|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for the slabs of italic type in this chapter?
(a) They are to indicate the character's innermost thoughts.
(b) They are to indicate the novel Laura is reading.
(c) They indicate sections that don't matter to the overall story.
(d) They signal a time-slip.
2. Why did Barbara come to New York?
(a) To escape a disapproving family.
(b) To sing opera.
(c) To open a florist shop.
(d) To be near her lover, an opera singer.
3. How does Virginia feel around servants?
(b) Secretive and guilty.
(c) At ease. They know their place.
(d) Weak and fumbling.
4. How does Virginia see herself?
(a) As merely a gifted eccentric.
(b) As a great writer.
(c) As a closet lesbian.
(d) As a privileged wife.
5. What literary device is represented by 'sinister beauty'?
Short Answer Questions
1. When she has to choose, what does Laura do?
2. What does Laura intend to do in the hotel room?
3. Why is Laura disappointed?
4. How old was Richard when he and Clarissa argued?
5. What is disturbing Laura?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)