|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is disturbing about Virginia kissing Vanessa?
(a) It is done behind Leonard's back.
(b) It is done behind Nelly's back.
(c) It happens on the train to London.
(d) It is not quite innocent.
2. How many times will Clarissa Dalloway have kissed a woman?
(a) On many occasions.
3. What does Laura intend to do in the hotel room?
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Read Pride and Prejudice.
(d) Read Mrs Dalloway.
4. What does the unusual light in Richard's apartment reveal?
(a) His astonishing taste in art.
(b) That he really needs to fire his cleaning lady.
(c) The flaws and smallness of his life's detritus.
(d) The way the illness has ravaged his face and body.
5. With what profession is Nelly's calm compared?
(a) With that of a test pilot.
(b) With that of an executioner.
(c) With that of a patient nanny.
(d) With that of an undertaker.
6. What drove Clarissa to part from Richard over thirty years ago?
(a) He love for Louis and Sally.
(b) Her desire for a relatively ordinary life.
(c) Her desire to be famous.
(d) The power of her suburban morality.
7. Why does Clarissa imagine Julia despises her?
(a) For her intolerance of smoking.
(b) For her dislike of Mary.
(c) For her love for Richard.
(d) For depriving her of a father.
8. Where would Clarissa like her ashes to be scattered?
(a) On the big dune at Wellfleet.
(b) In her own garden.
(c) Over the lake in Central Park.
(d) Wherever Richard's are scattered.
9. What preoccupies Virginia?
(a) The fate of 'Clarissa' in her novel.
(b) The price of children's coats in Harrods.
(c) The train time-table.
(d) Leonard's worry over her.
10. Which character does Julia describe as strange?
11. Where does Clarissa find Richard?
(a) Perched on the window sill.
(b) Perched on the edge of the balcony.
(c) In the bath.
(d) In his usual chair.
12. What is Nelly preparing for supper?
(a) Beef with burgundy.
(b) Roast beef.
(c) Boiled beef.
(d) Beef Wellington.
13. What do Virginia and Vanessa do behind Nelly's back?
(a) Eat sugared ginger.
(c) Eat digestive biscuits.
14. What has made Richard feel wonderful?
(a) The combination of drugs he has taken.
(b) The colors on his robe.
(c) The decision that he has made.
(d) The lovely day outside his gloomy apartment.
15. Who does Laura desire?
(b) Kitty and Clarissa.
(d) Both Kitty and Dan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard call death?
2. What is Clarissa nervous about?
3. What is the devil Virginia refers to?
4. At what time of day does Virginia set off for a walk?
5. What is implied about Richmond station's yellow wooden benches?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)