Part 1 - The Present - Chapters 1 and 2
• Henrietta arrives in Paris from England.
• Henrietta is to stop off at the Fisher home in between trains.
• Miss Fisher tells Henrietta that there is another guest at the Fisher home; a boy of Henrietta's age.
• Henrietta feels discomfort, uneasiness and resentment inside the house, for varying reasons.
• Henrietta has a nap and finds Leopold in her room when she awakes.
• The reader learns that Henrietta' mother is dead and the Leopold lives with his uncle and two aunts in a small Italian city.
Part 1 - The Present - Chapters 3 and 4
• Leopold looks through Miss Fisher's handbag hoping to find letters about him.
• Leopold finds an envelope that is empty. He believes the envelope has his mother's handwriting on it.
• Leopold reads a letter from his aunt to Miss Fisher that includes many instructions on how to care for Leopold. It...
This section contains 1,268 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)