|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Karen think of Max?
(a) Karen respected Max.
(b) Karen thought Max was charming.
(c) Karen found Max unlikeable.
(d) Karen thought Max was foolish.
2. What did Uncle Bill tell Karen not to speak of to the rest of the family?
(a) His bankruptcy.
(b) Violet's illness.
(c) Karen's engagement.
(d) The fire.
3. What does Leopold contemplate after reading the letter from Henrietta's grandmother?
(a) His own situation.
(b) His future and how it compares to Henrietta's future.
(c) Henrietta's family.
(d) Henrietta's living situation.
4. How is Bill's wife described?
(a) As controlling.
(b) As tranquil.
(c) As sarcastic.
(d) As matronly.
5. How does Henrietta's grandmother address Miss Fisher in the letter that Leopold reads?
(a) As "Miss Fish."
(b) As "Fish friend."
(c) As "Kinfisher."
(d) As "Missy."
6. What does Leopold find in Miss Fisher's handbag that frustrates him?
(a) A small amount of money.
(b) A mysterious photograph.
(c) An empty envelope.
(d) Nothing of interest or value.
7. Who does Madame Fisher urge Henrietta to "never distress"?
(a) Her grandmother.
(c) Madame Fisher.
(d) Miss Fisher.
8. Why does Henrietta feel resentment once inside the Fishers' house?
(a) For having to pretend to be interested in Miss Fisher's stories.
(b) For having to act considerately towards the invalid mother and Leopold.
(c) For having to share her surroundings with strangers.
(d) For having to see Paris through Miss Fisher's eyes.
9. What is the name of Leopold's mother?
10. What does Miss Fisher urge Henrietta to do in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Visit the famous sites with Leopold and pretend she is having a great time.
(b) Try to convince Leopold to leave the house.
(c) Ignore Leopold's attempts at conversation.
(d) Play with Leopold naturally and avoid bringing up why he's there.
11. Who has requested that Henrietta stop off at the Fisher home?
(a) Miss Fisher.
(b) Henrietta's grandmother.
(d) Henrietta's sister.
12. What do Leopold and Henrietta feel when they hear that news has arrived in Part 1, Chapter 5?
13. What does the reader learn of Henrietta's mother in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) She is very young.
(b) She is the mistress of a very powerful man.
(c) She has disappeared.
(d) She is dead.
14. How does Henrietta describe Madame Fisher's way of talking?
(a) It is indifferent.
(b) It is humorous.
(c) It is offensive.
(d) It is impudent.
15. Who has just arrived from England in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(b) Henrietta's sister.
(d) Miss Fisher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Leopold staying at the Fishers' home?
2. What does Leopold's fortune say?
3. What kind of relationship does Miss Fisher and Henrietta's grandmother have?
4. Where did Karen travel to after the announcement of her engagement?
5. What was Naomi's mother described as?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)