|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is she 'allowed' to be self-indulgent at the moment?
(a) She has just finished a diet.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) Her husband has just confirmed how much he loves her.
(d) She is hoping she is pregnant.
2. What breed of dog is mentioned in this chapter?
(b) Old English sheepdog.
(c) Chow Chow.
3. What has appeared in the window-box of the woman next door?
(a) A rose.
(c) A dandelion.
(d) A single gerbera.
4. Why has Kitty acted strangely and desperately?
(a) Her illness and imminent operation have made her afraid.
(b) She is afraid she might be pregnant.
(c) She is jealous of Laura because she has a child.
(d) She has realised she does not love Ray any more.
5. Why does Laura tell Richie he is a smart boy?
(a) He can fetch things from the cupboard.
(b) He can count to four.
(c) He can count to twenty.
(d) He can sift flour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Clarissa imagine her rejected future taking place?
2. How does Virginia get along with her neighbors?
3. What does Virginia put in the pocket of her cardigan?
4. For how long does Clarissa wait in the hope of seeing the famous film star?
5. What does the word 'ephemera' mean?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)