|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the letter from Leopold's aunt to Miss Fisher make Leopold feel?
2. What did Karen think of Max?
(a) Karen respected Max.
(b) Karen found Max unlikeable.
(c) Karen thought Max was charming.
(d) Karen thought Max was foolish.
3. How many years in the past is Part 2 set in?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Fifteen years.
4. How did time pass at Mount Iris in Part 2, Chapter 3?
5. What is Henrietta disappointed by in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) The miserable weather which greets her upon her arrival.
(b) Paris' early-morning lack of life.
(c) Miss Fisher's lack of enthusiasm.
(d) The food on the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Karen realize before she left Mount Iris in Part 2, Chapter 3?
2. Why had Naomi made the journey in Part 2, Chapter 4?
3. Why does Henrietta feel resentment once inside the Fishers' house?
4. How might one describe Karen's family?
5. What did Bill confess to Karen in Part 2, Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leopold do while Henrietta speaks with Madame Fisher in Part 1, Chapter 3? Why does he do this?
2. During Karen's conversation with Naomi, what was revealed about Naomi and her anxieties and insecurities?
3. How does Leopold begin to see Henrietta after they agree that Miss Fisher is insane?
4. What does the reader learn of Leopold's family in Part 1, Chapter 2?
5. What does Henrietta confront Leopold about when she returns downstairs after talking to Madame Fisher?
6. Who was Karen engaged to and how did she feel about this engagement?
7. What does Henrietta do for Leopold after he finds a deck of cards?
8. How does Henrietta feel after talking to Madame Fisher in Part 1, Chapter 5?
9. How does Henrietta feel upon entering the Fisher household in Part 1, Chapter 1?
10. What does Henrietta think about after leaving Madame Fisher's room in Part 1, Chapter 5?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)