|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 - The Past - Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Bill's wife described?
(a) As matronly.
(b) As tranquil.
(c) As sarcastic.
(d) As controlling.
2. What did both Karen and Max believe Naomi knew as of Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) They believed that Naomi knew her mother disliked Max.
(b) They believed that Naomi knew she had been tricked by Karen.
(c) They believed that Naomi knew of their feelings for one another.
(d) They believed that Naomi knew she would never see Karen again.
3. Where did Max put his hand while Naomi was inside at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Max put his hand on his knee.
(b) Max put his hand on Karen's hand.
(c) Max put his hand on Karen's shoulder.
(d) Max put his hand in his pocket.
4. What did Karen do to the letter Max write in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) Karen mailed it.
(b) Karen burned it.
(c) Karen tore it up.
(d) Karen hid it in a book.
5. Why did Mrs. Michaelis disappear upstairs in Chapter 7?
(a) To deal with Violet's death.
(b) To find Karen.
(c) To look for a book.
(d) To take a nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Karen mean when she asked Max if he could live "here" in Part 2, Chapter 9?
2. Besides Ray, who did Karen write to in Part 2, Chapter 2?
3. In part 2, Chapter 9, Karen compares her feeling of isolation to the isolation she might have felt in what country?
4. What did Bill confess to Karen in Part 2, Chapter 2?
5. What arrives at the house while Henrietta is reading Leopold's fortune?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)