|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What material is used for the counter top in Clarissa's kitchen?
(b) Terra cotta.
2. What does Clarissa say might be a good omen?
(a) Buying the flowers.
(b) Not catching the elevator to Richard's apartment.
(c) Opening Richard's room to light.
(d) Catching a glimpse of a movie star.
3. Who is described as being foreign-looking, with a Roman nose?
(a) Virginia Woolf.
(b) Clarissa Dalloway.
(c) Clarissa Vaughan.
(d) Laura Brown.
4. From the description at the beginning of this chapter, what would be a good word to use to describe Walter Hardy's expression?
5. What does the word 'ubiquitous' tell us about the Jack Russell terriers.
(a) That they are really small dogs.
(b) That they are noisy little pests and many people object to them.
(c) That they have become very common. Lots of people seem to have them.
(d) That they are big dogs that many people own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is perverse about Richard's good fortune?
2. Who gives Clarissa the nickname 'Mrs Dalloway'?
3. Who has a voice like a parakeet, according to Virginia?
4. Why does Clarissa take the stairs?
5. According to Virginia, what makes a person technically insane?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)