|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crisis looms before tea?
(a) The crisis over the dying thrush.
(b) Squabbles about the meaning of life.
(c) The failure of the cake.
(d) The later arrival of the sugared ginger.
2. How does Virginia describe Ralph?
(a) As a handsome ditherer.
(b) As handsome and callow.
(c) As handsome but amoral.
(d) As daring.
3. Why does Clarissa take the stairs?
(a) She recognizes the need to keep fit.
(b) The elevator smells bad.
(c) She fears being trapped in the elevator.
(d) The exercise energizes her.
4. How does Virginia see herself?
(a) As merely a gifted eccentric.
(b) As a great writer.
(c) As a closet lesbian.
(d) As a privileged wife.
5. What does Laura think of the shadow of the passing bird?
(a) She thinks of how it represents freedom.
(b) She is briefly, deeply pleased by it.
(c) She is indifferent to it.
(d) She is briefly alarmed by it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a sarcophagus?
2. For how long does Clarissa wait in the hope of seeing the famous film star?
3. Vanessa resembles a sculpture of which period, according to Virginia?
4. How many planes does Virginia see above her?
5. What has made Richard feel wonderful?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)