|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Laura see out of the hotel window?
(a) Cars on a freeway.
(b) A statue of Christ.
(c) A V-shaped plaza with a fountain.
(d) A row of shops and a fountain.
2. What is a sarcophagus?
(a) A stone coffin.
(b) A kind of bone cancer.
(c) A person who eats flesh.
(d) A sarcastic Greek.
3. What is Virginia's reaction as Vanessa takes her hand?
(a) She feels she must put up with it for the children's sake.
(b) She feels comfortable.
(c) She feels happy at this expression of caring.
(d) She feels both irritated and satisfied.
4. Where does Virginia's body finally come to rest?
(a) Against a bridge piling at Southwark.
(b) Under a bridge in London.
(c) Under a jetty at Richmond.
(d) Against a bridge piling at Southease.
5. What does the word 'ubiquitous' tell us about the Jack Russell terriers.
(a) That they are big dogs that many people own.
(b) That they have become very common. Lots of people seem to have them.
(c) That they are noisy little pests and many people object to them.
(d) That they are really small dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dozes on a slatted bench?
2. What crisis looms before tea?
3. What has attracted a small crowd?
4. What material is used for the counter top in Clarissa's kitchen?
5. What is Louis' sad observation?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)