max if he could live "here" in Part 2, Chapter 9?
3. What does Henrietta feel for Leopold in Part 3, Chapter 1?
4. What does Miss Fisher tell Leopold when she comes back downstairs in Part 3, Chapter 1?
5. Who was the letter addressed to in Part 2, Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn of Max's and Karen's relationship in Paris?
2. What did Karen's mother comment on Naomi's and Max's relationship?
3. Why did Karen cry in Part 2, Chapter 8 and how did her display of emotion affect her night with Max?
4. How did Karen handle it when Max left for Paris?
5. Describe the opening scene of Part 2, Chapter 5.
6. How did Karen's mother discover that Karen had been lying about who she was with on the weekend in Part 2, Chapter 11?
7. What did Karen do upon arriving at the hotel in Part 2, Chapter 9 and why did she do this?
8. What did Karen realize while walking through the town with Max in Part 2, Chapter 9?
9. How did Karen discover that her mother knew she was lying in Part 2, Chapter 11?
10. How does Leopold react to the news that his mother will not be visiting?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)