|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leopold feel about the way his Italian family lives?
2. When did Karen and Max arrange to meet next at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) In two weeks.
(b) In three months.
(c) In one month.
(d) The following week.
3. How would Karen and Max have felt if they had actually become a couple.
(d) Very unhappy.
4. How does Henrietta react when Leopold begins to cry in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) Henrietta hugs him.
(b) Henrietta leans against him and cries.
(c) Henrietta runs away.
(d) Henrietta gets angry with him.
5. What did Karen believe Madame Fisher was aware of in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) Of Karen's betrayal toward Naomi.
(b) Of Karen's relationship with Ray.
(c) Of what had or could transpire between Max and Karen.
(d) Violet's illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Max reveal to Karen about his father in Part 2, Chapter 6?
2. Who was the letter for that arrived from Madame Fisher in Part 2, Chapter 7?
3. What made Karen cry during her rendezvous with Max in Part 2, Chapter 8?
4. Where did Karen intend to spend a year?
5. What did Madame Fisher promise Karen in the letter in Part 2, Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the reason that Karen and Max met in Boulogne?
2. What did Karen think about while Max was sleeping in Part 2, Chapter 9?
3. What did the letter from Madame Fisher say in Part 2, Chapter 7? How did Mrs.Michaelis react to the letter?
4. How did Karen handle it when Max left for Paris?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 10, after Max and Karen realize that their feelings for each other are stronger than previously thought, what did they decide to do?
6. How does Leopold react to the news that his mother will not be visiting?
7. How does Henrietta comfort Leopold in Part 3, Chapter 1?
8. What did Karen and Max do on their rendezvous in Part 2, Chapter 8?
9. What does Madame Fisher tell Leopold about his past in Part 3, Chapter 2?
10. What did Karen's mother comment on Naomi's and Max's relationship?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)