|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henrietta describe Madame Fisher's way of talking?
(a) It is offensive.
(b) It is indifferent.
(c) It is impudent.
(d) It is humorous.
2. What do Henrietta and Leopold both resent?
(a) Rainy days.
(b) The class system.
(c) Doing chores.
(d) Miss Fisher's orders.
3. What did Karen realize before she left Mount Iris in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) She would never see Bill again.
(b) A letter from Ray was probably on its way.
(c) That she would never travel to Ireland again.
(d) That she would be unwelcome in Paris.
4. Who does Madame Fisher urge Henrietta to "never distress"?
(a) Miss Fisher.
(b) Her grandmother.
(d) Madame Fisher.
5. What does Miss Fisher urge Henrietta to do in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Play with Leopold naturally and avoid bringing up why he's there.
(b) Ignore Leopold's attempts at conversation.
(c) Visit the famous sites with Leopold and pretend she is having a great time.
(d) Try to convince Leopold to leave the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Karen learned, where was Naomi going to be in Part 2 Chapter 3?
2. How did Naomi often reply when asked whether her mother still intervened in her life?
3. How did Madame Fisher know Leopold's mother?
4. Why was Leopold frustrated at living in a small Italian city?
5. How did Karen feel while visiting Bill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henrietta think about after leaving Madame Fisher's room in Part 1, Chapter 5?
2. What did Karen learn from Madame Fisher's letter in Part 2, Chapter 3?
3. What is Henrietta's initial impression of Paris?
4. What does Leopold do that causes both he and Henrietta to become nervous at the end of Part 1 Chapter 2?
5. What does Miss Fisher tell Henrietta of the other house guest during the taxi ride?
6. What does Leopold find in Miss Fisher's handbag in Part 1, Chapter 3?
7. What does the reader learn of Leopold's family in Part 1, Chapter 2?
8. How did Karen react to Naomi's presence upon her arrival home? What did Naomi tell her about why she was there?
9. How are Karen's uncle and aunt described?
10. What does Leopold do while Henrietta speaks with Madame Fisher in Part 1, Chapter 3? Why does he do this?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)