|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leopold feel while Henrietta is admonishing him in Part 1, Chapter 2?
2. What did Karen think of Max?
(a) Karen thought Max was foolish.
(b) Karen found Max unlikeable.
(c) Karen respected Max.
(d) Karen thought Max was charming.
3. What did Leopold's father do to Miss Fisher?
(a) He broke her heart.
(b) He followed her around everyday.
(c) He ignored her.
(d) He beat her.
4. What does Madame Fisher think of Leopold?
(a) She thinks Leopold is very intelligent.
(b) She thinks Leopold is full of himself.
(c) She thinks Leopold is a scared boy.
(d) She thinks Leopold is witty and charismatic.
5. What does Leopold begin to imagine of Henrietta in Part 1 Chapter 5?
(a) That Henrietta is out to get revenge on him.
(b) That Henrietta and he will marry.
(c) That Henrietta is a Russian princess in exile.
(d) That Henrietta may be a friendly part of his new life in England.
6. What did the character who arrived at the end of Chapter 4 want to hear about?
(a) The latest local gossip.
(b) Karen's time at Mount Iris.
(c) Violet's health.
(d) Naomi's engagement.
7. What do Leopold and Henrietta feel when they hear that news has arrived in Part 1, Chapter 5?
8. What does Miss Fisher urge Henrietta to do in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Try to convince Leopold to leave the house.
(b) Play with Leopold naturally and avoid bringing up why he's there.
(c) Visit the famous sites with Leopold and pretend she is having a great time.
(d) Ignore Leopold's attempts at conversation.
9. Why did Karen travel after her engagement announcement?
(a) To attend school.
(b) To stay at a sanatorium.
(c) To tell her family about the engagement.
(d) For a vacation.
10. What does Leopold play with during his conversation with Henrietta in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) A pocket watch.
(b) His sweater sleeve.
(c) A ball of yarn.
(d) A dispatch case.
11. Who does Madame Fisher urge Henrietta to "never distress"?
(a) Madame Fisher.
(b) Her grandmother.
(d) Miss Fisher.
12. How did Madame Fisher know Leopold's mother?
(a) Madame Fisher was Leopold's mother's tutor.
(b) Leopold's mother employed Leopold's mother as a maid.
(c) Leopold's mother is Madame Fisher's goddaughter.
(d) Leopold's mother once lived as a boarder with Madame Fisher.
13. Who was Karen engaged to?
14. How is Bill's wife described?
(a) As tranquil.
(b) As matronly.
(c) As sarcastic.
(d) As controlling.
15. How did Naomi feel when comparing herself to her mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter from Leopold's aunt to Miss Fisher hint at?
2. How did Karen feel about being alone in Part 2, Chapter 1?
3. What was Karen's fiance's job?
4. Why did Naomi arrive early at Karen's home in Part 2, Chapter 4?
5. What arrives at the house while Henrietta is reading Leopold's fortune?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)