|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Karen and Max decide to write to Naomi about in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) The truth of their relationship.
(b) The advantages of living in England.
(c) Naomi's mother's health problems.
(d) The rumors circulating in England about Naomi.
2. What did Naomi, Karen and Max banter about in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Train travel.
(b) English versus French theatre.
(c) The merits of being English.
(d) The latest fashion styles.
3. How long did the letter from Madame Fisher remain unopened?
(a) Several hours.
(b) Two days.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) One week.
4. At the end of Part 2, Chapter 10, what did Max look at for the last time?
(a) The church.
(b) The canal.
(c) The waterfall.
(d) The harbor.
5. How long did Mrs. Michaelis convince Karen to wait for until she told Ray about Max?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Five days.
(c) Six months.
(d) One month.
6. What did both Karen and Max believe Naomi knew as of Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) They believed that Naomi knew she would never see Karen again.
(b) They believed that Naomi knew she had been tricked by Karen.
(c) They believed that Naomi knew of their feelings for one another.
(d) They believed that Naomi knew her mother disliked Max.
7. What did Max tell Karen during their conversation in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) That he didn't want to return to Paris or remain in England.
(b) That he was going to join the military.
(c) That his engagement was a mistake.
(d) That he had bought a flat in London.
8. What did Karen believe Madame Fisher was aware of in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) Of what had or could transpire between Max and Karen.
(b) Of Karen's betrayal toward Naomi.
(c) Violet's illness.
(d) Of Karen's relationship with Ray.
9. What did Karen's mother discover in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) That Karen was pregnant.
(b) That Naomi was ill.
(c) That Karen was lying.
(d) That neighbors were gossiping about Karen.
10. Who was visiting Karen and her mother in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(b) Uncle Bill.
(c) Yellow Hat.
11. How is the garden in Part 2, Chapter 5 described?
(a) As tidy.
(b) As colorful.
(c) As half-dead.
(d) As unkempt.
12. What did Naomi reveal to Karen during her visit in Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) Naomi revealed that she had inherited a fortune.
(b) Naomi revealed that she was pregnant.
(c) Naomi revealed that Max had committed suicide.
(d) Naomi revealed that she had married Max.
13. What did Karen avoid in part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Max's eyes.
(b) Leaving her house.
(c) Visiting Naomi.
(d) Ray's letters.
14. What did Karen and Max agree to do in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) Travel to Ireland together.
(b) Get married.
(c) Go their seperate ways.
(d) Tell Madame Fisher the truth.
15. What do Leopold and Madame Fisher do when a visitor arrives downstairs in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) They change into formal clothes.
(b) They phone the police.
(c) They do not make much notice.
(d) They go downstairs to greet the visitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Fisher tell Leopold when she comes back downstairs in Part 3, Chapter 1?
2. What was by the phone when Karen returned home in Part 2, Chapter 11?
3. What did Max reveal to Karen about his father in Part 2, Chapter 6?
4. What was the weather like during Karen and Max's rendezvous in Part 2, Chapter 9?
5. How did Karen feel while watching Max write a letter in Part 2, Chapter 10?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)