|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Fisher tell Leopold when she comes back downstairs in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) That he should stop asking nosy questions.
(b) That a letter has arrived for him.
(c) That Madame Fisher wishes to speak to him.
(d) That his train will soon depart.
2. How would Karen and Max have felt if they had actually become a couple.
(c) Very unhappy.
3. Where did Karen and Max have lunch in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) A café.
(b) A patisserie.
(c) A boulangerie.
(d) A bistro.
4. Who was the second letter in Chapter 7 from?
(c) Uncle Bill.
5. How does Leopold react in front of Miss Fisher to the news that his mother is not coming?
(a) He punches the wall.
(b) He reacts dispassionately.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He yells at Miss Fisher.
6. In what manner was Max writing the letter in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) With determination.
(b) With uncertainty.
(c) With hesitation.
(d) With careful consideration.
7. Where did Karen and Max arrange to meet in Part 2, Chapter 8?
8. What did Karen wonder about during the weeks following the goodbyes at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Going to Paris.
(b) Hhow Naomi was doing in Paris.
(c) Whether Max ever thought about her.
(d) Violet's health.
9. What did Karen and Max do after lunch in Chapter 8?
(a) They went to see a film.
(b) They sat in a park.
(c) They strolled around the town.
(d) They went to a bookstore.
10. What nationality was Max's father?
11. Where did Naomi's aunt live?
12. What country did Leopold live in first?
13. After Karen told her mother the truth about her and Max, what did Mrs.Michaelis say Karen was acting like?
(a) A callous woman.
(b) An infatuated woman.
(c) An evil woman.
(d) A determined woman.
14. What did Karen tell Max that she considered a waste of time?
(a) Staying in Ireland.
(b) A long engagement before marriage.
(c) The year she spent at Madame Fisher's.
(d) Her school days.
15. How did Karen get back to London in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) By plane.
(b) By bus.
(c) By taxi.
(d) By train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Karen mean when she asked Max if he could live "here" in Part 2, Chapter 9?
2. What did the letter from Madame Fisher hint at in Part 2, Chapter 7?
3. How is the garden in Part 2, Chapter 5 described?
4. In what manner did Karen return to the town at the end of Part 2, Chapter 10?
5. Who was visiting Karen and her mother in Part 2, Chapter 11?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)