|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worrying symptoms does she think about?
(a) Hearing voices and having headaches.
(b) Hearing sparrows singing in Latin.
(c) Having headaches and giddiness.
(d) Hearing the devil speak to her.
2. Who has a voice like a parakeet, according to Virginia?
3. What does 'the new world--the rescued world' refer to?
(a) The world that is to be saved by the return of Jesus.
(b) The world after World War I.
(c) The world after World War II.
(d) The world as it could be without global warming.
4. Who dozes on a slatted bench?
(a) An old woman in a red jacket.
(c) An old woman in a shawl.
5. Why did Barbara come to New York?
(a) To escape a disapproving family.
(b) To sing opera.
(c) To open a florist shop.
(d) To be near her lover, an opera singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What material is used for the counter top in Clarissa's kitchen?
2. What information does Nelly give Virginia?
3. What does Laura tell Richie she will do today?
4. Where is this chapter set?
5. What does Leonard worship above all else?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)