|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Uncle Bill tell Karen not to speak of to the rest of the family?
(a) The fire.
(b) Violet's illness.
(c) His bankruptcy.
(d) Karen's engagement.
2. Why does Miss Fisher take Henrietta upstairs in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) To help her unpack.
(b) To tell her a secret about Leopold.
(c) To show her to her room.
(d) To meet Madame Fisher.
3. What does the reader learn of Henrietta's grandmother and older sister in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) They are Henrietta's best friends.
(b) They are suffocatingly affectionate.
(c) They are domineering.
(d) They are cold and standoffish.
4. What was Karen doing when she was interrupted by Yellow Hat in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Karen was reading a book.
(b) Karen was eating dinner.
(c) Karen was writing a letter.
(d) Karen was sewing.
5. With what sentiment did Karen reply to Ray's letter?
(a) With regret.
(b) With anger.
(c) With enthusiasm.
(d) With impatience.
Short Answer Questions
1. After looking at the stripes of the wallpaper in Part 1, Chapter 5, what does Henrietta comment about the house?
2. How did Naomi often reply when asked whether her mother still intervened in her life?
3. Why was Karen unable to go to Paris like she wanted to in Part 2, Chapter 3?
4. What does Leopold begin to imagine of Henrietta in Part 1 Chapter 5?
5. What does Henrietta never see in daylight again after Part 1, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Karen tell Violet during their conversation about Karen's engagement?
2. What does the letter that Leopold finds in Part 1, Chapter 3 from Henrietta's grandmother say?
3. What did Ray's letter to Karen in Part 2, Chapter 2 ask for and how did Karen respond to the letter?
4. What does Miss Fisher tell Henrietta of the other house guest during the taxi ride?
5. What does Henrietta learn of Leopold's father in Part 1, Chapter 4?
6. How does Leopold begin to see Henrietta after they agree that Miss Fisher is insane?
7. What does Leopold find in Miss Fisher's handbag in Part 1, Chapter 3?
8. Who was Karen engaged to and how did she feel about this engagement?
9. What does Leopold do while Henrietta speaks with Madame Fisher in Part 1, Chapter 3? Why does he do this?
10. How are Karen's uncle and aunt described?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)