|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Karen struggle with as she saw Max and Naomi off to Paris?
(a) How to bear staying in England.
(b) Her injured leg.
(c) Her fear that she would not see them again.
(d) How to put her feelings for Max aside.
2. What did Naomi, Karen and Max banter about in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) The latest fashion styles.
(b) Train travel.
(c) The merits of being English.
(d) English versus French theatre.
3. What country did Leopold live in first?
4. What do Leopold and Madame Fisher do when a visitor arrives downstairs in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) They do not make much notice.
(b) They change into formal clothes.
(c) They phone the police.
(d) They go downstairs to greet the visitor.
5. At the end of Part 2, Chapter 10, what did Max look at for the last time?
(a) The canal.
(b) The waterfall.
(c) The church.
(d) The harbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Naomi reveal to Karen during her visit in Part 2, Chapter 12?
2. How would Karen and Max have felt if they had actually become a couple.
3. Who was the letter addressed to in Part 2, Chapter 10?
4. What did both Karen and Max believe Naomi knew as of Part 2, Chapter 10?
5. What did Karen reveal to Naomi in Part 2, Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Madame Fisher tell Leopold about his past in Part 3, Chapter 2?
2. What does the reader learn of Max's and Karen's relationship in Paris?
3. How did Karen's mother discover that Karen had been lying about who she was with on the weekend in Part 2, Chapter 11?
4. How does Henrietta comfort Leopold in Part 3, Chapter 1?
5. What happened at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
6. How did Karen feel about being with Max and Naomi in Part 2, Chapter 5?
7. Why did Karen cry in Part 2, Chapter 8 and how did her display of emotion affect her night with Max?
8. How did Karen discover that her mother knew she was lying in Part 2, Chapter 11?
9. After confessing to her mother about her plans with Max, what did Mrs.Michaelis convince Karen to do?
10. What did Karen and Max do on their rendezvous in Part 2, Chapter 8?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)