|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Virginia feel inside herself?
(a) Hunger--both to eat and to write.
(b) A parallel, purer self--like a soul.
(c) A cancer growing aggressively.
(d) A black, evil soul.
2. In her suicide note, what impression does Virginia give of her marriage?
(a) That it was a sham.
(b) That it was too confronting.
(c) That it was happy and loving.
(d) That it could never have worked.
3. Which character does Virginia wish to avoid?
4. What is Richie nervous about?
(a) Licking the bowl.
(b) Measuring the butter.
(c) Breaking the eggs.
(d) Measuring the flour.
5. Why does Richard burn incense?
(a) To cover the smells of his illness.
(b) To cover smells of garlic in the kitchen.
(c) As part of a religious ritual.
(d) He finds the fragrance helps his poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clarissa think we ought first to measure people?
2. What is the reason for the slabs of italic type in this chapter?
3. For how long does Clarissa wait in the hope of seeing the famous film star?
4. What will prompt Dan to say: 'Get a load of this'?
5. Why does Laura tell Richie he is a smart boy?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)