|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 - The Present - Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Karen travel after her engagement announcement?
(a) To stay at a sanatorium.
(b) To tell her family about the engagement.
(c) To attend school.
(d) For a vacation.
2. According to Karen, what did Madame Fisher think were Karen's feelings towards Max?
(a) Madame Fisher believed Karen idolized Max.
(b) Madame Fisher believed Karen was in love with Max.
(c) Madame Fisher believed Karen detested Max.
(d) Madame Fisher believed Karen was bored by Max.
3. How did Karen get back to London in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) By plane.
(b) By train.
(c) By bus.
(d) By taxi.
4. What arrives at the house while Henrietta is reading Leopold's fortune?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A parcel.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A messenger.
5. What did Karen realize before she left Mount Iris in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) A letter from Ray was probably on its way.
(b) That she would be unwelcome in Paris.
(c) She would never see Bill again.
(d) That she would never travel to Ireland again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Karen tell Max that she considered a waste of time?
2. How did Karen feel about the intensity of Naomi's devotion towards her?
3. Who does Madame Fisher urge Henrietta to "never distress"?
4. What nationality was Max's father?
5. Who was Karen engaged to?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)