|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Leopold come to live with his current family?
(a) Leopold was kicked out from his previous home for stealing.
(b) Leopold lives with them so he can attend a particular school.
(c) Leopold ran away from his previous home.
(d) The woman previously caring for Leopold suddenly died.
2. What did Mrs. Michaelis say after reading the letter from Madame Fisher in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) That it would be rude to not reply immediately.
(b) That she didn't feel the need to answer it.
(c) That she was embarassed by Madame Fisher.
(d) That Karen ought to go to Paris as soon as possible.
3. What does Henrietta feel for Leopold in Part 3, Chapter 1?
4. How long did Mrs. Michaelis convince Karen to wait for until she told Ray about Max?
(a) Six months.
(b) Five days.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
5. Who was the letter for that arrived from Madame Fisher in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(c) Mrs. Michaelis.
6. What does Miss Fisher tell Leopold to do at the end of Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) To leave Madame Fisher's room.
(b) To wash up for dinner.
(c) To sit with Henrietta.
(d) To take a letter to the post office.
7. What did Karen's mother discover in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) That Naomi was ill.
(b) That neighbors were gossiping about Karen.
(c) That Karen was pregnant.
(d) That Karen was lying.
8. What kind of tree did Max and Karen talk under in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) A birch tree.
(b) An apple tree.
(c) A cherry tree.
(d) A maple tree.
9. How did Karen feel while watching Max write a letter in Part 2, Chapter 10?
10. What do Leopold and Madame Fisher do when a visitor arrives downstairs in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) They change into formal clothes.
(b) They do not make much notice.
(c) They go downstairs to greet the visitor.
(d) They phone the police.
11. What was Karen thinking about while Max was sleeping at the hotel?
(a) Karen thought about what she should wear.
(b) Karen planned her wedding.
(c) Karen contemplated her situation.
(d) Karen thought about travelling abroad.
12. In part 2, Chapter 9, Karen compares her feeling of isolation to the isolation she might have felt in what country?
(a) New Guinea.
13. Who had Max been friends with in Paris?
(a) Madame Fisher.
(b) Uncle Bill.
(c) Mrs. Michaelis.
14. In what manner did Karen return to the town at the end of Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) She waiting in a field until dark to return to town.
(b) She ran ahead of Max.
(c) She took a bus back to town.
(d) She walked behind Max to avoid being seen by the gossips.
15. What did Karen and Max do after lunch in Chapter 8?
(a) They strolled around the town.
(b) They sat in a park.
(c) They went to a bookstore.
(d) They went to see a film.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Karen struggle with as she saw Max and Naomi off to Paris?
2. Where did Karen and Max arrange to meet in Part 2, Chapter 8?
3. Where did Max put his hand while Naomi was inside at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
4. How does Henrietta react when Leopold begins to cry in Part 3, Chapter 1?
5. Where did Naomi's aunt live?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)