|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Karen wonder about during the weeks following the goodbyes at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Violet's health.
(b) Hhow Naomi was doing in Paris.
(c) Going to Paris.
(d) Whether Max ever thought about her.
2. What did the letter from Madame Fisher hint at in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) The dangerous unrest in Paris.
(b) Her unhappiness about Naomi's engagement to Max.
(c) Her disliking for Ray.
(d) That Madame Fisher was becoming destitute.
3. How does Leopold feel about the way his Italian family lives?
4. What did Naomi, Karen and Max banter about in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Train travel.
(b) The merits of being English.
(c) The latest fashion styles.
(d) English versus French theatre.
5. What does Madame Fisher tell Leopold about her health in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) She suffers dizzy spells.
(b) She is completely healthy.
(c) She is dying.
(d) She is coming down with the flu.
6. What did Karen realize about her relationship with Naomi in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) That it was more important than her relationship with Max.
(b) That is wasn't as important as her relationship with Max.
(c) That it was making her feel guilty.
(d) That it was based on lies.
7. What did Karen tell Max that she considered a waste of time?
(a) Her school days.
(b) A long engagement before marriage.
(c) The year she spent at Madame Fisher's.
(d) Staying in Ireland.
8. What did Karen believe of Madame Fisher's power over Max?
(a) Madame Fisher loved the power she had over Max.
(b) Madame Fisher had no power over Max.
(c) Madame Fisher didn't realize she had a power over Max.
(d) Madame Fisher hated that she had some power over Max.
9. Who was the second letter in Chapter 7 from?
(c) Uncle Bill.
10. What did Karen and Max agree to do in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) Go their seperate ways.
(b) Get married.
(c) Tell Madame Fisher the truth.
(d) Travel to Ireland together.
11. When did Karen and Max arrange to meet next at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) The following week.
(b) In three months.
(c) In one month.
(d) In two weeks.
12. In what manner did Karen return to the town at the end of Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) She ran ahead of Max.
(b) She walked behind Max to avoid being seen by the gossips.
(c) She waiting in a field until dark to return to town.
(d) She took a bus back to town.
13. How does Henrietta react when Leopold begins to cry in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) Henrietta runs away.
(b) Henrietta gets angry with him.
(c) Henrietta leans against him and cries.
(d) Henrietta hugs him.
14. What does Miss Fisher tell Leopold to do at the end of Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) To leave Madame Fisher's room.
(b) To take a letter to the post office.
(c) To sit with Henrietta.
(d) To wash up for dinner.
15. After Karen told her mother the truth about her and Max, what did Mrs.Michaelis say Karen was acting like?
(a) A callous woman.
(b) An infatuated woman.
(c) An evil woman.
(d) A determined woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Naomi reveal to Karen during her visit in Part 2, Chapter 12?
2. How did Karen get back to London in Part 2, Chapter 11?
3. What did Mrs.Michaelis do to her bedroom furniture at the end of Part 2, Chapter 12?
4. At the end of Part 2, Chapter 10, what did Max look at for the last time?
5. Where did Max put his hand while Naomi was inside at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)