|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Naomi, Max and Karen feel around each other in Part 2, Chapter 5?
2. What do Leopold and Madame Fisher do when a visitor arrives downstairs in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) They change into formal clothes.
(b) They phone the police.
(c) They do not make much notice.
(d) They go downstairs to greet the visitor.
3. Where did Max put his hand while Naomi was inside at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Max put his hand on Karen's shoulder.
(b) Max put his hand on Karen's hand.
(c) Max put his hand in his pocket.
(d) Max put his hand on his knee.
4. According to Karen, what did Madame Fisher think were Karen's feelings towards Max?
(a) Madame Fisher believed Karen was in love with Max.
(b) Madame Fisher believed Karen was bored by Max.
(c) Madame Fisher believed Karen idolized Max.
(d) Madame Fisher believed Karen detested Max.
5. What did Karen believe of Madame Fisher's power over Max?
(a) Madame Fisher had no power over Max.
(b) Madame Fisher didn't realize she had a power over Max.
(c) Madame Fisher loved the power she had over Max.
(d) Madame Fisher hated that she had some power over Max.
6. What did Mrs. Michaelis say after reading the letter from Madame Fisher in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) That it would be rude to not reply immediately.
(b) That she didn't feel the need to answer it.
(c) That Karen ought to go to Paris as soon as possible.
(d) That she was embarassed by Madame Fisher.
7. How had Max behaved around the young female boarders?
8. What country did Leopold live in first?
9. How did Karen feel while watching Max write a letter in Part 2, Chapter 10?
10. Who was the letter addressed to in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(c) Madame Fisher.
(d) Mrs. Michaelis.
11. What kind of tree did Max and Karen talk under in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) A maple tree.
(b) An apple tree.
(c) A birch tree.
(d) A cherry tree.
12. Who did Madame Fisher make sure was around upon Karen's return to England?
13. What was by the phone when Karen returned home in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) A ring box.
(b) A pocket watch.
(c) A hankerchief.
(d) A note.
14. What did Mrs.Michaelis do to her bedroom furniture at the end of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) She covered her bedroom furniture with sheets.
(b) She moved it into the hallway.
(c) She used it to block her door from opening.
(d) She began painting it.
15. How did Leopold come to live with his current family?
(a) The woman previously caring for Leopold suddenly died.
(b) Leopold lives with them so he can attend a particular school.
(c) Leopold ran away from his previous home.
(d) Leopold was kicked out from his previous home for stealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Fisher tell Leopold to do at the end of Part 3, Chapter 2?
2. In part 2, Chapter 9, Karen compares her feeling of isolation to the isolation she might have felt in what country?
3. At the end of Part 2, Chapter 10, what did Max look at for the last time?
4. What did Max tell Karen during their conversation in Part 2, Chapter 5?
5. What did Max reveal to Karen about his father in Part 2, Chapter 6?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)