|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Oliver dropped from his leading role in a thriller?
(a) Because he wanted to rewrite his part.
(b) Because he 'came out' as gay.
(c) Because he argued with the director.
(d) Because he asked for double the money.
2. Who careens past on a bicycle?
(a) A policeman.
(c) A Chinese boy.
3. Why does Clarissa take the stairs?
(a) She recognizes the need to keep fit.
(b) The exercise energizes her.
(c) She fears being trapped in the elevator.
(d) The elevator smells bad.
4. What is the neighbors' garage made of?
(b) Bricks painted blinding white.
(c) White stucco.
(d) White clapboard.
5. What is disturbing Laura?
(a) She is experiencing a sudden aversion to her husband and child.
(b) She is experiencing a strange fear that her pregnancy will go wrong.
(c) She's experiencing an upset stomach and feels embarrassed.
(d) She's experiencing a dreamlike feeling that she cannot shake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does writing, when inspired, give to Virginia?
2. What is the maid's response to Leonard's alarm?
3. Where does Clarissa imagine her rejected future taking place?
4. How does Virginia describe Ralph?
5. What pet-name does Laura have for Richie?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)