|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 - The Past - Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Karen and Max arrange to meet in Part 2, Chapter 8?
2. What did the letter from Madame Fisher hint at in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) That Madame Fisher was becoming destitute.
(b) Her unhappiness about Naomi's engagement to Max.
(c) The dangerous unrest in Paris.
(d) Her disliking for Ray.
3. How did Naomi often reply when asked whether her mother still intervened in her life?
(a) "Whenever she can."
(b) "Regretably, no."
(c) "Only when I let her."
(d) "Not anymore."
4. What is the name of Henrietta's sister?
5. After looking at the stripes of the wallpaper in Part 1, Chapter 5, what does Henrietta comment about the house?
(a) The house is too small for so much to happen in.
(b) The house is too small for so many people to be in at once.
(c) The house is old and probably haunted.
(d) The house is too messy to welcome visitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henrietta confront Leopold about once she returns downstairs in Part 1, Chapter 5?
2. What did Uncle Bill tell Karen not to speak of to the rest of the family?
3. At the end of Chapter 6, what did Naomi do inside while Max and Karen sat in silence outside?
4. Who was Karen engaged to?
5. What does Leopold's fortune say?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)