|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Karen doing when she was interrupted by Yellow Hat in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Karen was eating dinner.
(b) Karen was reading a book.
(c) Karen was writing a letter.
(d) Karen was sewing.
2. How many years in the past is Part 2 set in?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Five years.
3. What do Henrietta and Madame Fisher talk about in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) Madame Fisher's childhood.
(b) Henrietta's grandmother, Leopold and Miss Fisher.
(c) The story behind some of Madame Fisher's favorite objects.
(d) The neighborhood boys and their behavior towards Leopold.
4. What similarity was Naomi glad to share with Karen in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) They were both fans of Charles Dickens.
(b) They were both engaged.
(c) They were both adopted.
(d) They were both scarlet fever survivors.
5. What did Uncle Bill tell Karen not to speak of to the rest of the family?
(a) The fire.
(b) Karen's engagement.
(c) His bankruptcy.
(d) Violet's illness.
6. What do Henrietta and Leopold think of Miss Fisher?
(a) They think she is funny.
(b) They think she is pitiable.
(c) They think she is kind.
(d) They think she is insane.
7. According to what Karen learned, where was Naomi going to be in Part 2 Chapter 3?
8. Why was Karen unable to go to Paris like she wanted to in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Madame Fisher disapproved of Karen's engagement.
(b) The English ferry operators were on strike.
(c) Karen did not have enough money for the voyage.
(d) Madame Fisher's house was full.
9. What does the reader learn about Miss Fisher's father?
(a) He was arrested for murder, but released.
(b) He was a soldier.
(c) He died in a freak accident.
(d) He was English.
10. Why did Naomi arrive early at Karen's home in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Naomi needed to get away from Max.
(b) Naomi wanted to get there before it got dark out.
(c) Naomi wanted to surprise Karen.
(d) Naomi was very intent on seeing Karen.
11. How is Bill's wife described?
(a) As tranquil.
(b) As controlling.
(c) As sarcastic.
(d) As matronly.
12. What do Henrietta and Leopold both resent?
(a) Miss Fisher's orders.
(b) Doing chores.
(c) Rainy days.
(d) The class system.
13. Why did Karen travel after her engagement announcement?
(a) To tell her family about the engagement.
(b) To stay at a sanatorium.
(c) To attend school.
(d) For a vacation.
14. What does the reader learn of Henrietta's grandmother and older sister in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) They are Henrietta's best friends.
(b) They are suffocatingly affectionate.
(c) They are cold and standoffish.
(d) They are domineering.
15. What does Miss Fisher do while Henrietta and Madame Fisher converse in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) Miss Fisher naps.
(b) Miss Fisher writes a letter.
(c) Miss Fisher knits.
(d) Miss Fisher reads.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henrietta have a quick nap in Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. What does Leopold begin to imagine of Henrietta in Part 1 Chapter 5?
3. What was the name of Bill's home?
4. After looking at the stripes of the wallpaper in Part 1, Chapter 5, what does Henrietta comment about the house?
5. Where did Bill live?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)