|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the character who arrived at the end of Chapter 4 want to hear about?
(a) Violet's health.
(b) The latest local gossip.
(c) Naomi's engagement.
(d) Karen's time at Mount Iris.
2. What news does Miss Fisher give Leopold and Henrietta at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) That Henrietta's voyage has been cancelled.
(b) That there is a riot going on in Paris.
(c) That Leopold's mother is no longer able to visit.
(d) That Madame Fisher's health has taken a bad turn.
3. Who arrived at the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Karen's mother.
4. What does the reader learn about Miss Fisher's father?
(a) He died in a freak accident.
(b) He was a soldier.
(c) He was arrested for murder, but released.
(d) He was English.
5. What was Naomi's mother described as?
(a) As patient.
(b) As a busy-body.
(c) As strong-willed.
(d) As saintly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henrietta feel resentment once inside the Fishers' house?
2. What does Henrietta confront Leopold about once she returns downstairs in Part 1, Chapter 5?
3. Besides Ray, who did Karen write to in Part 2, Chapter 2?
4. What do Henrietta and Madame Fisher talk about in Part 1, Chapter 4?
5. How did Karen feel about the intensity of Naomi's devotion towards her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Karen do before leaving Mount Iris?
2. Who was Karen engaged to and how did she feel about this engagement?
3. What did Karen learn from Madame Fisher's letter in Part 2, Chapter 3?
4. Why did Karen go to Ireland?
5. What does Miss Fisher tell Henrietta of the other house guest during the taxi ride?
6. What does Henrietta confront Leopold about when she returns downstairs after talking to Madame Fisher?
7. What does Henrietta do for Leopold after he finds a deck of cards?
8. What does Leopold find in Miss Fisher's handbag in Part 1, Chapter 3?
9. What does the reader learn of Henrietta's family in Part 1, Chapter 2?
10. What happened at the end of Chapter 4 in Part 2?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)