|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Virginia think of millinery?
(a) Vanessa's elegance.
(b) The thrush on its pyre.
2. What happened to Kitty's husband during the War?
(a) He was a prisoner of war in Germany.
(b) He was a prisoner of war in the Philippines.
(c) He was jailed as a conscientious objector.
(d) He survived the horrors of the Burma Railway.
3. Literally, what does the word 'porcine' mean?
(a) Like a porcupine.
(b) Like a pig.
4. What does London mean to Virginia?
(a) Crowds and complications.
5. What gives Mrs. Latch's garage the look of a miniature house?
(a) The size and shape of it compared to the main house.
(b) The way the door has a green-shuttered window in it.
(c) The way the door has a cantilevered front extension, like a storm porch.
(d) The way the door has two little red windows in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the description at the beginning of this chapter, what would be a good word to use to describe Walter Hardy's expression?
2. What does Laura feel herself to be?
3. What troubles Laura about Richie?
4. Why has Kitty acted strangely and desperately?
5. What sudden change in Virginia has occurred?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)