|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Leopold lived with throughout his life?
(a) The Fishers.
(b) His older brother.
(c) His parents.
(d) Two aunts and an uncle.
2. Why was Leopold frustrated at living in a small Italian city?
(a) He had always wanted to live in Paris.
(b) The city had none of the spirit of Rome.
(c) He felt out of place.
(d) It felt suffocating.
3. How did Naomi often reply when asked whether her mother still intervened in her life?
(a) "Not anymore."
(b) "Whenever she can."
(c) "Regretably, no."
(d) "Only when I let her."
4. What was Leopold's father's name?
5. What do Henrietta and Leopold both resent?
(a) Rainy days.
(b) Doing chores.
(c) The class system.
(d) Miss Fisher's orders.
6. Why had Naomi made the journey in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) To shop for the latest fashions.
(b) To attend the wedding of a cousin.
(c) To wrap up the estate of a dead aunt.
(d) To attend a lecture at a university.
7. How did Karen feel about being alone in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(b) Abandoned and lonely.
(c) Confused and sad.
(d) Happiness and peace.
8. What does Madame Fisher think of Leopold?
(a) She thinks Leopold is full of himself.
(b) She thinks Leopold is very intelligent.
(c) She thinks Leopold is a scared boy.
(d) She thinks Leopold is witty and charismatic.
9. What kind of relationship does Miss Fisher and Henrietta's grandmother have?
(a) They are basically strangers.
(b) A casual, long-standing friendship.
(c) A distant and detached relationship.
(d) They are as close as family.
10. How might one describe Karen's family?
(c) Working class.
(d) Upwardly mobile.
11. What does Henrietta confront Leopold about once she returns downstairs in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Telling Madame Fisher a lie about Henrietta.
(b) Sneaking a peek at her undergarments.
(c) Reading the letters and not picking up her things.
(d) Finishing off the apple pie at lunch.
12. Who arrived at the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Karen's mother.
13. How is Bill's wife described?
(a) As matronly.
(b) As controlling.
(c) As sarcastic.
(d) As tranquil.
14. How does Henrietta make it to her destination in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) She walks.
(b) In a taxi.
(c) In a private car.
(d) By bus.
15. What did Karen learn about Naomi in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) That Naomi was pregnant.
(b) That Naomi has told lies about Karen.
(c) That Naomi was ill.
(d) That Naomi was engaged to Max.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years in the past is Part 2 set in?
2. What is Karen's surname?
3. What is Henrietta able to tell fortunes with?
4. What does Leopold play with during his conversation with Henrietta in Part 1, Chapter 2?
5. What does the reader learn of Henrietta's grandmother and older sister in Part 1, Chapter 2?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)