|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Karen's mother discover in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) That Karen was lying.
(b) That Naomi was ill.
(c) That Karen was pregnant.
(d) That neighbors were gossiping about Karen.
2. What were Karen's parents doing when she received a call from Max?
(a) Karen's parents were at a charity event.
(b) Karen's parents were at a garden party.
(c) Karen's parents were at the theatre.
(d) Karen's parents were at a dance.
3. What did Naomi do when Max and Karen talked alone in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Folded laundry.
(b) Prepared tea.
(c) Hung up Max's coat.
(d) Drew the curtains.
4. What country did Leopold live in first?
5. What did Karen reveal to Naomi in Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) Karen was Naomi's half-sister.
(b) Karen was pregnant with Max's child.
(c) Karenbooked a ticket to travel abroad.
(d) Karen was dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Karen struggle with as she saw Max and Naomi off to Paris?
2. What did Karen realize about her relationship with Naomi in Part 2, Chapter 9?
3. At the end of Chapter 6, what did Naomi do inside while Max and Karen sat in silence outside?
4. What did Karen believe of Madame Fisher's power over Max?
5. What did Max tell Karen during their conversation in Part 2, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news did Naomi tell Karen when she visited in Part 2, Chapter 12? What news did Karen tell Naomi?
2. How did Karen feel about being with Max and Naomi in Part 2, Chapter 5?
3. After confessing to her mother about her plans with Max, what did Mrs.Michaelis convince Karen to do?
4. Why did Karen cry in Part 2, Chapter 8 and how did her display of emotion affect her night with Max?
5. What did Karen find Max doing in the morning in Part 2, Chapter 10?
6. In Part 2, Chapter 10, after Max and Karen realize that their feelings for each other are stronger than previously thought, what did they decide to do?
7. What was the reason that Karen and Max met in Boulogne?
8. What is the state of Madame Fisher's health in Part 3, Chapter 2?
9. When Karen asked Max whether he could live 'here', what did she mean? What did Max think she meant?
10. What did Karen and Max do on their rendezvous in Part 2, Chapter 8?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)