|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 - The Past - Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bill confess to Karen in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) That he had burned his house down.
(b) That Violet was dying.
(c) That he had gone bankrupt.
(d) That Karen was adopted.
2. What did Karen struggle with as she saw Max and Naomi off to Paris?
(a) Her injured leg.
(b) How to put her feelings for Max aside.
(c) Her fear that she would not see them again.
(d) How to bear staying in England.
3. What does Leopold tell Henrietta he is determined to do in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Become a millionaire and move to America.
(b) Stay in France.
(c) Make something of his new life in England.
(d) Go to Oxford University.
4. How did Karen feel while visiting Bill?
5. What do Henrietta and Madame Fisher talk about in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) The story behind some of Madame Fisher's favorite objects.
(b) The neighborhood boys and their behavior towards Leopold.
(c) Henrietta's grandmother, Leopold and Miss Fisher.
(d) Madame Fisher's childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leopold contemplate after reading the letter from Henrietta's grandmother?
2. What did Karen and Max do after lunch in Chapter 8?
3. What was Leopold's father's name?
4. What is Karen's surname?
5. Who was the second letter in Chapter 7 from?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)